Become a Patron!

The quiet death of vape shows in the US?

The Cromwell

I am a BOT
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I posted thoughts last year when the PMTA enforcement date was set for May 2020 that vape shows would end this year in the US.

So far they have already been killed by the corona virus containment restrictions. And due to the corona virus the PMTA enforcement date was delayed until September 9.

However in around 5 weeks the PMTA enforcement is once again scheduled to kick in. Will it be delayed again? I don't know but suspect not.

Vape shows are not my thing but I know that many enjoy them and they are a revenue stream source for many companies.

Just sad on many levels to watch vaping mostly die in the US.

Huckleberried

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
We'll keep vaping alive here, as much as possible.

I used to enjoy watching Mod Envy, Squirreling Out and @3dog, when I was able to catch them. Don't really care about the giveaways, sure free stuff is nice, but I enjoyed the shows. Makes me curious, if the shows aren't hosted in the US, could they still air?

JuicyLucy

My name is Lucy and I am a squonkaholic
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
Uh, it would be illegal to try to make talking about vaping a crime - but these days...

My guess is Crom is talking about Conventions and what have you

Always wanted to go to one, but it was never convenient

Woulda loved to have gone to the last one in Vegas

The Cromwell

I am a BOT
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Uh, it would be illegal to try to make talking about vaping a crime - but these days...

My guess is Crom is talking about Conventions and what have you

Always wanted to go to one, but it was never convenient

Woulda loved to have gone to the last one in Vegas
Yep talking about vape conventions and such. Youtube shows not so much although they will die off mostly as well. I mean what company will provide them money or free vape stuff to promote it in a country where it is illegal to be sold?

Maybe vape reviewers will go back to where they were before they started looking at as a way to make a living?

Maybe Busardo will become Super Bloke Busardo?

Last edited:

MC5

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
The vape conventions/shows became just simple trade shows a few years ago and lost my interest. I liked them in the 2012-2015 period when they were vape community events brought together by vapers more than big time vendor affairs.

With the vaping bans and restrictions in place I doubt we'll see them again in the US.

Synphul

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Sadly even without coronas and pending pmta's, what would they show off at vape expos? Here a pod, there a pod, everywhere a pod pod. Everything's been a rehash of everything else. We've got the geekvape aegis 35 x14-b coming out shortly I'm sure. While I enjoy the hell out of the swell and it's cool they're turning it into a squonk just hope this isn't vandy mirroring GV again. The jackaroo being single battery, the swell, now the pulse v2. Maybe they should move beyond that in the future. Or do like lost vape, literally release the same exact mod with a .05% aesthetic difference, misspell the name and crap it out for $170. As I recall the vape shows were already bleeding out before all this nonsense. The biggest thing to come of one of the last ones was what, some real housewives drama between ohmboy oc and pai haze?

Carambrda

Platinum Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Sadly even without coronas and pending pmta's, what would they show off at vape expos? Here a pod, there a pod, everywhere a pod pod. Everything's been a rehash of everything else. We've got the geekvape aegis 35 x14-b coming out shortly I'm sure. While I enjoy the hell out of the swell and it's cool they're turning it into a squonk just hope this isn't vandy mirroring GV again. The jackaroo being single battery, the swell, now the pulse v2. Maybe they should move beyond that in the future. Or do like lost vape, literally release the same exact mod with a .05% aesthetic difference, misspell the name and crap it out for $170. As I recall the vape shows were already bleeding out before all this nonsense. The biggest thing to come of one of the last ones was what, some real housewives drama between ohmboy oc and pai haze?
OhmBoyOC doesn't do drama. He loves to keep it real, and, I can't fault him for that.

Synphul

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
OhmBoyOC doesn't do drama. He loves to keep it real, and, I can't fault him for that.
I was referring to the whole b.s. that happened during one of the expo's where there was a beef between ohmboy and pai haze and I think nick (grimm) got in the middle of it hinting at things to jai that started a whole 'who's gonna get a beat down' bullshit. So yea, he was in the middle of drama.

Carambrda

Platinum Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
I was referring to the whole b.s. that happened during one of the expo's where there was a beef between ohmboy and pai haze and I think nick (grimm) got in the middle of it hinting at things to jai that started a whole 'who's gonna get a beat down' bullshit. So yea, he was in the middle of drama.
You need to watch Bob Ross paint happy little clouds.

Carambrda

Platinum Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Per Vaping with Vic, VOXPO sucks. Crude interface and continual spamming.
Yes and Vaping with Vic knows his shit about spamming I mean, I know it's an old and obsolete video by now, but if you just count the number of times he kept repeating himself during his review of the Sifu B-Tab by UD saying he wouldn't trust it as a build station for the fact the ohms reading on it might be too completely inaccurate (which it factually is not, because, after you subtract .01 ohm from the readout, it is precisely on par with all of the most accurate DNA mods, even with multiple units having been verified & tested okay...). ???

