Become a Patron!

The official Recipe Collaboration Thread

88ArDeN88

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I know we have another DIY challenge coming up next month, but we've got some really great mixers here and I think we could have some fun all working together to come up with some mixes. My idea is that anyone who wants to participate just pop in and say so, then once we have a handful of people involved, I will throw it in a random generator and the first person up gets to decide the recipe they want some help on. Then we will all work together to come up with something incredible. The second person up will go next and so on. Anyone who pops in after the list is generated will get added to the bottom of the list in order of appearance.

This doesn't have to be a strict thing, more of just a fun place to possibly create some of the best recipes we have ever dreamed up and get some creative juices flowing.

Let's see what we can do

wildgypsy70

“Widgy Pidgy”
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
Woot! Great idea! I’m in!!!

88ArDeN88

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I get too busy and/or tired, but I’ll def put my two cents in when I can.
It isn't the lack of things I need to do that get me bored, it's just my personality. When I am indecisive I'll sit down to mix and do it for 20 minutes, go pick up my guitar, play for 30, go read a book for 15, turn on the tv, go back to mixing, etc.

Smoky Blue

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Unlisted Vendor
Member For 5 Years
It isn't the lack of things I need to do that get me bored, it's just my personality. When I am indecisive I'll sit down to mix and do it for 20 minutes, go pick up my guitar, play for 30, go read a book for 15, turn on the tv, go back to mixing, etc.

I'd be in.. and out and.. :p
I don't need much help creating a recipe, or maybe just people that use my flavors I love to use.. might be a better wording.. who knows?
Not many mix with Flavorah.. but eh..

and yeah I like to play my 3 string and my chugger.. my diddley bow.. they all keep me pretty happy ;)

88ArDeN88

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
No pun intended.....
The pun was intended. Haha. I made a caramel cinnamon pudding yesterday. Tomorrow night I’m gonna do some mixing when I get back to my place. I’d love to get a good gummy bear recipe down. I’ve been using some forest fruit and candy jammy wiz but it’s just not right.

88ArDeN88

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Candy wizard is great for sweetness down low or boiled type sweets a bit higher but never achieved jammy or gummy with it
Yah it isn't really gummy. I'm gonna go with 27 bears this weekend. I've had it for a couple weeks but haven't been able to try it yet. Too many flavors to test out.

ilikeitfruity

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Fa pazzo king was quite gummy, blackcurrant chewy sweets with sugar coating (fruit pastilles in the uk) I liked it a lot single but haven't seen or tried any mixes, no new flavours for me,just gotta play with what I have for a couple months .

88ArDeN88

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Fa pazzo king was quite gummy, blackcurrant chewy sweets with sugar coating (fruit pastilles in the uk) I liked it a lot single but haven't seen or tried any mixes, no new flavours for me,just gotta play with what I have for a couple months .
I wish I had your level of restraint. I shouldn't buy flavors, I just can't stop myself.

88ArDeN88

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Alright, I've got the first idea for a collab for anyone who wants to get down. Raspberry Macaroon (i could do pistachio or lemon or strawberry or chocolate too). Really a macaroon stone would be best. Something that gives off that chewy exterior deliciousness.
upload_2019-4-23_16-47-58.png

this kind that has a slightly chewy cookie with some butter creamy frosting in the middle. I've got FLV Macaroon somewhere but haven't really messed with it too much. Gonna retest it and come up with a starting point.

I think my starting point will be this

FLV Macaroon - 1% - do I need to explain?
RF Sugar cookie - 2% - this is a fantastic chewy sugar cookie
WF glazed donut - .5% - i think this will give me that chewieness i'm looking for

wildgypsy70

“Widgy Pidgy”
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
ID10-T did a honeysuckle mango macaron. His macaron base was...

FA Almond 2%
Cap Sugar Cookie 2%
FA Meringue 2%

I haven’t played with FLV Macaron either. Maybe bows a good time.....

88ArDeN88

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I feel like FA almond has a place. I think the RF sugar cookie will be a better fit honestly. Caps is more dry and crunchy. RF is chewy and soft.

wildgypsy70

“Widgy Pidgy”
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
Meringue does, as well. At 2%, it gives you the chewy, egg white thing that macarons have. I still have to test FLV Macaron, but smell says it’s not gonna work. I smell a touch of alcohol? And egginess. No almond. It could work as a backing flavor, maybe, but not as the main note.

