The Eleaf iStick Pico 25 Kit, A DeucesJack Review

Deucesjack

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
2e039ef07d0583996041d21cc683cc43.jpg

Full disclosure:

Let’s get all the disclosures out of the way. This kit was sent to me directly from Eleaf specifically for the purposes of this review. This will not in any way, shape, or form cause me to give this kit a favorable review or change my opinion in any way.

First Impression Out Of The Box:

Two tiered packaging. Mod with the tank, 4ml glass and coil is on the top tier. Pull the ribbon and on the bottom tier of the box you a 2 amp USB cable, spare parts, chimney extender, spare chuff cap, and all of the manuals. The Pico is a good looking small mod. Definitely digging the two tone black and red color scheme. Loving the matchy, matchy tank.

What's In The Box:

* 1 x Eleaf iStick Pico 25
* 1 x Eleaf ELLO
* 1 x Eleaf HW1 Single Cylinder 0.2ohm Atomizer Head (Pre-installed)
* 1 x Eleaf HW2 Dual Cylinder 0.3ohm Atomizer Head
* 1 x Ultra Wide Delrin Drip Tip
* 1 x 4.0ml Expansion Glass
* 1 x Expansion Glass Adapter
* 1 x QC USB Cable
* 1 x Set of Spare Parts

99511e0ec0166963840fc19e25685b8d.jpg

From Top To Bottom:

The Mod:

The 510 pin is gold plated. It’s firm with a short throw to it. Threading on it is stainless steel. Next to the 510 is the color coordinated metal battery cap. When using a 25mm tank there is just enough room between the tank and the battery cap for everything to work. The battery cap has some nice threading to it and it comes off and on with little effort. The battery orientation is clearly marked inside the tube and on the inside of the cap.

The body of the mod is made of acrylic and aluminum. It definitely lightens up the weight of the mod but at the same time the mod does not feel cheap. The texture of the mod is smooth and it is very comfortable to hold.

The fire button is small and curved. Hey, what do you expect? It’s a small mod. It is responsive and has a nice feel to it. It feels like aluminum and I would guess it's made out of the same type of material that Eleaf used on the metal part of the body.
6df5e8572a1c5b324b4c7b7ec19adf50.jpg

The screen is actually big considering the size of the mod. Its bright and you can see it in any lighting condition. It seems to have a hard plastic clear cover but it does not hinder the readability of the screen. The fonts are big and bright and the screen displays all of the information a vaper needs. On the display you will see resistance, voltage, puffs, temperature/wattage, and material.

Just below the screen is a horizontally mounted USB charge/update port. It is capable of 2 amp charging and you get a 2 amp cable in the kit as well. The Pico 25 is also firmware upgradeable.

Turn the mod over and on the bottom we have some black on black Eleaf branding, venting, and the +/- buttons. The button is an oval shaped rocker style button that is recessed. It’s clicky and responsive but to be honest I am not a fan of buttons on the bottom of the mod. I have seen some reviews that mention button rattle but my mod does not rattle at all even when shaken vigorously. One thing i did have to do was flip the screen. It came out of the box with the screen on the wrong side, meaning when I looked at the screen the + button was on the bottom. I had to switch it because that really got my OCD going.
df68ac66e69d0c5b59182e1ffac6dae9.jpg

The Tank:

There is a beautiful color matched Ello tank included in this kit. Love the red they use. It just pops. Really comfortable curved drip tip that reminds me of the OG Merlin drip tip. Not 510 compatible and Eleaf should have included an adapter. They did include a wide bore chuff cap but for this tank its really not my style though.
69618b1a1984e2d36b4a79c9d90bfe0c.jpg
a47e7916b4079a549207f44f0c1ac8a6.jpg

The top cap is a slider. There is a little arrow you need to locate, push forward and the top cap slides open. Once open there is a kidney bean shaped fill port that will accommodate most bottles. Bull nose tips are a pain but if you apply some pressure when filling it works. The slider part does not separate from the actual top cap.
9f76ce21ca21fc819467d425ef480a1e.jpg

This tank has a 2ml glass section as well as a 4ml glass section. It would have been nice if we got a spare of at least one of those glasses. Personally because of the size of the mod and the coils I enjoy running this setup in 4 ml mode better than 2ml mode.
0f524251a7b84c7e244c070338b4efcf.jpg

When switching to 4 ml mode you do need to install the included chimney extension. It is easily done and for a really small tank the chimney has a very wide bore to it. I just like the complete look of the kit in 4 ml mode. It gives it a more substantial look.

