Become a Patron!

The Last of Us TV Show's Pedro Pascal Says Adaptation Can "More Than Live Up To" Original Game

Status
Not open for further replies.

VUBot

Staff member
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Vape Media
The Last of TV Show can do Naughty Dog's original game justice according to Pedro Pascal, the actor playing Joel in the upcoming HBO series.

In an interview with German magazine Neelix, as spotted by Dualshockers, Pascal was asked if he feels a lot of pressure given how beloved the original Last of Us game is.

He replied: "I think the cinematic adaptation can more than live up to the original game. I have absolutely no doubts that we won’t disappoint fans of the game or new viewers alike [IGN's own translation]."

The (extremely expensive) show will cover the entirety of the first game in Season 1, but may take detours along the way. A previous movie version of the project fell apart, as it was too action focused, and The Last of Us co-creator Neil Druckmann explained that the show would be shot more like an indie film, dispensing with some of the more superfluous action sequences needed for pacing when playing, and seemingly focusing more on the human drama.

Druckmann also seems to have faith in the series as he shared his excitement upon seeing a first look on Twitter: "When I first saw them on set in full costume, I was like: 'Hooooooly s**t! It's Joel & Ellie!'" Druckmann himself will seemingly be directing at least some episodes of the show.

The show's 10-episode first season is expected to be in production until at least the summer of 2022, and HBO have so far released just one image of characters on set. It shows Pascal as Joel alongside Bella Ramsey as Ellie, standing facing away from the camera as they look across a barren landscape.

The majority of the series' cast has already been revealed by HBO, which also includes Parks and Recreation's Nick Offerman as Bill, Anna Torv as Tess, and Merle Dandridge as Marlene.

Ryan Dinsdale is an IGN freelancer who occasionally remembers to tweet @thelastdinsdale.

Continue reading...

Status
Not open for further replies.

VU Sponsors