EDIT: Vaping with Vic, in his recent review of the Hadron mod, didn't even know that the Titan PWM mod is not a PWM mod. Which isn't to say he might not still be correct about VOXPO, but... as it stands, you might as well be flipping a coin to separate fact from fiction.

Last edited:

The Cromwell

I am a BOT
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Yes and Vaping with Vic knows his shit about spamming I mean, I know it's an old and obsolete video by now, but if you just count the number of times he kept repeating himself during his review of the Sifu B-Tab by UD saying he wouldn't trust it as a build station for the fact the ohms reading on it might be too completely inaccurate (which it factually is not, because, after you subtract .01 ohm from the readout, it is precisely on par with all of the most accurate DNA mods, even with multiple units having been verified & tested okay...). ???

EDIT: Vaping with Vic, in his recent review of the Hadron mod, didn't even know that the Titan PWM mod is not a PWM mod. Which isn't to say he might not still be correct about VOXPO, but... as it stands, you might as well be flipping a coin to separate fact from fiction.
So yout think the VOXPO was good? or just like hating Vic?
Me? I got no horse in that race. Watch none of his reviews but some of his Watts up and such.
Actually Todd is the only place I have watched SOME reviews for close to a year or so.

vape reviewers and their mistakes/stupidity... do not get me started on that.

Last edited:

The Cromwell

I am a BOT
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Vics main complaint was getting continually spammed by juice and CBD vendors when not even in a virtual juice booth... Sad spammers followed you from booth to booth.
Also said it was a crappy interface.

Me? I have no opinion on it as I did/do not go to vape shows/expos nor do I attend virtual ones.
Just relaying Vics opinions on the subject as i happened to watch his Watts up show up till the first views.
As I said previously I do not watch his reviews.

Carambrda

Platinum Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
So yout think the VOXPO was good? or just like hating Vic?
No, and no. This is about love, not hate... i.e., those who love to pitfall by blindly believing every one of Vic's fantasy tales should pitfall, as it is their right to continue to want to pitfall, and, I'll also add that I don't know anything about VOXPO, and I absolutely don't care.
Me? I got no horse in that race. Watch none of his reviews but some of his Watts up and such.
Actually Todd is the only place I have watched SOME reviews for close to a year or so.

vape reviewers and their mistakes/stupidity... do not get me started on that.
If I can't find detailed pictures of a product I am curious about, that's when I look for a video close-up, and do so by fast-forwarding through some of the videos that appear on my search results. Lucky for me the vast majority of products that interest me either are decently photographed online or are shown to me in real life before I decide to buy or not buy.

The Cromwell

I am a BOT
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
LOL I blindly follow no one, not even God.

Makes life a bit difficult sometimes though.
following my own path and not the crowds is not always easy.

Carambrda

Platinum Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
LOL I blindly follow no one, not even God.

Makes life a bit difficult sometimes though.
following my own path and not the crowds is not always easy.
Then why did you bring up Vic? His opinions very clearly are fantasy-based a lot.

The Cromwell

I am a BOT
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Then why did you bring up Vic? His opinions very clearly are fantasy-based a lot.
I kinda put up with the news portions of his show but never watch his reviews. I cut it off at that first looks part.

for instance I found out about the patreon stuff form yeaterdays Watts Up.

Been several years since I really paid any attention to vape reviewers reviews.
Well I do sit thru a few of Todds but mostly I just watch his vlogs.

Carambrda

Platinum Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
I kinda put up with the news portions of his show but never watch his reviews. I cut it off at that first looks part.

for instance I found out about the patreon stuff form yeaterdays Watts Up.

Been several years since I really paid any attention to vape reviewers reviews.
Well I do sit thru a few of Todds but mostly I just watch his vlogs.
But, seeing as his reviews are fraught with fantasy, what guarantee do you have that these so-called "news portions" usually aren't? Don't get me wrong... I like fantasies, and like them a lot. That is, as long as the person doing all the fantasizing doesn't try to trick me by suggesting they are valid arguments, presenting them as fair logic.

The Cromwell

I am a BOT
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
But, seeing as his reviews are fraught with fantasy, what guarantee do you have that these so-called "news portions" usually aren't? Don't get me wrong... I like fantasies, and like them a lot. That is, as long as the person doing all the fantasizing doesn't try to trick me by suggesting they are valid arguments, presenting them as fair logic.
Oh I take ALL 'news' stories with a large dose of skepticism. I am not a follower or a overly trusting type :)

However in fairness to Vic most of his news stories has panned out.

But no way can he compete with Todds doggie.

VU Sponsors