nadalama

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Patreon
Ok, so since the Aegis Legend, I've been a big fan. Never did get my hands on the og Aegis, but if I could have come up with the money at the right time, I would have. The Legend was given to me by my son, after he dinged it all up. I just bought a silicone cover for it, and on we go.

Bought an Aegis X. Love it.

Bought an Aegis Solo. Love it.

Bought an Aegis Max. Full. Freakin. Stop.

Is it just me? If not, what is it about the Max that makes it so damn cheap feeling? And it vapes like you've doused it in water. It is a DOG.

Is there some secret to setting the thing up that I just haven't figured out?

I've tried it with a half dozen different atomizers, and it's just a dog no matter what I put on it.

Anybody?

nadalama

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Patreon
Ok now that I've said all that, I put the Wine Red Zeus X Mesh on it, cranked the watts up to about 50, and it's vaping good.

Is it just one of those mods that has weird power calibration or something? That same tank, I'd vape at 40-42.5 watts on anything else.

Still feels like a $20 mod though.

5150sick

Under Ground Hustler
Staff member
VU Administrator
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Press Corps
Member For 5 Years
Mod Team Leader
I've found a few that are off by a large margin.
They have mostly been fly by night manufacturers though.
The Vape Connexx 150W comes to mind as one that's off by a lot.

If you have to put it on 50 to get 40 to 42.5 real watts then I guess it's really like a 85 watt mod?
and I feels cheap in the hand?
Is it plastic?

That really sucks.:(
I'm surprised to see all the glowing reviews on it.

Unless the prototype sent out for review was a better device.:oops:

ajvapes

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
Ok now that I've said all that, I put the Wine Red Zeus X Mesh on it, cranked the watts up to about 50, and it's vaping good.

Is it just one of those mods that has weird power calibration or something? That same tank, I'd vape at 40-42.5 watts on anything else.

Still feels like a $20 mod though.
Just compared mine to the Odin mini, not much difference.

nadalama

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Patreon
I've found a few that are off by a large margin.
They have mostly been fly by night manufacturers though.
The Vape Connexx 150W comes to mind as one that's off by a lot.

If you have to put it on 50 to get 40 to 42.5 real watts then I guess it's really like a 85 watt mod?
and I feels cheap in the hand?
Is it plastic?

That really sucks.:(
I'm surprised to see all the glowing reviews on it.

Unless the prototype sent out for review was a better device.:oops:

I don't know if it is plastic, but it sure feels like plastic. I think the frame of it is metal, but it's just so thin, it feels cheap. The buttons on it are REALLY shiny, they look like that chromed plastic stuff used on toys, that the chrome part chips off after a little while, and that shiny-ness is completely wrong for the style of the rest of the mod. The "leather," well, I don't know what that is. I guess it could be leather, but when I compare it to the Solo, the Solo material feels like leather and the Max feels like some fake stuff. That part doesn't bother me as much as the shiny buttons and the cheapy frame, and the fact that the power on it just doesn't seem right.

I had high hopes for it, because I like single 21700 mods a lot in general, and they're normally a great size for my hands. The size of this one is perfect for me.

I just looked up where I got it and what I paid for it, was half thinking this was some trick bullshit like Eightvape pulls sometimes, but no, it came from eliquid.com. I had $25.00 worth of points I'd accumulated over the years, so with shipping and all it was a little less than $20. I guess it's worth what I paid for it. Like I said, a $20 mod.

hellcatrydr

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I've got a couple of of em and I haven't seen any power issues,
even with a lowish battery.
I mighta been lucky but the Aegis Max been great for me.

nadalama

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Patreon
I've got a couple of of em and I haven't seen any power issues,
even with a lowish battery.
I mighta been lucky but the Aegis Max been great for me.

Well it's also true that I could have been unlucky and just got a dud.

I appreciate everyone's feedback. Thanks, all!

MrMeowgi

The Vapin' Drummer
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I've always liked the looks of the aegis x. Finally bought one in the hardware thread and should be shipped today. I know they're tough mods. I hope it is as well. Haven't even though about what I'll put on it. Maybe dig the profile unity back out. What max size atomizer can fit on there?

nadalama

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Patreon
I've always liked the looks of the aegis x. Finally bought one in the hardware thread and should be shipped today. I know they're tough mods. I hope it is as well. Haven't even though about what I'll put on it. Maybe dig the profile unity back out. What max size atomizer can fit on there?

I'd think a 26mm atty would fit on it, but probably not anything wider than that.

Just Frank

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I've had no issues with performance and mine feels pretty solid. The screen could've been done better. My main gripes with it are size and the shape on top.

One of the main reasons I like to use single battery mods is size. They're usually smaller. The Aegis Max is larger than quite a few of my dual 18650 mods. I understand that to make it have the 67 rating or whatever, is going to add to its size. It's large but whatever I guess.

The 510 connector is huge. The platform on top is huge. A 25mm RTA sitting on it looks out of place almost or small. I know some people have this thing about 30mm with no overhang but for this? I would've preferred a black 510 connector or platform. The mods have a black rubberized theme and whatever color the buttons and frame is. Then it has this huge silver connector that isn't covered up unless you have a super wide atty on it. Most of the pictures people are posting are from a bottom view because it looks better that way. From a top perspective, unless you're atty is wide, it just looks strange. I guess what I'm saying is these mods make normal sized atomizers look super small on them.

gsmit1

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Have you tried comparing what the resistance says on the mod with another mod? Just a stab in the dark, but it sounds like maybe it's reading low. Maybe.

VU Sponsors