Become a Patron!

The Best TC Mods You Can (Still) Buy Today:Need your feedback on the article

Hi guys,

We have prepared a draft for the new series of "Best" devices.

The article is called: "The Best TC Mods You Can (Still) Buy Today".
And I'm looking at what we can improve in our article, you can check it here: https://vaposearch.com/best-tc-mods/

Let me know what we can improve in our listing. Like, shift the positions of devices, add more info, videos, etc.

I appreciate your feedback as always and trying to improve our articles according to your feedback! Thanks in advance!
Peace:)

Carambrda

Platinum Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
"Since Evolv introduced Temperature Control (shortened to just “TC“) to the vaping world, many companies tried to dethrone them in that game. Unsuccessfully, we should add."

Try telling that to all those die hard supporters of the Dicodes brand IMO and then brace yourselves for what you've just gotten yourselves into. You really don't want to know... ?

To me, personally, the best TC mods that money can buy have always been, and still continue to be, mechanical mods with the particular type of "angry" coil builds that I like to use in the particular type of rebuildable atomizers that, when I combine those things together, produce a powerful vape that is characterized by instant rampup and being able to, all the way from start to finish, feel the briskness during the inhale such that controlling the temperature of the coils becomes just a matter of knowing how to get it right, as under these custom-tailored circumstances tapering the strength of my draw is like second nature to me. So, my brain does the most accurate job at controlling coil temperature. It just always does. Really. I'm not joking in any way.

ajvapes

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
Been rockin the Odin mini DNA 75, exceptional....
Aegis Max is pretty good as is all the Aegis line, but the Dovpo topside line is better...
I use TC 90% of the time....

MyMagicMist

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
I use TC 90% of the time....

I'm happy for you using it so much. You can have my share of using. ;) I'll stick to not using it. It doesn't seem to do anything, ime. Still glad you are using it & seem to enjoy it. :)

happy-minion-woohoo-meme.jpg

SteveS45

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
I use TC most of the time also. Once I started using TC I never went back to VW because it is just the best for me. Now the only time I don't use it is because of the MOD or Coil.

MyMagicMist

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
I use TC most of the time also. Once I started using TC I never went back to VW because it is just the best for me. Now the only time I don't use it is because of the MOD or Coil.

Well glad you like it as well. As said already, each their own. :)

SteveS45

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Well glad you like it as well. As said already, each their own. :)

When I first started with TC I had the worst experience and even worse was the advice I received from so called Experts~! Turned out after wasting all this time with TCR and the other crooked paths I was sent down turned out the Hybrid Coil I was using was 2 different metals and required being set for the proper metal in TC. Once I figured it out for my self TC was the Bees Knees~! Since then I never follow other peoples direction or advice. Some think they know everything and I learned a VERY Long Time ago they don't know the 1st thing.

ajvapes

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
When I first started with TC I had the worst experience and even worse was the advice I received from so called Experts~! Turned out after wasting all this time with TCR and the other crooked paths I was sent down turned out the Hybrid Coil I was using was 2 different metals and required being set for the proper metal in TC. Once I figured it out for my self TC was the Bees Knees~! Since then I never follow other peoples direction or advice. Some think they know everything and I learned a VERY Long Time ago they don't know the 1st thing.
There is a learning curve, but once you get there , it becomes easy to tailor your vape to your personal preference....

SteveS45

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Wonderful,
It looks like a site that's drowning in ref links.
Obviously OP never bothered to read the rules.
Chances are this whole thread will need to be deleted.

Good because this is worse than the MSM Fake News. Mechs with no Software or Hardware doing TC? Fucking useless THREAD~!

Last edited:

ajvapes

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
If the wattage is set too high the temp cant keep up with it...
The DNas work fine, topsides are close,the detonator was surprisingly good, and the legend and max are holding their own. Baby ness is good, the rest are not in rotation.

SteveS45

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
TC means you set Temperature and when Coil reaches it MOD Stops firing. Mechs do not have the ability to set the Temp and AUTOMATICALLY shut down. Hold the button on your MOD and see what happens~!
Go For It~!

ajvapes

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
They regulate the temp not to go above the temp set, I will admit it is not perfect that is why the wattage setting is important.

Carambrda

Platinum Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Mechs are not Temperature Controlled because as long as you are hitting the fire button that MOD is Firing.

