Become a Patron!

The Iwu by Eleaf

karacal

Member For 4 Years
Good Morning fellow Vapers,
Today I am reviewing the latest Pod system from Eleaf, the Iwu.
This sample was sent to me from the good folks at Eleaf specifically for this review. Eleaf now has their online store where you are able to purchase directly from them at eleafworld.com/online and eleafworld.com/us.
2018-09-02-png.764161

I have to really take my hat off to Eleaf for this latest Pod design that they have come out with, or as we have come to call it, the "USB Pod". I received the Silver Black but as you will see that no matter what color you were to order the battery and metal sleeve can all interchange to the Users personal taste.

In the Box:(I received, yours may differ)
1 x Iwu 700mah Battery
1 x Iwu Metal Outer Sleeve
2 x Iwu Cartridges(1.3ohm)
1 x QC USB Cable
1 x User Manual
2018-09-02-2-png.764163

The current colors available for purchase are Silver Black, Black Red, Dazzling Yellow, Gold Green, Blue, and Yellow Red.
The Iwu contains 3 parts: The Battery, which is a internal, has a fairly large 700mah which totals up 3/4 length of the device. The Sleeve, which is made of Metal, and the Pod itself which can contain 2mls of liquid and holds a 1.3ohm coil.
2018-09-02-4-png.764167

Here are the parameters:
2018-09-02-3-png.764165

Size: 30mm*14mm*98mm
Output wattage: 15W max
Coil resistance: 1.3Ω
E-juice capacity: 2ml
Battery capacity: 700mAh
Weight: 58.48g

To give you a comparison, here is the Iwu next to the Suorin Vagon:
20180902_013101-jpg.764169

Their is a new design to the Pod systems that I have found unique to the Iwu is that it has a retractable sleeve that allows the mouth piece on the Pod itself to be hidden so it doesn't protrude out when you are not using it, just like a USB thumb-drive. This is accomplished by the use of 2 spring-loaded ball bearings located on each side of the Battery and 2 holes on each side of the outter Metal sleeve. They each make a stiff connection to the sleeve which would not allow for it to accidentally retract open without a good use of force, but at the same time its not tough to the point where you would sprain a thumb.
20180902_013615-collage-jpg.764171

The Cartridge itself, instead of having a bottom fill as in most Pod systems, the Iwu has gone with a side fill port. The rubber plug is tightly seated. It actually takes a bit of force to get the plug out and back in after filling which prevents the Pod from leaks, which in the past month I did not experience any.
The Iwu does not have any buttons to push and is activated by the Users inhale. The Iwu can be recharged by using the USB cable included in the packaging. It was nice to see 2 Cartridges inside the box. Several that I have come across only come with one.
The device has a good quality feel to it, even the Battery itself has a heft to it which doesn't feel cheap.
Charging the Iwu:
2018-09-02-8-png.764173

When charging the Iwu you have an LED directly above the USB port that will let the User know how much battery is remaining and if charging is complete.
Green: 100% to 60%
Amber: 59% to 30%
Blue: 29% to 10%
Red: 9% left

The performance from the Iwu is a tight draw which really shows some great flavor and and just enough vapor to notice that you are using a vaporizer. I used a mix of 20mg-30mg Nic Salt when using the Iwu and if you have never used a high concentrated liquid and are used to a 3mg-6mg liquid, you will notice that the 700mah battery does last longer than one would think. Using 10-20x the amount of nicotine in a a Pod system such as the Iwu, you will take in less since you will be using it less, in turn lasting battery life. After a full month of use I am currently still using the 1st Cartridge, the flavor and vapor are still there, not diminished.
The Iwu does come with protections for those who may be wondering.
2018-09-02-7-png.764177

The resistance range is from 0.5 to 3.0 ohms.
Atomizer Protection that allows the User up to a 10 second draw from the device.(the device's LED light will blink 3 times to let you know you have exceeded 10 seconds)
Short Circuit Protection which will not allow the device to operate(the device's LED will blink 5 times at the beginning of the inhale, and 3 times if there is a Short in the device during normal vaping).
There is also a Low Voltage Protection that will flash the LED 20 times if the battery drops below 3.3 volts. At that point recharge the Battery.

In the race to make a good Pod system Eleaf has taken a big step with it's design and materials. Pulling the Metal Sleeve apart from the Battery, I really couldn't tell which part was heavier. The Battery casing being made out a hard plastic material and the Metal Sleeve.
If you are looking for a new Pod system to take to work, especially with Winter coming soon for most of us, and you don't want to spend much time outside the building taking a big lung hit from your normal device/setup, that's relatively small and compact, has a nice tight draw, good flavor, without being SubOhm, that saves on normal liquid consumption and battery life, then may I suggest taking a look at the Iwu.
If you are looking for a bit more battery, replaceable coils instead of Cartridges, an airy draw, and larger milliliter capacity then I would suggest shopping around. There has been a huge surge in Pod systems, finding the right one is always a personal choice, YMMV.

If you have any queries you can reach Eleaf at:
EMAIL:[email protected]

TELEPHONE:86-755-33193193

I thank you for taking the time to read this review of the Iwu by Eleaf, and as always,

Vape Safe and then Vape Happy,
Karacal

VU Sponsors