Become a Patron!

The question is WHICH XTAR charger?

I'm thinking of getting a new charger to replace my 2 year old Nitecore i2. It still works fine, but I think I want to upgrade a bit.

So, I think I want to go with an XTAR because I have heard good things about the quality of their chargers. And I only need a two bay. I want a digital display because digital displays are cool.

Over on IMRBatteries.com I see several chargers that fit the bill and all are around the same price: the SV2, the VC2, the VC2 plus master, the VP1 and the VP2. As far as I can tell, they seem very similar.

My only charger experience has been "put 'em in and take 'em back out when the lights stop flashing" so I don't know a lot about the details of charger options. So any advice you could give or recommendations to help me choose would be greatly appreciated.

Shenzhen XTAR

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Unlisted Vendor
Hi, sorry that I found the thread a bit late...The VC2 is designed user-friendly with a screen showing charging status, from which you can figure out the voltage and mAhs that have been charged into your batteries; the VC2 plus added a function of choosing charging currents(0.5A/1A, the bigger the charging current the faster it charges, but a slower charging speed ensures a longer battery lifespan) and a countdown function to show time remaining you need to fully charge your batteries; the MC2 is the most cost-effective choice which provides you with the simplies function of charging. You can choose according to your actual needs and what's left is to enjoy charging : )

VU Sponsors