This is a dual bottom airflow tank. The AFC swings freely and it has stoppers on both ends. The inside of the base is where you screw you coil in and then the top of the coil screws into the chimney. Simple easy design that we have all seen before.

With the tank you get two coils:

* (1) Eleaf ELLO Mini HW1 Single Cylinder SS316L 0.2ohm Atomizer Head for Variable Wattage or SS316L TC Mode (Recommended: 50 - 65W)
* (1) Eleaf ELLO Mini HW2 Dual Cylinder Kanthal 0.3ohm Atomizer Head for Variable Wattage (Recommended: 45 - 60W)
e3556c4ba860034bbb2c8b8ce6c54125.jpg

The first coil I tried was the HW1 and to be honest I think they over rated it. Every Time I went above 50 watts I got a slightly burnt taste. At 40 watts the flavor was perfect. My advice would be to ignore the ratings printed on the coils and just vape it where it tastes good. Either that or maybe I just got a bad coil. It does happen. I do like the fact that they included a TC coil because I am a TC vaper. Hopefully we'll see some more coils developed for this tank that can be used in TC
ec975c3f205a04880107c7c0849314ec.jpg
9aaed773289772f3cde0bffd7c4df3ef.jpg

Next I used the HW2 coil and I have to say that I did like the flavor and vapor production much better on this coil. This coil seems to be rated properly and I had no problem running it at 60 watts. Both coils have that funky cotton taste for the first 10 or 12 pulls. Once the coil is broken in the flavor is very good. Too bad they did not include a single coil RBA base for this tank. I think it would have been a nice addition to the kit and probably would have worked well.

Last edited:

Deucesjack

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
The Look, Feel, and General Aesthetics Of The Kit:
671d502e7bafe13db5723df890742fb5.jpg

Love the look and feel of this little guy. I like the two tone colors and I love that they matched the tank to the mod. This is a light mod that feels great in the hand. Not as stealthy as some mods but an easy carry for sure. Seems to be well built and the paint has been holding up fine. While not a pure stealthy mod it is a very easy mod to carry anywhere.

The Board:

Typical Eleaf, unfortunately nothing has changed. This mod does well in power mode. TC is another story. Very finicky in TC. Sometimes it will run smooth and give me a great vape. Sometimes it will kick me out of TC and into wattage mode for no apparent reason. It really is kind of a shame because when it does do TC it does a respectable job at it.

Of course this little mod has a full temperature control suite as well as TCR. It also has 3 memory slots and a bypass mode. The memory slots allow you to store 3 custom TCR values and the bypass mode makes the Pico 25 run like a mechanical mod. It also has a preheat function that can be accessed when the mod is powered off.

The Menu System:

Again no big changes here. If you have owned an Eleaf mod before this menu system will be very familiar to you.

* 5 clicks on/off
* - button and fire button together for stealth mode
* 3 clicks to change modes
* In TC mode 4 clicks to change wattage
* +/- button for 2 seconds for keylock

While the mod is off:

* +/- button for 2 seconds to flip the screen
* + button and fire button to access preheat functions

But Deuces, How Does She Vape:

All in all it's a nice little setup. The kit vapes well and I find myself using it a lot. I definitely like the higher wattage coil much better and if I were to buy new coils for this tank those are the ones I would use. I just juiced up a new coil with some T1V French Custard and I am getting an extremely nice satisfying vape from it at 50 watts. The clouds are nice and the flavor is pretty on point.

