Platinum Contributor
VU Live Leadership
Show Host
Reviewer
Vape Media
VU Live Host
Member For 5 Years
Capture.JPGghjgjtgtgtgkmt.JPG From member @jasonandsarah

I got an email from dash vapes saying there was a voluntary recall of all 300w lipo versions. Now Idk what is going on with other retailers but after reading the email I feel everyone should try to return there's if possible. Unless of course you can fix it yourself.
Here's the email I got.....
Could someone more familiar with the forum layout then me please point me in the right direction to post a recall? Non squonk- dotmod dotbox (lipo version only)
Dash vapes emailed me and said this...
Defect: The DotBox 300W by DotMod does not contain necessary circuitry to prevent the device from over-discharging the Lithium-Polymer (LiPo) battery included inside the unit.

Hazard: Idle devices discharge the included LiPo batteries to unsafe voltages instead of reducing the quiescent current draw as the battery voltage drops. Over-discharge causes the LiPo battery in these devices to puff or swell after as little as four months. While there is little energy left in the pack if it is puffed it is a lot easier for it to be physically damaged or pierced by the device it's in. This can release the organic solvents inside the cells, which are toxic.

What to do: This is a voluntary recall on behalf of DashVapes, Inc. in Canada. If you purchased a DotMod DotBox 300W previously, please contact DotMod at [email protected]. Please provide your receipt. DotMod has offered to pay for the return label on your behalf. DotMod will issue a credit or replacement for your device. If you prefer, you may contact us directly at [email protected] we will assist you with the return or exchange.

We advise all customers who have previously purchased a DotMod DotBox 300W to check their batteries to ensure that they are not swollen. If your device has been sitting for an extended period without being recharged, do not attempt to charge it

Last edited:

5150sick

Under Ground Hustler
Staff member
VU Administrator
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Press Corps
Member For 5 Years
Mod Team Leader
https://www.dashvapes.com/blog/Product+Safety+Recall+on+DotBox+300W+by+DotMod/56

image_1508966796_680x453.png

PRODUCT SAFETY RECALL

DOTMOD DOTBOX 300W

PURCHASED AT ANY TIME

Defect: The DotBox 300W by DotMod does not contain necessary circuitry to prevent the device from over-discharging the Lithium-Polymer (LiPo) battery included inside the unit.

Hazard: Idle devices discharge the included LiPo batteries to unsafe voltages instead of reducing the quiescent current draw as the battery voltage drops. Over-discharge causes the LiPo battery in these devices to puff or swell after as little as four months. While there is little energy left in the pack if it is puffed it is a lot easier for it to be physically damaged or pierced by the device it's in. This can release the organic solvents inside the cells, which are toxic.

What to do: This is a voluntary recall on behalf of DashVapes, Inc. in Canada. If you purchased a DotMod DotBox 300W previously, please contact DotMod at [email protected]. Please provide your receipt. DotMod has offered to pay for the return label on your behalf. DotMod will issue a credit or replacement for your device. If you prefer, you may contact us directly at [email protected] and we will assist you with the return or exchange. We advise all customers who have previously purchased a DotMod DotBox 300W to check their batteries to ensure that they are not swollen. If your device has been sitting for an extended period without being recharged, do not attempt to charge it.

Last edited by a moderator:

jasonandsarah

Gold Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Has anyone gotten a responce from dotmod yet? I haven't...

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

bucksfan1976

Member For 4 Years
Has anyone gotten a responce from dotmod yet? I haven't...

Not to bring up a old subject but since its pinned you can call them and Whitney there will explain everything. She said something about DashVapes letting them sit dead for long periods and then rapid charging or something to that effect, On mine its simple during the day it gets like a hour or so charge and then i charge it overnight, not a single issue.

Last edited:

jasonandsarah

Gold Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Not to bring up a old subject but since its pinned you can call them and Whitney there will explain everything. She said something about DashVapes letting them sit dead for long periods and then rapid charging or something to that effect, On mine its simple during the day it gets like a hour or so charge and then i charge it overnight, not a single issue.
Yeah mine got taken care of back then. I bought the 300w right around when I started squonking so it wasn't getting any use. Nothing wrong with mine, but I didn't wanna take a chance since it wasn't getting used or charged. Dotmod gave me 100% of my original purchase price (credit) and I bought 2 dot squonks and a Petri cap
I loved the look and feel of that 300w dotmod! It's not only a pretty mod but it's also pretty rugged to be honest. I had mine probably 3-4 month's and don't think I even scratched it.
I do wonder why their statement said it was missing the circuitry to prevent over charging though? Maybe they hadn't totally figured out the problem yet?

VU Sponsors