Become a Patron!

THE $9.00 BOX MOD THAT USES 3 AA BATTERIES? WHAT? (THE JOMO)

VaporJoe

_ the end has arrived _
Staff member
VU Owner
VU Senior Leadership
VU Senior Administrator
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Press Corps
ECF Refugee
Vape Media
Member For 5 Years
Reddit Exile
VU Patreon

So what do we have here? It seems this popular cheap device takes 3 x AA batteries. Now my take is - This mod combines the 1.5 volt batteries bringing the voltage to 4.5v allowing you to vape off it. For the price I think its a neat little item. AA batteries are cheap, and you can also use the rechargeable.

This is new ground for vaping - my experience with AA battery safety and vaping is almost non-existent.

Please be careful using a mod like this.

WHERE: >> HERE <<

$8.95 + FREE SHIPPING

n1Z1MFEEkyw

Click here to get more information on this deal....

Giraut

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Using rechargeable, the voltage would drop to 3.6V. Also, the 3 AA batteries would have a combined internal resistance of 0.3 ohms when full, and 0.6 ohms when half empty. In other words, the low voltage means you'll have to drop to coil's resistance, and half of the power will be wasted warming up the insides of the batteries, to get any sort of meaningful vapor production. As for using alkaline batterie, well... that's a costly form of vaping.

In short, thanks but no thanks.

Zamazam

Evil Vulcan's do it with Logic
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Using rechargeable, the voltage would drop to 3.6V. Also, the 3 AA batteries would have a combined internal resistance of 0.3 ohms when full, and 0.6 ohms when half empty. In other words, the low voltage means you'll have to drop to coil's resistance, and half of the power will be wasted warming up the insides of the batteries, to get any sort of meaningful vapor production. As for using alkaline batterie, well... that's a costly form of vaping.

In short, thanks but no thanks.
Awww, I want to run my Mutation X at .07 ohms on this! Nutz.

Dj Xy

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
This is nothing new, it's just a updated version of the puck mod .

EthelMaltol

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Any mod under $10 immediately captures my attention! I realize this is an updated puck, i dont have any experience soldering, so i wouldnt be able to make my own. I did have a ton of AA rechargeables. Wondering if this is worth it? If you cant get the full voltage, it seems like it would run similar to a mech, with more mah. I dont typically sub ohm, close, though. Was wondering what you estimate would give a satisfying and safe vape on this device? I would probably want to have this to give or lend out in the future.

VU Sponsors