Conclusion:

I like this kit. I like using it when I leave the house and I don’t want to carry a lot. If I take it out with a fully charged battery and two fully charged batteries in a carry case I am good for the day. Of course that's if I am vaping at under 60 watts. Vape higher and this thing just rips through batteries. Remember, it's a single battery 85 watt mod so it's really not meant to vape at 75-80 watt. I mean yes technically you can but you will fly through batteries. So if TC is not important to you and you regularly vape under 60 watts then the Pico 25 is a great choice. If you need a very pocketable mod then the Pico 25 is a great choice. Maybe you are a beginner and you are looking for a simple, effective kit with a tank that takes factory coils. Give the Pico 25 a look. Maybe you're like me and you just like having a slew of mods that you use for different situations. If so, the Pico 25 is a worthy addition that has a place in any vape arsenal. Overall just a solid simple kit with a proven board and form factor.

Pros & Cons:

A note about Pros and Cons. These are my Pros and Cons. They are very subjective. What may be a pro to me could be a con to you and vice versa.

Pros:

- Mod:

* Small
* Effective
* Complete kit (just need a quality 18650 battery)
* 2 amp internal charging
* Good looking
* Bright screen
* Clicky buttons
* Fits 25mm tanks
* Form factor
* Very pocketable

- Tank:

* 25mm
* Bottom airflow
* Smooth airflow
* Easy top fill design
* Slider top cap
* Color coordinated to mod
* Tank is extendable
* Good machining
* Good flavor
* Nice clouds
* Two drip tips

Cons:

- Mod:

* +/- buttons on the bottom of the mod
* TC could be better

- Tank:

Cons:

* No RBA base
* No 510 drip tip adapter
* Rating on the HW1 coil is questionable

Specs:

- Pico 25 Mod:

* Dimensions: 2-3/4" x 1-7/8" x 15/16" (Including Battery Cap)
* 510 Threaded
* Comfortably Fits 25mm and Smaller Tanks
* Operating Wattage: 1.0 - 85.0 W
* Temperature Control: Nickel 200 (Ni200), Titanium (Ti), Stainless Steel 316 (SS316), TCR Modes
* Temperature Control: 100 - 315C / 220 - 600 F
* Bypass (Direct Output Voltage) Mode
* Resistance: 0.1 – 3.5 ohm in Variable Wattage/Bypass Mode
* Resistance: 0.05 - 1.5 ohm in Temperature Control mode
* Preheat Functionality
* Stealth Functionality
* Hidden Adjustment Buttons located on the Bottom of the Device
0.91" OLED Display Screen
* Requires (1) High Amp 18650 Battery (Sold separately)
* Side Micro USB Charging Port
* Maximum Charging Current: 2A
* Firmware Upgradeable
* Dual Circuit Protection

- Ello Tank:

* Dimensions: 1-3/4" x 15/16" (Including Drip Tip and Threads)
* 25mm Diameter
* 510 Threaded
* 2.0ml e-Liquid Capacity (4.0ml Capacity with Expansion Glass)
* Retractable Top Fill Design for Easy Refills
* Glass Tank
* Dual Airflow Slots
* Adjustable Airflow Control Valve
* Utilizes Eleaf ELLO Mini HW Atomizer Heads for Balanced Flavor and Vapor Production
* Includes (1) Eleaf ELLO Mini HW1 Single Cylinder SS316L 0.2ohm Atomizer Head for Variable Wattage or SS316L TC Mode (Recommended: 50 - 65W)
* Includes (1) Eleaf ELLO Mini HW2 Dual Cylinder Kanthal 0.3ohm Atomizer Head for Variable Wattage (Recommended: 45 - 60W)
* Includes Ultra Wide Delrin Drip Tip

If you liked this review or found it helpful please feel free to give it a like and me a follow on this forum. If you are a vendor and you would like a DeucesJack Review please feel free to PM me on this forum. Thank you for taking the time to read this review.

Last edited:

NoFog

Member For 4 Years
I wonder if 20650 battery would fit in there...the battery hole seems big enough, can anyone confirm or just measure the inner diameter of the cap?

Polargirl

Silver Contributor
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
So many people are quite fond of the Pico 75 on this site. A more technologically updated version of it will be welcomed by many.