This must be a fucking joke~! Or just utter ignorance?
Think out of the box. Yes, with a TC mod the temperature can be controlled via a chip that keeps monitoring the resistance and that attempts to translate the resistance measurements repeatedly in order to arrive at an approximation of the temperature curve that represents how the temperature is changing so that the chip can then adjust the power output accordingly, which is obvious. With a mech mod, as a result from how I dial in the various parameters like the specific choice of atomizer, coil specs, coil positioning, and airflow adjustment─and as a result from always remembering to drip on time if using an RDA─it is possible for me to feel it on the vape that the coil temperature is following a curve. That's right, I can sense how the coils ramp up, and can sense it accurately enough for my brain to spontaneously adapt to the predictable characteristic or pattern that typifies how the vape feels like during the inhalation stage. Of course I can't adjust the power during my pull with a mech mod. But I can adjust the airflow strength instead, which happens without conscious thinking, like, second nature to me. The conception that the strength of airflow can not under any set of circumstances be used to accurately control the coil temperature is outdated. Only the conception that not everyone will also be capable (and willing...) to make it happen isn't. Those who are capable to achieve it are rewarded with the opportunity to choose what type of control they want to pursue.

MyMagicMist

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Scientific facts are facts based upon their own merit or lack of merit. For example we know gravity exists as there's evidence of it existing. Gravity exists is then a scientific fact.

Why am I defining what seems an obvious fact? Well I want to point out the lack of merit a human being can for example detect accurate temperature. I might for example go outside and feel the chill. I might guess it's around 30 degrees Fahrenheit.

Does that mean it is factually 30 degrees outside? No it does not. I am only guessing, making a hypothesis. Until I'm able to use a thermometer to gauge the temperature, or rely upon a scientifically authoritative gauging, I don't know the temperature.

Human beings are not thermometers, they are human beings. That is a scientific fact of merit, one person's guessing at a temperature isn't. And to say mechanical mods have temperature control could only be making an effort to say humans can accurately detect temperature. Sorry, that's both unrealistic and scientifically not factual.

By the by it's currently 32 here. I knew it was around 30, so I was off a couple of degrees. It snowed last night. Weather needs temperatures of freezing to snow. My guess was just that, a fair guess.

Last edited:

Syythe

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
When I hit my mechs slowly, I get a hotter vape. I hit them quickly and I get a cooler vape. I'm pretty sure that fact disqualifies mechs for TC. That and the fact it has zero sensors, input controls, or regulating electronics that is literally required to make TC function. I also seem to recall a mech giving me a dry hit (my fault or not, doesnt matter) with the constant threat of another always looming. I have never gotten a dry hit off of my DNA in temp mode, and never once felt that I would or even could.

Even though no mechs can do TC, I still prefer a mech over a regulated. So this statement came from a very loyal mech user, and not a TC fanboy.

Carambrda

Platinum Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
When I hit my mechs slowly, I get a hotter vape. I hit them quickly and I get a cooler vape. I'm pretty sure that fact disqualifies mechs for TC. That and the fact it has zero sensors, input controls, or regulating electronics that is literally required to make TC function. I also seem to recall a mech giving me a dry hit (my fault or not, doesnt matter) with the constant threat of another always looming. I have never gotten a dry hit off of my DNA in temp mode, and never once felt that I would or even could.

Even though no mechs can do TC, I still prefer a mech over a regulated. So this statement came from a very loyal mech user, and not a TC fanboy.
Technically speaking, TC is still really only just a marketing term. It doesn't actually measure the temperature in any way, as the resistance that is measured by a TC mod does not reflect the real surface temperature of the coils with great accuracy. It offers only an approximation that is relatively crude enough to invalidate the suggestion that it can do a better job at controlling the temperature than what I am able to achieve by sensing the vapor with one of my mech setups. For one, local heat buildups occuring in various different parts of the coils go virtually undetected with a TC mod, as the mod can't measure differences in resistance between one particular portion of the metal and another nearby portion. In fluid dynamics, there exists such a thing as adsorption effect. With an advanced coil build that uses the type of outer wrap wire that is fairly thin, typically, there will be numerous tiny cavities and crevasses that are interlinked through which the juice can keep flowing vigorously, at a comparatively much faster rate, out of the cotton wicks and onto the metal surface in every location, more homogenously in such a particular way that local heat buildups will be adequately suppressed as a direct result from this.

Remember that the part of the juice that is moving fast out of the cotton provides a significant cooling effect the strength of which is largely determined by the flow rate that characterizes this same part of the juice. With strong airflow smashing right into the coils, it will also be obvious the fact that the hot wet surface receives powerful cooling effect. In addition, faster evaporation provides stronger cooling effect, as that's how a freezer factually works... it uses evaporation of a liquid in order to create that effect. Furthermore, increased stable airflow across a liquid surface also accelerates evaporation thereby causing stronger cooling effect to be strengthened even further still. Also remember that juice fizzes briskly if using "angry" coil builds at high power such that the specific part of heat transfer that occurs inside the fizzing portion of the juice is lightning fast thus the combined effect of all these factors I described is that localized heat buildups are kept truly negligible. By contrast, TC mods are incapable to get a handle on changes in resistace that occur in the outer wrap wire that surrounds the core wires. This is due to the simple fact that very little current is flowing through it, compared to how much current is flowing through the core wires. Adjusting the TCR numbers to try to compensate for this, doesn't address the root cause of the problem.

