The Batman: HBO Max Streaming Date Reconfirmed by WarnerMedia CEO Jason Kilar

Status
Not open for further replies.

VUBot

Staff member
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Vape Media
WarnerMedia CEO Jason Kilar has reconfirmed that The Batman will arrive on HBO Max for all subscribers on April 19, 2022 - 46 days after it arrives exclusively in theaters.

As reported by ComicBook.com, Kilar was speaking on Vox's Recode podcast and discussed how, even though it may be disappointing for those who don't wish to go to the theater to see The Batman beginning on March 4, 2022, this window is much better than it was in the past.

"Think about when movies would show up on HBO, which is eight to nine months after theatrical premiere. The Batman is going to show up on day 46 on HBO Max," Kilar said. "That is a huge change from where things were in 2018, 2017, 2016."

Kilar previously shared the news that WarnerMedia's biggest tentpole films would be headed exclusively to theaters for at least 45 days before moving to a service "like HBO Max," and the company would no longer be debuting them day-and-date as it did for its 2021 films, including The Matrix Resurrections, The Suicide Squad, Godzilla vs. Kong, and Space Jam: A New Legacy.

This strategy will also extend to Warner Media's other 2022 films like Black Adam, The Flash, and Elvis.

"I feel really, really good knowing that The Batman, and Black Adam, and The Flash, and Elvis, and a whole host of other movies, are literally going to be showing up on day 46 on HBO Max in a variety of territories all over the world," Kilar said. "That is a very, very big change that I don't think people appreciate, and I feel really good about it."

For more, check out our preview of all the big DC movies and TV shows in 2022, The Batman's secret website that pits fans against the Riddler, and how Robert Pattinson's Bruce Wayne is inspired by the late Kurt Cobain.

Have a tip for us? Want to discuss a possible story? Please send an email to [email protected].

Adam Bankhurst is a news writer for IGN. You can follow him on Twitter
@AdamBankhurst and on Twitch.

Continue reading...

Status
Not open for further replies.

VU Sponsors