A review like this provides excellent incentive for Pico 75 fans to try the 25.

David Wolf

Silver Contributor
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
ECF Refugee
2e039ef07d0583996041d21cc683cc43.jpg

Full disclosure:

Let’s get all the disclosures out of the way. This kit was sent to me directly from Eleaf specifically for the purposes of this review. This will not in any way, shape, or form cause me to give this kit a favorable review or change my opinion in any way.

First Impression Out Of The Box:

Two tiered packaging. Mod with the tank, 4ml glass and coil is on the top tier. Pull the ribbon and on the bottom tier of the box you a 2 amp USB cable, spare parts, chimney extender, spare chuff cap, and all of the manuals. The Pico is a good looking small mod. Definitely digging the two tone black and red color scheme. Loving the matchy, matchy tank.

What's In The Box:

* 1 x Eleaf iStick Pico 25
* 1 x Eleaf ELLO
* 1 x Eleaf HW1 Single Cylinder 0.2ohm Atomizer Head (Pre-installed)
* 1 x Eleaf HW2 Dual Cylinder 0.3ohm Atomizer Head
* 1 x Ultra Wide Delrin Drip Tip
* 1 x 4.0ml Expansion Glass
* 1 x Expansion Glass Adapter
* 1 x QC USB Cable
* 1 x Set of Spare Parts

99511e0ec0166963840fc19e25685b8d.jpg

From Top To Bottom:

The Mod:

The 510 pin is gold plated. It’s firm with a short throw to it. Threading on it is stainless steel. Next to the 510 is the color coordinated metal battery cap. When using a 25mm tank there is just enough room between the tank and the battery cap for everything to work. The battery cap has some nice threading to it and it comes off and on with little effort. The battery orientation is clearly marked inside the tube and on the inside of the cap.

The body of the mod is made of acrylic and aluminum. It definitely lightens up the weight of the mod but at the same time the mod does not feel cheap. The texture of the mod is smooth and it is very comfortable to hold.

The fire button is small and curved. Hey, what do you expect? It’s a small mod. It is responsive and has a nice feel to it. It feels like aluminum and I would guess it's made out of the same type of material that Eleaf used on the metal part of the body.
6df5e8572a1c5b324b4c7b7ec19adf50.jpg

The screen is actually big considering the size of the mod. Its bright and you can see it in any lighting condition. It seems to have a hard plastic clear cover but it does not hinder the readability of the screen. The fonts are big and bright and the screen displays all of the information a vaper needs. On the display you will see resistance, voltage, puffs, temperature/wattage, and material.

Just below the screen is a horizontally mounted USB charge/update port. It is capable of 2 amp charging and you get a 2 amp cable in the kit as well. The Pico 25 is also firmware upgradeable.

Turn the mod over and on the bottom we have some black on black Eleaf branding, venting, and the +/- buttons. The button is an oval shaped rocker style button that is recessed. It’s clicky and responsive but to be honest I am not a fan of buttons on the bottom of the mod. I have seen some reviews that mention button rattle but my mod does not rattle at all even when shaken vigorously. One thing i did have to do was flip the screen. It came out of the box with the screen on the wrong side, meaning when I looked at the screen the + button was on the bottom. I had to switch it because that really got my OCD going.
df68ac66e69d0c5b59182e1ffac6dae9.jpg

The Tank:

There is a beautiful color matched Ello tank included in this kit. Love the red they use. It just pops. Really comfortable curved drip tip that reminds me of the OG Merlin drip tip. Not 510 compatible and Eleaf should have included an adapter. They did include a wide bore chuff cap but for this tank its really not my style though.
69618b1a1984e2d36b4a79c9d90bfe0c.jpg
a47e7916b4079a549207f44f0c1ac8a6.jpg

The top cap is a slider. There is a little arrow you need to locate, push forward and the top cap slides open. Once open there is a kidney bean shaped fill port that will accommodate most bottles. Bull nose tips are a pain but if you apply some pressure when filling it works. The slider part does not separate from the actual top cap.
9f76ce21ca21fc819467d425ef480a1e.jpg

This tank has a 2ml glass section as well as a 4ml glass section. It would have been nice if we got a spare of at least one of those glasses. Personally because of the size of the mod and the coils I enjoy running this setup in 4 ml mode better than 2ml mode.
0f524251a7b84c7e244c070338b4efcf.jpg

When switching to 4 ml mode you do need to install the included chimney extension. It is easily done and for a really small tank the chimney has a very wide bore to it. I just like the complete look of the kit in 4 ml mode. It gives it a more substantial look.