Finally, yes of course I can get a dry hit from my mech mod if I forget to drip on time. But that is precisely why I never forget, just like I also never forget to keep my balance while riding a bicycle with no training wheels. And I don't need to know speed measurements nor require some sort of cruise control to still be able to control my bicycle's speed accurately enough that I never unfollow the optimum trajectory. That's just me, though... so my vaping style is fundamentally different, yet, the main relevant principle of keeping the coil temperature always perfectly under control is nonetheless applicable to it, and, that is still regardless of all the semantics of who uses what marketing terminology or consorted blatherings for describing that principle. There's pros and cons to everything. Including mech mods of course. And including TC mods also─AND training wheels on a bicycle. :D

Last edited:

Syythe

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Technically speaking, TC is still really only just a marketing term. It doesn't actually measure the temperature in any way, as the resistance that is measured by a TC mod does not reflect the real surface temperature of the coils with great accuracy. It offers only an approximation that is relatively crude enough to invalidate the suggestion that it can do a better job at controlling the temperature than what I am able to achieve by sensing the vapor with one of my mech setups. For one, local heat buildups occuring in various different parts of the coils go virtually undetected with a TC mod, as the mod can't measure differences in resistance between one particular portion of the metal and another nearby portion. In fluid dynamics, there exists such a thing as adsorption effect. With an advanced coil build that uses the type of outer wrap wire that is fairly thin, typically, there will be numerous tiny cavities and crevasses that are interlinked through which the juice can keep flowing vigorously, at a comparatively much faster rate, out of the cotton wicks and onto the metal surface in every location, more homogenously in such a particular way that local heat buildups will be adequately suppressed as a direct result from this.

Remember that the part of the juice that is moving fast out of the cotton provides a significant cooling effect the strength of which is largely determined by the flow rate that characterizes this same part of the juice. With strong airflow smashing right into the coils, it will also be obvious the fact that the hot wet surface receives powerful cooling effect. In addition, faster evaporation provides stronger cooling effect, as that's how a freezer factually works... it uses evaporation of a liquid in order to create that effect. Furthermore, increased stable airflow across a liquid surface also accelerates evaporation thereby causing stronger cooling effect to be strengthened even further still. Also remember that juice fizzes briskly if using "angry" coil builds at high power such that the specific part of heat transfer that occurs inside the fizzing portion of the juice is lightning fast thus the combined effect of all these factors I described is that localized heat buildups are kept truly negligible. By contrast, TC mods are incapable to get a handle on changes in resistace that occur in the outer wrap wire that surrounds the core wires. This is due to the simple fact that very little current is flowing through it, compared to how much current is flowing through the core wires. Adjusting the TCR number to try to compensate for this, doesn't address the root cause of the problem.

Finally, yes of course I can get a dry hit from my mech mod if I forget to drip on time. But that is precisely why I never forget, just like I also never forget to keep my balance while riding a bicycle with no training wheels. And I don't need to know speed measurements nor require some sort of cruise control to still be able to control my bicycle's speed accurately enough that I never unfollow the optimum trajectory. That's just me, though... so my vaping style is fundamentally different, yet, the main relevant principle of keeping the coil temperature always perfectly under control is nonetheless applicable to it, and, that is still regardless of all the semantics of who uses what marketing terminology or consorted blatherings for describing that principle. There's pros and cons to everything. Including mech mods of course. And including TC mods also─AND training wheels on a bicycle. :D
For so many words there, I would have assumed you might have had a valid point there. Clearly I forgot who I was talking to...

No matter how many words you type, or in what order you type them, you are WRONG. No mech can compete in a TC competition against a TC mod. TC mods may not measure temp directly, the same as a mercury based thermometer doesnt measure temp. It measures the expansion of the liquid held within, which is predictable and repeatable just like the ohms of a coil. Your pie hole is not a scientific instrument, and does not out preform the electronics designed to do such a task. I know that you believe what you are spouting off, but you dont have to try so hard to make others believe that bullshit. Im sure your friends will follow your super human pie hole anywhere.

Carambrda

Platinum Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
For so many words there, I would have assumed you might have had a valid point there. Clearly I forgot who I was talking to...

