Become a Patron!

The Maker of Vuse E-Cigs Is Lobbying to Ban Vaping (Updated)

smacksy

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
This was on the local news this morning. Found the article online but couldn't post the link..(Google Drive)
But I thought it was worthy of posting the title anyway...It basically stated that greedy RJ Reynolds wants the FDA to ban our juice, tanks, and the mods we vape them with to sell more of his "safer" Vuse e-cig lookalikes....Rip Trippers says at the end of his videos " smoking is dead, vaping is the future, and the future is now"
I really dont like Rip much but there is some truth in his statement, and it's got big tobacco worried...

sent from my XT1080 via Tapatalk

Last edited:

Robert B

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Here's an article about it from a year ago (Winston-Salem Journal). A lot of people don't believe big tobacco is jockeying for position to control the vape industry, but they are in denial. RJ Reynolds, Altria, & Lorillard's own statements prove that is exactly what they are trying to do.

The lengthy report from Reynolds was submitted during the FDA public comment period, which ended August 8. The other tobacco companies weighed in too, but not as strictly as Reynolds, which will ultimately have the biggest stake in e-cigs and the most incentive to nip the vaping craze in the bud.

Tobacco companies may have thought they were being clever by embracing the digital smokes that threatened to steal away a chunk of their nicotine-addicted customer base. But instead, the trend got away from them. Sales of the e-cigs you can pick up at a bodega counter have tanked as people gravitate toward the customizable mods and uniquely flavored e-juice sold by upstart merchants at vape shops. That's exactly what big tobacco's hoping its deep pockets and political influence can stop. [Winston-Salem Journal - Motley Fool]

VU Sponsors