This is a dual bottom airflow tank. The AFC swings freely and it has stoppers on both ends. The inside of the base is where you screw you coil in and then the top of the coil screws into the chimney. Simple easy design that we have all seen before.

With the tank you get two coils:

* (1) Eleaf ELLO Mini HW1 Single Cylinder SS316L 0.2ohm Atomizer Head for Variable Wattage or SS316L TC Mode (Recommended: 50 - 65W)
* (1) Eleaf ELLO Mini HW2 Dual Cylinder Kanthal 0.3ohm Atomizer Head for Variable Wattage (Recommended: 45 - 60W)
e3556c4ba860034bbb2c8b8ce6c54125.jpg

The first coil I tried was the HW1 and to be honest I think they over rated it. Every Time I went above 50 watts I got a slightly burnt taste. At 40 watts the flavor was perfect. My advice would be to ignore the ratings printed on the coils and just vape it where it tastes good. Either that or maybe I just got a bad coil. It does happen. I do like the fact that they included a TC coil because I am a TC vaper. Hopefully we'll see some more coils developed for this tank that can be used in TC
ec975c3f205a04880107c7c0849314ec.jpg
9aaed773289772f3cde0bffd7c4df3ef.jpg

Next I used the HW2 coil and I have to say that I did like the flavor and vapor production much better on this coil. This coil seems to be rated properly and I had no problem running it at 60 watts. Both coils have that funky cotton taste for the first 10 or 12 pulls. Once the coil is broken in the flavor is very good. Too bad they did not include a single coil RBA base for this tank. I think it would have been a nice addition to the kit and probably would have worked well.
Excellent and thorough review. I’ve had such reliability with istick mods, 30W, 40WTC, and 3 Pico 75s (a gunmetal one still in the box).I have a Pico 25 (silver and black) and a must have black silicone sleeve for it on the way from FT for my 24mm tanks. Eventually I will put Arctic Fox firmware on it after I checkout the native firmware on TC. I’ve been able to get decent temp control on my Picos with SS (with native firmware and AF) and love the small form factor, especially with the SXK doggy style MTL tank.

Deucesjack

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Excellent and thorough review. I’ve had such reliability with istick mods, 30W, 40WTC, and 3 Pico 75s (a gunmetal one still in the box).I have a Pico 25 (silver and black) and a must have black silicone sleeve for it on the way from FT for my 24mm tanks. Eventually I will put Arctic Fox firmware on it after I checkout the native firmware on TC. I’ve been able to get decent temp control on my Picos with SS (with native firmware and AF) and love the small form factor, especially with the SXK doggy style MTL tank.
Thx man. Appreciated that.

@NoFog Not to sure about that. I do not own any 20650 cells otherwise I would check for you. .

Deucesjack

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Haven't heard of the 20650, lol
I believe it's the same height as an 18650 just a tad wider. I've heard peeps talking about them but I have not actually seen one in person yet.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Letitia9

Citrus Junkie
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Challenge Team
Never knew it existed. Learn something new everyday around here.

NoFog

Member For 4 Years
LG HG6 Is a 20650, 30A 3000mAh is a lot better than 20A on HG2, can anyone who owns the Pico 25 measure the inner diameter of the battery cap? That is the tightest part of the battery compartment probably. If it is wide enough I might get it...

SkoldVape

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
It's really cool that they've included an ss coil but would be better if it did decent TC.
All in all seems like a good setup though. I have an original pico but this would be better seeing as it accommodates 25mm tanks. Thanks for the review :)

VU Sponsors