The Last of Us HBO Series Won't Premiere Until At Least 2023

Status
Not open for further replies.

VUBot

Staff member
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Vape Media
The Last of Us fans will have to wait a bit longer for the upcoming TV series. During an interview with Deadline, HBO Chief Content Officer Casey Bloys said that the upcoming TV adaptation of The Last of Us won't appear until at least 2023.

“It’s not going to air in 2022,” he revealed. “They are still shooting in Canada. I imagine you will see it in ’23.”

While the series won’t be coming for another year, it already looks promising.

“I have seen some early episodes and I’m very excited,” Bloys said. “Craig did Chernobyl for us, he is a fantastic writer and director. What I’ve seen looks amazing, so I’m excited for it, but it will not be in ’22.”

Bloys also dismissed assertion that it could be the next Game of Thrones.

“There is no next Game of Thrones,” he cautioned. “I’ve been here long enough that I’ve been through, what’s the next Sopranos, what’s next Game of Thrones, now what’s next Succession. There is no next Game of Thrones.”

Either way, it looks as though the upcoming TV show is going to be quite the sensation – especially among those who enjoyed the game. It will star Pedro Pascal as Joel and Bella Ramsey as Ellie, with Pascal saying that the TV show will “more than live up to” the game.

While you wait, check out the The Last of Us' full cast, as well as why the movie ultimately fell apart.

Ryan Leston is an entertainment journalist and film critic for IGN. You can follow him on Twitter.

Continue reading...

Status
Not open for further replies.

VU Sponsors