Become a Patron!

The head of a top anti-tobacco group says an e-cig that's gone viral among teens is ‘the genie you c

5150sick

Under Ground Hustler
Staff member
VU Administrator
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Press Corps
Member For 5 Years
Mod Team Leader
The head of a top anti-tobacco group says an e-cig that's gone viral among teens is ‘the genie you can’t put back in the bottle’

https://www.thehour.com/technology/...a-top-anti-tobacco-group-says-an-13102141.php

We've all noticed the total freak out over the only non-Big Tobacco owned ecig that works.

No other devices ever get mentioned by name like this.

The Juul also happened to take over more then 50% of the convenience store market

It would appear as if this was a non grassroots effort to smear this single company since:

A) Juul is an enemy of Big Tobacco, who's been known to "play ball" with public health, Government and FDA.

B) Juul is an enemy of Big Pharma (Who literally has people switching positions back and forth with FDA) because they are losing the Nicotine Replacement Therapy (Patch, Gum, Lozenges) market to vaping.

C) Juul is an enemy of anyone who profits from the Sin Tax from tobacco.
That's literally every politician who is tainted by greed. (I'd put that at around 75% of all politicians)

You know someone who wants to keep the money flowing is scared when they single out the only non-big tobacco convenience store ecig that works for smokers. - 5150

KingPin!

In my defence, I was left unsupervised ^^
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Challenge Team
Reviewer
What was the name of the anti tobacco group 5150 I can’t open the link mate?

Nor I, and I think the BT thread links them somehow.

They created some of the early heat not burn tech Poppa, Ploom was their name originally and Japan Tobacco International (JTI) came in and took a stake in the company as they formed a partnership .

Later on JTI bought the intellectual property rights, trademarks and patents to sell thier model 2 and also name but allowed Ploom to continue on with their other products (seems awfully nice of them to me)

With that money Ploom renamed to Pax labs and bought out JTI’s stake in thier company.

Later after Pax created the closed salt pod system they wanted to separate out heat not burn tech and vape so Juul labs was formed as a sister company and today you’ll see:

Juul pods from Juul labs and;
Ploom (except the model 2) from Pax labs
Ploom Model2 from JTI

5150sick

Under Ground Hustler
Staff member
VU Administrator
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Press Corps
Member For 5 Years
Mod Team Leader
Juul has taken 50% of the convenience store "cigilike" market.

Somewhere they must be selling them in convenience stores, a lot of somewheres if they have 50% of the total united states convenience store market.

upload_2018-7-28_3-48-31.png

Rossum

Gold Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Every Convenience store that has a gas station in Florida has Juul kit's and pods.
I beg to differ. Or if they do, they're keeping the out of sight, while still having products like Vuse visible next to traditional tobacco products.

Taking a quick look at Juul's store locator explains what I'm (not) seeing. Down here in FL, my go-to stations are Racetrac. They're not shown on Juul's site.

5150sick

Under Ground Hustler
Staff member
VU Administrator
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Press Corps
Member For 5 Years
Mod Team Leader
I beg to differ. Or if they do, they're keeping the out of sight, while still having products like Vuse visible next to traditional tobacco products.

Taking a quick look at Juul's store locator explains what I'm (not) seeing. Down here in FL, my go-to stations are Racetrac. They're not shown on Juul's site.

LOL, Racetrac is the one that I haven't been to in about a year since it's the furtherest away.:facepalm:

Back then Juul was having the wonderful trouble of not being able to build the product as fast as it was selling.
I remember last year there was a big pod shortage as well.
So I figured that it may had just been a shortage thing last time I was in Racetrac

I've been been by the Racetrac one time recently but didn't go in because I just paid at the pump.

The Cumberland Farms and Circle K in my area have them for sure.

Last edited:

JuicyLucy

My name is Lucy and I am a squonkaholic
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
"Vaping among teens is my and most public health professionals' biggest worry," Rule told Business Insider in March.

Wow, school shootings, drugs, teen pregnancy, aids, upticks in suicide and their biggest worry is vaping? No wonder millennials have warped priorities with adults like this in charge of policy :gaah:

VU Sponsors