No matter how many words you type, or in what order you type them, you are WRONG. No mech can compete in a TC competition against a TC mod. TC mods may not measure temp directly, the same as a mercury based thermometer doesnt measure temp. It measures the expansion of the liquid held within, which is predictable and repeatable just like the ohms of a coil. Your pie hole is not a scientific instrument, and does not out preform the electronics designed to do such a task. I know that you believe what you are spouting off, but you dont have to try so hard to make others believe that bullshit. Im sure your friends will follow your super human pie hole anywhere.
According to those who couldn't produce an ounce of science even if they tried, yes of yourse I'm ALWAYS wrong. That's just how they choose to berate me when, clearly, they don't know when they've lost an argument. Everyone else except them has no trouble understanding my point re local differences in surface temperature not being factored into the TC equation in any way that can still be called reasonable accuracy, especially if using complex coil builds, not to mention ones that use the Nichrome 80 metal type for the core wires. Sacrificing the ability to use complex coil builds just to be able to get accurate TC results is exactly that: a sacrifice that one chooses to either accept or not accept. As is having to always remember to drip on time when using a mech, among various other sacrifices/limitations. But that changes nothing of the fact I am still capable to control coil temp with a mech, with ultra high precision, predictable and repeatable by me. It isn't my fault that your pie hole can not do the same. Maybe you still could, if you kept your pie hole shut until you actually tried it, by putting in more serious effort. But I can't give you any guarantees about that...

I can lead the horse to water, but I can't force the horse to drink water. And ignorance is bliss.

SteveS45

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Wow, see how many puffs you get using TC and not cranking the wattage up to what the manufacturers say the coil can work at?

Syythe

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
According to those who couldn't produce an ounce of science even if they tried, yes of yourse I'm ALWAYS wrong. That's just how they choose to berate me when, clearly, they don't know when they've lost an argument. Everyone else except them has no trouble understanding my point re local differences in surface temperature not being factored into the TC equation in any way that can still be called reasonable accuracy, especially if using complex coil builds, not to mention ones that use the Nichrome 80 metal type for the core wires. Sacrificing the ability to use complex coil builds just to be able to get accurate TC results is exactly that: a sacrifice that one chooses to either accept or not accept. As is having to always remember to drip on time when using a mech, among various other sacrifices/limitations. But that changes nothing of the fact I am still capable to control coil temp with a mech, with ultra high precision, predictable and repeatable by me. It isn't my fault that your pie hole can not do the same. Maybe you still could, if you kept your pie hole shut until you actually tried it, by putting in more serious effort. But I can't give you any guarantees about that...

I can lead the horse to water, but I can't force the horse to drink water. And ignorance is bliss.
AWWW, look who got their panties in a bunch... You need to go back and hone those troll skills of yours. You used to be better at this.

f1r3b1rd

https://cookingwithlegs.com/
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon

The argument is so pointless. That it just proves your epic troll status

Carambrda

Platinum Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
MECH's can't do TC no matter how much BS you spew~! Show me on your Mech where it shows the Temp Setting on the Display.

View attachment 174061
It doesn't need to have a temp setting. It just puts me myself and I in control of the temp, and, for that to work, I don't need to know the number... I only need to sense the characteristics of the vape during the inhale to effectively control them, i.e. by tapering the strength of my pull to control the temp.

Carambrda

Platinum Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
AWWW, look who got their panties in a bunch... You need to go back and hone those troll skills of yours. You used to be better at this.
I call it "external TC". It hooks up to the coils via the drip tip. :p

Syythe

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
I call it "external TC". It hooks up to the coils via the drip tip. :p
Do what now? Maybe a misquote? Your response has nothing to do with the comment you quoted, at all... Looks like our resident troll is getting all tuckered out. May I suggest tucking yourself in under the bridge and getting some rest. Maybe you will dream up some new, maybe even valid, ideas to try to shove into our faces tomorrow.

Good night little guy!

Carambrda

Platinum Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Do what now? Maybe a misquote? Your response has nothing to do with the comment you quoted, at all... Looks like our resident troll is getting all tuckered out. May I suggest tucking yourself in under the bridge and getting some rest. Maybe you will dream up some new, maybe even valid, ideas to try to shove into our faces tomorrow.

Good night little guy!
External TC skills are still TC. Calling them troll skills doesn't make you look smarter.

Syythe

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
External TC skills are still TC. Calling them troll skills doesn't make you look smarter.
This was fun and all, but Im done here. Looking forward to our next encounter.

Oh, and I never once claimed to be smart. I know better than that. I am a redneck from the Appalachia foothills and proud of it. And I still made less of a fool of myself than you.

MyMagicMist

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
I used simple SS316L builds in atomizers known for their flavor,
We used simple SS316L builds in atomizers known for their flavor,

Do you expect someone to say, "that's a neat way to revive a dead thread"? If so well, ... "keep dreaming, Alice, Wonderland is just around the corner."

This in some measure is why some are either fading away from the site all together, or doing as I and lurking. No point further contributing for a host of reasons when this crap gets going.

Last edited:

VU Sponsors