Become a Patron!

THE DIACETYL DEBATE: WHAT TOP RESEARCHERS HAVE TO SAY

nabibrian

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
We asked Dr. Carl V. Phillips – scientific director of CASAA, ex-Professor of Public Health and active researcher in tobacco harm reduction – about the issue and the potential for risk to vapers. He offered a response which has been published on his blog, Anti-THR Lies (which we’d encourage anybody interested to read in full), which contains a crucial point:
“It is extremely difficult to estimate risks from consumer exposures based on occupational epidemiology results, which generally involve extreme levels of exposure and a cocktail of different exposures rather than just a single chemical. It is far more difficult to estimate real risks based on artificial toxicology experiments. Both extrapolations involve heroic guesses.” – Dr. Carl V. Phillips

Save the mumbo jumbo and just answer the freaking question.
The "potential" risk...This Dr. can not even give a straight answer.
How about Dr. you answer truthfully, it is too early to really give a solid answer right now but we are continuing our research and testing and will provide the public with our findings once we have a better understanding of the potential risks.

"Heroic guesses"? WTF!? That is considered a valid response from a respected member from the scientific community? Give me a break, how about you STFU and you stick to stem cell research or something like that.

“Fortunately we know from real-world experience that widespread e-cigarette use, for a period of a several years, has not caused any detectable outbreaks of any serious acute disease including the one that is popularly attributed to diacetyl exposure. That is the most solid evidence we have.” – Dr. Carl V. Phillips
Now we are getting somewhere, finally a worthy response.

I'm done...I just can't with this, ugggggghhhhh!!

VU Sponsors