The Quantum Leap Reboot Is Happening

Status
Not open for further replies.

VUBot

Staff member
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Vape Media
It looks as though Quantum Leap will be leaping back onto our screens in a new reboot.

According to The Hollywood Reporter, the upcoming reboot of the classic sci-fi series Quantum Leap has been greenlit for a pilot episode by NBC.

“It’s been 30 years since Dr. Sam Beckett (Scott Bakula) stepped into the Quantum Leap accelerator and vanished,” says the official synopsis. “Now a new team has been assembled to restart the project in the hopes of understanding the mysteries behind the machine and the man who created it.”

The description indicates that a whole new team will be firing up the Quantum Leap project, but Scott Bakula could also return.

There’s been no official announcement regarding Bakula’s involvement, but the 67-year-old actor has previously revealed that talks were underway.

“There are very significant conversations about it right now going on,” said Bakula. “I don't know what it would be. I don't know who would have it. The rights were a mess for years. I don't know if they're even sorted out now. That's always been the biggest complication.”

Quantum leap starred Scott Bakula as Dr. Sam Beckett, a physicist who created a time machine that allowed the user to travel through time within their own lifetime. After finding himself adrift in the Quantum Leap machine with no way home, Dr. Beckett resolves to put things right what once went wrong… hoping that his next leap would be the leap home.

The series also starred Dean Stockwell as Al, a US Navy rear admiral and friend (and assistant) to Dr. Beckett, as well as Deborah Pratt voicing Ziggy, the self-aware computer system which runs Project Quantum Leap.

Quantum Leap creator Don Bellisario is on board for the reboot as executive producer alongside Deborah Pratt and Martin Gero. Steven Lilien and Bryan Wynbrandt will act as showrunners.

Only a pilot has been ordered so far, and if successful the project will be up for series consideration next year.

Ryan Leston is an entertainment journalist and film critic for IGN. You can follow him on Twitter.

Continue reading...

Status
Not open for further replies.

VU Sponsors