Become a Patron!

The Batman: Robert Pattinson Wore Val Kilmer's Batsuit for Screen Test - DC FanDome 2021

Status
Not open for further replies.

VUBot

Staff member
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Vape Media
The Batman director Matt Reeves revealed that leading man Robert Pattinson wore Val Kilmer's Batsuit from Batman Forever during an early screen test.

"Rob was litterally wearing Val Kilmer's Batsuit," Reeves explained. "Which, by the way, was a crazy moment." Pattison went on to describe the experience of wearing the iconic suit, which got a bit sweaty.

"It was crazy," Pattinson said. "I remember putting it on and saying, 'this is going to be absolutely impossible.' Wearing a two-inch-thick rubber suit and being incredibly nervous and full of adrenaline the whole time. I remember we did like two takes and we were saying, 'What can we do about this sweat?' And I was like, 'nothing, there's nothing that can be done.' I had to be drained of liquid."

In The Batman, Pattinson will play a younger version of the Caped Crusader who is in Year 2 of his superhero career. "[Batman] doesn't have as much control over his personality. The delineation between when he's Batman and when he's Bruce is not so clear. In other iterations of [Batman's story], he really knows what he's doing when he's putting on the cowl. And I really like the idea of him being a little out of control. He hasn't defined what Batman is. He gets lost in it... He's not sleeping, and he's becoming this odd creature."

Another Batman alum, Christian Bale, also wore Kilmer's Batsuit during his early Dark Knight Trilogy screening tests. The Batman is set to open in theaters on March 4, 2022.

For more from DC Fandome check out IGN for all the latest reveals and announcements.

David Griffin is the TV Streaming Editor for IGN. Say hi on Twitter.

Continue reading...

Status
Not open for further replies.

VU Sponsors