Become a Patron!

The Devil Came down to Georgia...and left with my last pack of cigarettes...

VapnJake

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
So this is the introductions section... Hopefully I'll be able to keep this somewhere between, "Hi, I'm me." and an autobiography... lol

I'm 29 years old, married with a 6 year old daughter. My wife introduced me to smoking about 5 years ago and I'd gotten to about a pack and a half a day including at least a half can (usually more) of dip as well... Of course, I can't blame all of it on my wife I suppose. If I cannot hold myself responsible I must also hold my career in Law Enforcement to blame... I'm a Deputy Sheriff, and for those of you who do not know, for some reason where there are cops, there is tobacco...

The week of June 27th (a Saturday that I remember well) around 10 am my wife and I stepped outside for our last cigarettes. I turned to her and announced that these 2 were the last of our pack and that there would be no more bought. Of course this was a plan that we'd had for awhile. We were to slowly back off of cigarettes and we were doing good to smoke 3 to 5 a day at that time. But this was it. She agreed and we have been smoke free since. I must say that it's truly amazing to me to find the lack of interest I now have in cigarettes. I'm finding the smell almost revolting and it's comforting to know that I don't have much desire to light one up.

Over the years I've learned that people are creatures of habit. Part of this is my attachment that I'd grown for a particular lighter I purchased at a Theme park many years ago. I'd purchased my father and myself identical lighters (even though I'd never thought I begin smoking). They were Zippo lighters with Dale Earnhardt Sr. replica signiture, and his picture in front of a checkered flag. Once smoking cigarettes became a thing for me I picked up this lighter, filled it with fluid and became very attached to it. I even purchased a new zippo lighter and replaced the inner mechanism, not once but TWICE! So not only was I putting down cigarettes, I was putting down my beloved Zippo. It is now emptied of fluid, flint removed, and stored in my gun cabinet...

Now my go to is a KangerTech EVOD battery with variable voltage up to 4.8v and a Aspire Nautilus Mini. I've also grown quite fond of Crankberry Juice and Ectoplasm juice from Fusion Vapor. I've just ordered the new Istick TC40W with a IJust 2 atomizer with ni .15 coils... I can't wait to get this thing in. My wife on the other hand is vaping as well but she absolutely refuses to upgrade equipment because her intentions are to slowly put down the vapor as well.

Now for nicotine... We tried to start out at 24 mg with the mindset that coming off of a pack to a pack and a half a day we must NEED the highest allowed amount of nicotine... Not hardly... that stuff will grow hair in your throat! We dropped down to 18 mg and did great. This past week we just dropped again to 12 mg and intend to continue to drop every few weeks or month or so until nicotine isn't even an issue...

Anyway this is an introduction of me and where I am at with vaping and such, but I'm glad to be here and thanks for reading and following along, or atleast pretending to lol...

**Cliff notes: Hi, I'm me and I Vape...***

RMarcusY

☮ Ambassador ☮
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Vendor Employee
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Welcome to the VU.
We need someone to enforce the law around here.

jte12345

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Strange question here, but: When you hit 0 nic do you plan to quit vaping?

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

VapnJake

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
@jte12345 I highly doubt it, I'm really enjoying myself quite a bit... lol. My wife plans to but I'm sure she's figured out that this is something I'll continue to do for awhile.

RMarcusY

☮ Ambassador ☮
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Vendor Employee
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
I've been at 0mg for about a year.

nabibrian

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
images

theycallmehydro

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Welcome to the forum man! Im new myself! Im roughly 3 weeks into my vapor journey, (Was at a pack to a pack and a half a day too). I have already moved down to 0% Nic, occasionally switching it up to 3% (Most my friends who have moved to vape smoke 3% and I like to try there flavors)

I don't think I will be quitting anytime soon either, I really enjoy the whole experience that comes with vaping, and Ive found myself looking for new stuff to try all the time lol.

Markw4mms

#Team Jimi Supporter
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Welcome to VU , glad to have you join us!

VapnJake

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
@theycallmehydro - I'm not sure I would be too pleasant to be around if I dropped my nicotine that fast lol, but good job... I did day 1 without any nicotine at all and I could tell it was going to be a rough trip... so I'm going to try to take it a bit slower, atleast I'm not smoking cigarettes lol!

theycallmehydro

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
@theycallmehydro - I'm not sure I would be too pleasant to be around if I dropped my nicotine that fast lol, but good job... I did day 1 without any nicotine at all and I could tell it was going to be a rough trip... so I'm going to try to take it a bit slower, atleast I'm not smoking cigarettes lol!
LOL. Well in my case I think in all honesty it was just having something in my hand to do, and the smoke in general that I was really hooked on, thus when I came to vaping I went straight for trying to get large clouds. I feel like the main reason I even smoked cigarettes was boredom or social awkwardness.

z man

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I was a p.a.d. smoker for years Menthol...:cool:...Kools from 18 to about 20 years old,then I switched to true ultra lights but it was not very popular so I got stale packs most of the time...:(..Then the salem years...:rolleyes:..I'm sorry..o_O.I just remind My self that I was wanting to stop way back then..:mad:.At least I've kicked the habit,don't stink,can climb stairs instead of waiting for the lift..:D..And I started Vaping at 1.8 nic. and now the same bottle,at $4.99 is split with V.G. three to one,now the nic, is at 0.6 and I drip into a single coil at 1.7 ohm/at 20 watt and on an i'stick 30 I am truly never going to smoke again!...:p..Welcome, by the way!..:)..Z Just an after thought,how about a drip tank thingie to slide into Your old Zippo?...I've seen them,somewhere...

VU Sponsors