The Mandalorian Season 4 Is Already in the Works

Status
Not open for further replies.

VUBot

Staff member
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Vape Media
The Mandalorian creator Jon Favreau has confirmed that Season 4 of the Star Wars series is already in development, even though the third season won't arrive until 2023.

Speaking to CinemaBlend at Star Wars Celebration, Favreau indicated that he has started writing the scripts for the fourth season of The Mandalorian. The producer was sharing his love for the television format and the growing number of shows that will be coming from the galaxy far, far away when he touched on how those projects are affecting his writing process.

"With television, we're very lucky that we don't have to rush things through into an hour-and-a-half, two hours. We get to tell stories slowly," Favreau said, highlighting the benefits of episodic TV. "So now, as Dave [Filoni]'s doing Ahsoka, it's very much informing the writing that I'm doing for [The Mandalorian] Season 4. It becomes – how should I put it – more precise."

The third season of the popular Star Wars series is slated to be released in February 2023, and it is expected to continue the story of Din Djarin and Grogu following their reunion in The Book of Boba Fett. Favreau explained how the connection between these two series' creates a "very fertile ground for imagination," with many more considerations to factor in.

"When I was writing the first season of Mandalorian, I could do anything, set it anywhere," he admitted. "Now we have to figure out why there are certain Mandalorians who wear helmets, certain ones who don't wear helmets, what's happening on Mandalore, what's Bo-Katan doing at the time? How does she feel about that? Where is the Darksaber?"

Disney unveiled the first footage from The Mandalorian Season 3 at Star Wars Celebration, providing fans with a sizzle reel of sorts that reintroduced a handful of characters we've already met like Emily Swallow's Armorer, Carl Weathers' Greef Karga, Paul Sun-Hyung Lee's Captain Carson Teva, Amy Sedaris' Pelli Moto, and Katee Sackhoff's Bo-Katan Kryze.

There was also lots of other news at Star Wars Celebration about future and forthcoming shows, including the announcement of Star Wars: Skeleton Crew next year and Andor in August, together with a first look at the live-action Disney+ Ahsoka series. IGN also has a list of every upcoming Star Wars movie and show if you're still craving more information.

Adele Ankers-Range is a freelance writer for IGN. Follow her on Twitter.

Continue reading...

Status
Not open for further replies.

VU Sponsors