88ArDeN88

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Meringue does, as well. At 2%, it gives you the chewy, egg white thing that macarons have. I still have to test FLV Macaron, but smell says it’s not gonna work. I smell a touch of alcohol? And egginess. No almond. It could work as a backing flavor, maybe, but not as the main note.
I found when I got it that it didn't taste like it smelled at all, but it has been quite a while since I have tasted it. It was one of the first concentrates I bought because I really wanted to make a macaroon, but I was too new and didn't bother. Now I am ready.

wildgypsy70

“Widgy Pidgy”
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
Ok. Now I know why I’m hesitant about this flavor. I just looked it up on ELR. The picture you have above is a macaron. It’s made with egg whites and almond flour. It’s also the picture that FLV uses to promote the flavor. Macaroon is a cookie with coconut and egg whites as a binder. The FLV flavor is a macaroon, not a macaron. So.....test it anyway and see. I’m going to, but about 10 people on ELR say they get a coconut/light bakery flavor from it....which is a macaroon.

88ArDeN88

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Ok. Now I know why I’m hesitant about this flavor. I just looked it up on ELR. The picture you have above is a macaron. It’s made with egg whites and almond flour. It’s also the picture that FLV uses to promote the flavor. Macaroon is a cookie with coconut and egg whites as a binder. The FLV flavor is a macaroon, not a macaron. So.....test it anyway and see. I’m going to, but about 10 people on ELR say they get a coconut/light bakery flavor from it....which is a macaroon.
Ay yes. That is the case. I do love me some coconut macaroons too. Most of the time I see them they are called the same thing. For example they make them at Whole Foods and they are called macaroons but are the cookie i sent above. I think the names end up getting used interchangeably in most instances.

wildgypsy70

“Widgy Pidgy”
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
Ay yes. That is the case. I do love me some coconut macaroons too. Most of the time I see them they are called the same thing. For example they make them at Whole Foods and they are called macaroons but are the cookie i sent above. I think the names end up getting used interchangeably in most instances.
Lol! Being a baker, it grinds my gears a bit. Haha Ha! But, I think you’re right. People do use the terms interchangeably. So back to the drawing board. I’ll mix up the macaron above with the RF sub and see if that works.

Anything in mind for the filling? WF and VT make buttercream frosting. WF is less on the vanilla. And there’s Cap Butter cream. Personally, I’d go with the WF so it can be tweaked easier.

88ArDeN88

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Lol! Being a baker, it grinds my gears a bit. Haha Ha! But, I think you’re right. People do use the terms interchangeably. So back to the drawing board. I’ll mix up the macaron above with the RF sub and see if that works.

Anything in mind for the filling? WF and VT make buttercream frosting. WF is less on the vanilla. And there’s Cap Butter cream. Personally, I’d go with the WF so it can be tweaked easier.
I was thinking WF Buttercream frosting. Also thinking of trying the new cream filling and seeing how that is. The frosting in the middle is very much buttercreamy. I think the WF does a good job of capturing that. I am thinking FA Raspberry the INW is very strong. I haven't tested the FA yet though since I just got it in a little while ago and am really backed up on testing.

wildgypsy70

“Widgy Pidgy”
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
I was thinking WF Buttercream frosting. Also thinking of trying the new cream filling and seeing how that is. The frosting in the middle is very much buttercreamy. I think the WF does a good job of capturing that. I am thinking FA Raspberry the INW is very strong. I haven't tested the FA yet though since I just got it in a little while ago and am really backed up on testing.
Lol! Join the club!

88ArDeN88

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Lol! Join the club!
I am in the club and quickly working my way up to president. I think I have about 30 or so NEW flavors that need to be tested maybe more. That doesn't include the one's I have had for over 1 month that I haven't gotten around to testing or using yet.

Smoky Blue

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Unlisted Vendor
Member For 5 Years
Alright, I've got the first idea for a collab for anyone who wants to get down. Raspberry Macaroon (i could do pistachio or lemon or strawberry or chocolate too). Really a macaroon stone would be best. Something that gives off that chewy exterior deliciousness.
View attachment 136761

this kind that has a slightly chewy cookie with some butter creamy frosting in the middle. I've got FLV Macaroon somewhere but haven't really messed with it too much. Gonna retest it and come up with a starting point.

