The Office: Never-Before-Seen Cold Open Revealed

Status
Not open for further replies.

VUBot

Staff member
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Vape Media
Peacock TV has kicked off the new year with its latest season of The Office: Superfan Episodes, and as part of the celebrations, the platform has shared a brand new never-before-seen cold open from the show.

Season 4 of The Office: Superfan Episodes is now available on Peacock. To spread the news, the streaming platform took to Twitter with a previously unseen cold open for the show from the episode "Job Fair" that sees Dunder-Mifflin regional manager Michael Scott dealing with some unexpected toilet trouble.

Who says New Year's isn't a gift-giving holiday? @TheOfficeTV Season 4 Superfan episodes are available at midnight - including a cold open you've never seen before. pic.twitter.com/BbcEeP2rs4

— Peacock (@peacockTV) January 1, 2022

As can be seen in the clip above, the previously unseen sequence reveals that Scott managed to drop not only his phone into the toilet, but also his Bluetooth earpiece, wallet, tip calculator, and a range of other items too. While the other Dunder-Mifflin employees get a kick out of their misfortunate boss, Scott decides to take matters into his own hands by creating the world's first (don't quote me on that) mesh toilet guard.

The device, which takes the form of a tennis racket with a dish brush attached to it, looks about as suspect as it sounds. Unfortunately... or perhaps fortunately... the show's fanbase will never know whether or not the mesh toilet guard worked as intended, as the open ends before revealing it one way or the other.

As per Peacock, the latest season of The Office: Superfan Episodes features a range of other deleted scenes, bloopers, featurettes, and interviews. In addition to the cold open from "Job Fair", the season also includes new moments from other Season 4 episodes such as "Dinner Party", "Fun Run Parts 1 & 2", and "Goodbye, Toby Parts 1 & 2".

In other news from the show, Jim Halpert actor John Krasinski recently revealed that he once refused to shoot a scene of The Office. During an entry for a new book about the show called Welcome to Dunder Mifflin: The Ultimate Oral History of The Office, the actor said that he'd refused the scene as it depicted his character Jim cheating on his wife Pam (Jenna Fisher) during the show's eighth season.

“That’s the only time I remember putting my foot down..." says Krasinski in the book. "I remember saying things that I never thought I’d say before, like, ‘I’m not going to shoot it," he explained before stating that he took the issue to executive producer and director Greg Daniels.

Seasons 1-4 of The Office: Superfan Episodes can be streamed now from Peacock. Meanwhile, for more from the show, make sure to check out this article detailing how James Gandolfini was paid $3 million to not become the new boss in the show.

Jared Moore is a freelance writer for IGN. You can follow him on Twitter.

Continue reading...

Status
Not open for further replies.

VU Sponsors