The Last of Us TV Series May Air Against The Walking Dead’s Final Season

Status
Not open for further replies.

VUBot

Staff member
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Vape Media
The Last of Us TV show, which recently received a series order from HBO, may end up airing in 2022, right against The Walking Dead’s final season. And while this would mean two zombie shows at the same time, The Walking Dead’s chief content officer isn’t worried. Talking to Insider about the prospect, The Walking Dead’s chief content officer Scott Gimple said “I think there's room for all of us, with zombies and the different ways of telling zombie tales. I'm going to be watching both. I hope a lot of people will be watching." [ignvideo url="https://www.ign.com/videos/2020/11/20/hbo-orders-the-last-of-us-to-series"] Gimple noted that the idea hadn’t occurred to The Walking Dead team. "We didn't think about potentially splitting the walker vote," he said. Currently, The Last of Us doesn’t have a season premiere date, so it’s unclear if this situation will definitely occur, however two years is a typical turnaround for many TV shows. [widget path="global/article/imagegallery" parameters="albumSlug=the-walking-dead-a-certain-doom-gallery&captions=true"] The Walking Dead will conclude with its 11th season, which was due to start in October but was postponed due to the COVID-19 pandemic. This final season will comprise 24 episodes spread over two years, taking the show into 2022. If The Last of Us somehow doesn’t turn into a hit, there will be more zombie action to come; a spin-off from TWD featuring Daryl and Carol is set to start in 2023. [poilib element="accentDivider"] Matt Purslow is IGN's UK News and Entertainment Writer.

Continue reading...

Status
Not open for further replies.

VU Sponsors