I think my starting point will be this

FLV Macaroon - 1% - do I need to explain?
RF Sugar cookie - 2% - this is a fantastic chewy sugar cookie
WF glazed donut - .5% - i think this will give me that chewieness i'm looking for

Macarons.... have you solo'd macaroon yet? Might need to do it.. my happy spot is between .6 and .8% but you might like it at 1-1.2% who knows?
I would also go with Sugar Orchid FLV as it is thicker than frosting (but I would include frosting as well as cream), for the inside of a macaron.. I also like some graham cracker for the edges and 2 drops per 10ml of acetyl prazine with my macaroons..

However, this is your recipe.. wing it :) Who knows.. maybe you will find you like it with what you have on hand.

**Sugar Orchid** kept low, its a fantastic sub for meringue, 1-3 drops per 30ml; at 6 drops, the paste barely starts to form; at 9 drops, pasty nutty fluff... fantastic flavor to play with.

88ArDeN88

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Macarons.... have you solo'd macaroon yet? Might need to do it.. my happy spot is between .6 and .8% but you might like it at 1-1.2% who knows?
I would also go with Sugar Orchid FLV as it is thicker than frosting (but I would include frosting as well as cream), for the inside of a macaron.. I also like some graham cracker for the edges and 2 drops per 10ml of acetyl prazine with my macaroons..

However, this is your recipe.. wing it :) Who knows.. maybe you will find you like it with what you have on hand.

**Sugar Orchid** kept low, its a fantastic sub for meringue, 1-3 drops per 30ml; at 6 drops, the paste barely starts to form; at 9 drops, pasty nutty fluff... fantastic flavor to play with.
I did solo Macaroon when I first started mixing like 5 months ago, but I don't remember what it tastes like and I didn't take notes when I first started. I don't have Sugar Orchid and I wasn't the winner of the Giveaway yesterday so I won't be getting it anytime soon lol. I think I will try a combination of FLV Frosting and the new WF Cream filling with some marshmallow to thicken it up a bit. Add a bit of FA Almond for some crunch and call it a day. Maybe a slight hint of FA Raspberry. Thanks for the ideas.

KGuardian

Silver Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Alright, I've got the first idea for a collab for anyone who wants to get down. Raspberry Macaroon

Have you ever tried Rhodonite by Wayne Walker? It's a raspberry apple macaroon. I haven't mixed it in a while, but back when I did, it was good. I was using different hardware back then so I can't say how it would be with the hardware I use today. I normally only vape out of my Bonza RDA's now at 30-40 watts. Back then I was using various tanks with stock coils and RTA's at lower wattage's. Anyway, reading through the posts here reminded me about it. I had run out of a couple flavors needed and never re-ordered them. It uses 10 flavors.

88ArDeN88

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Have you ever tried Rhodonite by Wayne Walker? It's a raspberry apple macaroon. I haven't mixed it in a while, but back when I did, it was good. I was using different hardware back then so I can't say how it would be with the hardware I use today. I normally only vape out of my Bonza RDA's now at 30-40 watts. Back then I was using various tanks with stock coils and RTA's at lower wattage's. Anyway, reading through the posts here reminded me about it. I had run out of a couple flavors needed and never re-ordered them. It uses 10 flavors.
I have not, but I have mixed up a few of his recipes and honestly didn't like any of them all that much. I did take a couple of his techniques and apply them to what I like, like what he does with the CAP double apple in Watermalone, or his TFA S. Ripe and CAP S. Strawberry mix, but as far as the whole recipes go they just weren't for me. T

KGuardian

Silver Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I will check and see if I have all of the ingredients and try it out. Thanks for the suggestion!

You're welcome. I wouldn't buy any flavors you don't have or use unless you really want to try it as you may not like it and then you'd be calling me nasty names offline :D

88ArDeN88

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
You're welcome. I wouldn't buy any flavors you don't have or use unless you really want to try it as you may not like it and then you'd be calling me nasty names offline :D
I would never. haha. Getting more flavors is never a bad thing anyways. I think I will try my own first and if it doesn't work then I will get the torrone.

raineysky

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Coconut Macaroon sounds good, wink : wink

Been hearing a lot of good things about the Dinner Lady Strawberry Macaroon too.

raineysky

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Read about the difference between macaroon and macaron. TBH I don't really know what either one taste like. But it sounds like if you combine coconut (macaroon) with almond (macaron) you just might get something like a almond joy w/o the chocolate which I do like....

Just digging up bones, lol. Read through a bunch of old threads the last couple of weeks on night shift. Ya'll had it going on for a while there before Covid :)

VU Sponsors