Become a Patron!

The Problem With Vape Conventions

ChrisL

VU Donator
Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Another vape meet is coming to Az early 2016. AS USUAL, all the vendors are juice companies. Not one. I mean NONE are hardware manufacturers or distributers. I went to the largest vape convention in Az last October, and could not find a starter kit for my brother in law who came just to get some info and a beginner device. I could not find a pack of .5 coils for my Kanger subtank either. Are you kidding??!! At least the meet in Tucson had SMOK show up, and they were great bringing all their wares and giving away a bunch of stuff.

I would like to see more mods, tanks, coils, accessories, etc... available at these events. Maybe try to get the big Chinese companies to bring the new products by giving breaks on space prices or other incentives. Promoter greed or just not understanding the public interest on why we come to these events could be the problem. Instead of trying to get young people to start vaping, maybe concentrate on getting older new vapors to upgrade their set-ups by offering new DEVICES and products. Just sick and tired of juicefests geared toward twentysomethings. No, Im not going to go...

Whiskey

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
It usually is in the hands of the meet organizer to get vendors to show, recruiting table space and charging a fee to have the space, so maybe they didn't or couldn't get any to attend, but it sounds like they still have time to look into it more?

pulsevape

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Another vape meet is coming to Az early 2016. AS USUAL, all the vendors are juice companies. Not one. I mean NONE are hardware manufacturers or distributers. I went to the largest vape convention in Az last October, and could not find a starter kit for my brother in law who came just to get some info and a beginner device. I could not find a pack of .5 coils for my Kanger subtank either. Are you kidding??!! At least the meet in Tucson had SMOK show up, and they were great bringing all their wares and giving away a bunch of stuff.

I would like to see more mods, tanks, coils, accessories, etc... available at these events. Maybe try to get the big Chinese companies to bring the new products by giving breaks on space prices or other incentives. Promoter greed or just not understanding the public interest on why we come to these events could be the problem. Instead of trying to get young people to start vaping, maybe concentrate on getting older new vapors to upgrade their set-ups by offering new DEVICES and products. Just sick and tired of juicefests geared toward twentysomethings. No, Im not going to go...
Vaping has changed....back in the day when you would drop 180.00 on an atty, or 250.00 on a mod...the modders showed up and had booths....but nowdays it's all about cheap ass sub tanks....you are alot more willing to drop 35.00 to try a new tank, than you are to drop 180.00 to try a new atty...also back then the new attys weren't in B&M were you could try them....people that vape high end devices don't go to these shows they know the modders they like, the kind of devices they like and they keep their eye on what the modders are making in forums and facebook pages.

ChrisL

VU Donator
Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I guess Im used to going to outdoor/fishing conventions and the big manufactures and small mom and pop operations would all show up and you could see everything that was new or cutting edge to purchase or was at least on display. I will save my money and go to the vape meets in Long Beach, Ontario, (Cali), and Vegas, where I know I can try new devices and products side by side, and hopefully get some deals. Juice is fine, but at least mix it up with some other stuff too.

F

fckaugust8th

And for pity's sake, stop tempting married men when the wife is there! I had a stunning 20something , if that old, wearing barely more than a smile and high heels ask me if I wanted to try her juice!!:( I mean really, who wouldn't! I love my wife so I just smiled, rolled up my tongue off the floor ( didn't want to trip), popped my eyes back in their sockets, declined politely and kept on walking. I mean, I'm a man! I can resist anything.....except temptation.:confused:
I do agree tho, I would've liked to see more odds and ends for the DIY crowd.

ChrisL

VU Donator
Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
UPDATE. Ill give Vaping in the Sun some credit; they did add some hardware manufacturers including Vapor Shark and some local high end modders to the event. Still wish the Chinese would show up with the new devices for 2016. Ill wait for the May 1st Tucson event...

john1829

Unlisted Vendor
Vaping is on the rise, and it's not just a concern with tobacco. The problem is catching on and it's now morphing into a more serious substance.

Lynn Gillow's own son got caught in the trap. A trap that looks colorful, smells harmless and has led him down a long road of trouble.

"They don't believe that the vape oil is harmful," she said.

Vaping, or juuling, as it's known by kids, is on the rise.

"Kids as young as middle schoolers are trying to use the vapes. We found from information in surveys they are doing it because they want to look cool, they want to try something new, they want to fit in. They're trying these vapes and they contain different flavor juices that are attractive to them," said Lisa Berkey with the Greater West Bloomfield Community Coalition .

One gas station in West Bloomfield is selling it but say they won't until an ID is scanned. But some stores are breaking the law and selling to minors. They know cigarettes are dangerous but:

"93 percent of our 8th, 10th and 12th graders here in West Bloomfield know cigarettes are dangerous. So, they aren't making a connection that he nicotine in the vapes are just as dangerous," Berkey.

She says some can be loaded with m*rijuana and have high levels of T*C.

"They've seen a significant increase in the manufacture and distribution of the m*rijuana w*x and oil products and that obviously is correlated to the expansion of these vaping type devices," said West Bloomfield Police Chief Michael Patton.

D*B is what it's known as. It's not used in the same vaping pens or devices as the Nicotine ones. All of them are easy to conceal.

Kids bringing in what looks like flash drives are taking hits instead. A mother's advice? Check backpacks, pockets, cars, and between the mattresses.

The Cromwell

I am a BOT
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Obvious troll. First and last post I would think.
At least under that ID.

Whiskey

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
RJX5ZAB.jpg

VU Sponsors