VU Administrator
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Press Corps
Member For 5 Years
Mod Team Leader
https://reason.com/blog/2016/12/16/the-fda-keeps-us-guessing-about-the-scop

"What does all this mean for e-liquids that contain synthetic nicotine? The possibility that someone would add tobacco-derived nicotine to them seems remote, so Next Generation Labs needn't worry about that (I think). But e-liquids containing its TFN-brand nicotine could still be deemed tobacco products if they work with multipurpose vaporizers. The company is therefore collaborating with Vapeix to develop a "cloud-connected smart vaporizer platform" that works only with e-liquids containing TFN nicotine. Next Generation cofounder Ron Tully says the alliance aims to "create a vape market which is unequivocally disassociated from traditional vaping devices that are intended to be used with tobacco-derived nicotine."

I told you Next Gen Labs, makers of TFN were a bunch of weasels that want a monopoly on the nicotine eliquid market yesterday.

This just helps prove my point - 5150

AndriaD

Yes, I DO wear a mask! I'm vaccinated, too!
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
e-liquids containing its TFN-brand nicotine could still be deemed tobacco products if they work with multipurpose vaporizers

Hmm... This sounds a lot like plopping a liquor tax on cherries... because they might be used in Whiskey Sours.

:facepalm:
Andria

JuicyLucy

My name is Lucy and I am a squonkaholic
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
If those fuckers can "deem" a mod as tobacco, they can certainly call non-tobacco based nic tobacco

5150sick

Under Ground Hustler
Staff member
VU Administrator
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Press Corps
Member For 5 Years
Mod Team Leader
If those fuckers can "deem" a mod as tobacco, they can certainly call non-tobacco based nic tobacco

They could call dog turds tobacco and tax you every time your dog shits if they wanted to.

AndriaD

Yes, I DO wear a mask! I'm vaccinated, too!
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
They could call dog turds tobacco and tax you every time your dog shits if they wanted to.

Brits used to come over here to escape taxes, I guess they still do... but nowadays we might start seeing some folks from the US fleeing to Britain to escape vape-insanity. :giggle:

Andria

VU Sponsors