Become a Patron!

The Mechanics of Sqonking

Ketty

Member For 1 Year
Please could someone explain to me how this works! i get there is juice in a bottle in the mod but how does it get to the coil.

PoppaVic

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Nice link. I do want to add: weirdest variant I've seen reviewed is The Spruzza - it doesn't suck excess juice back! ;-P

Strangely, folks that reviewed it - that I've seen - sort of mention the "no-return", yet seem quite satisfied with it.

Ketty

Member For 1 Year
Nice link. I do want to add: weirdest variant I've seen reviewed is The Spruzza - it doesn't suck excess juice back! ;-P

Strangely, folks that reviewed it - that I've seen - sort of mention the "no-return", yet seem quite satisfied with it.

So are you saying if you prime this one too much, instead of overflowing and draining back it will just flood out. I want to get my hands on a squonker now it seems like a really good idea the whole bottom fill thing! I need to have a play.

PoppaVic

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Yeak. The Spruzza is a weird one, but apparently the experienced UK squonkers that sorta' decried the "no suction" are also really happily using them. Now, I am absolutely sure that there is A Way to stick in a regular silicone bottle, too - just not seen anyone do such.

Ketty, I bought a Hugo mechanical kit a month ago - no prior experience. I hate mechs and had forgotten that (the NC is an exception) - now, a month later, I ordered, received, modded and enjoy a Gbox 200 w/ soft-silicone bottle (removed Proprietary hw), a faceplate I modded for neomags (removed TORX screws), and squonk allllllll the time.

PoppaVic

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I personally am thinking that Squonking might well be a "better path" for your "all day vape". Reason being: there are no pockets or tanks to flood, RDA's are really abounding with BF pins - and the reviewers tend to cover these RDA really quickly.

I think I've wasted more on "tanks that don't satisfy" over the last 3 or 4 years than the whole squonk kit(s) and a couple variant RDA. "Fighting the damned wicking" with tanks can get really, seriously OLDE (love that spelling ;-) - very fast.
  • Poking a silly-assed silicone bottle inside the case is absolutely trivial.
  • Refilling the bottle with a 510 threaded Refill Bottle is about 20x easier than dicking with topfill/bottomfill variations.
So far, I've not seen or met a "compact" squonker that pundits and reviews will get overly excited about, but look: the Hugo is nearly the SIZE of the Gbox 200: both are fist-filling and easily drop into a pocket. Difference is: throwing either at someone? The gbox will knock them the hell out, (2 cells mass more than 1, duh). I've also not seen anything similar in 18650/2x700 form-factor.

I did see some mod reviewed that had a 2-cell sled - for 2x700, that included a subsled for 18650 - and THAT to me seems a really 'Good Idea™'- but it does mean "back pops off", rather than a door.

VU Sponsors