Become a Patron!

The real issues are not covered by the media and the health departments across countries.

Rossum

Gold Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Starts out on the wrong foot:
States in this country may be queuing up to ban e-cigarettes that are now thought to be as harmful as regular cigarettes,
Now thought by whom? How could someone dumb enough to believe that actually have gotten into a position of authority?

The rest of the article isn't bad though.

AndriaD

Yes, I DO wear a mask! I'm vaccinated, too!
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
I dislike the "and will always be a smoker." On the contrary, i've been a non-smoker for over 2 yrs now. Now I'm a vaper, definitely NOT a smoker. It's because I am the latter that I am no longer the former!

Andria

Rossum

Gold Contributor
Member For 3 Years
I dislike the "and will always be a smoker." On the contrary, i've been a non-smoker for over 2 yrs now. Now I'm a vaper, definitely NOT a smoker. It's because I am the latter that I am no longer the former!
I think the idea is that being a smoker is like being an alcoholic. You may have stopped drinking or smoking, but you'll always be one. How many times have we heard about a smoker who had quit for years, had one cig in a moment of weakness, and BAM, in a couple of days he's fully back to his old habit. Vaping is the only thing that seems to make people relatively immune to this,because it's such a good substitute.

AndriaD

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
I think the idea is that being a smoker is like being an alcoholic. You may have stopped drinking or smoking, but you'll always be one. How many times have we heard about a smoker who had quit for years, had one cig in a moment of weakness, and BAM, in a couple of days he's fully back to his old habit. Vaping is the only thing that seems to make people relatively immune to this,because it's such a good substitute.

I can see the analogy, and it may be valid, except... yes, I'll always be an alcoholic, but I am no longer a drinker. I think that simply saying "I'm an addict and I'll always be one," suffices for smoking as much as it does for anything else. As long as I can vape, I'm not a smoker, and will resist resuming smoking a lot harder than I did when I had my earlier relapse, because I know now that it's harder, coming back to smoke-free, than simply staying that way. I know the same about drinking, which is one reason I continue to abstain from it; I'm not sure I could get sober again, it was very hard almost 24 yrs ago, and now that I know just how hard it is... it's easier to just not go there.

Andria

gingerbread

Silver Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
I know that if vaping products were banned l couldn't and wouldn't go back to smoking. I never liked the smell for starters and cannot stand it now. Just walking past someone who as had one just makes me feel so sick and to think l once smelled like that too. Thus l am a non smoker now and will remain so.

Reading all this information on a daily basis as put me right off tobacco companies and they will not be getting any more of my money or health! :D

5150sick

Under Ground Hustler
Staff member
VU Administrator
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Press Corps
Member For 5 Years
Mod Team Leader
Reading all this information on a daily basis as put me right off tobacco companies and they will not be getting any more of my money or health! :D

:bunny:Mission Accomplished!!!:bunny:

VapeVillian

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Starts out on the wrong foot:

Now thought by whom? How could someone dumb enough to believe that actually have gotten into a position of authority?

The rest of the article isn't bad though.
Ummmm the FDA, Governor, State Congress and Senate of PA, IN, KY, and WI. Those are the people I know of that are in authority that believe this way. Gov. Wolf of PA has stated that smoking pot is better than vaping.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

Rabbit Slayer

Silver Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
ECF Refugee
So vaping nicotine daily is like being an alcoholic still on the wagon????

Real Extract in Seattle

VU Vendor
VU Vendor
Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
On the contrary: 'I was a smoker, and will always be a smoker'

The real issues are not covered by the media and the health departments across countries.

http://www.deccanchronicle.com/life...was-a-smoker-and-will-always-be-a-smoker.html

Check this article out by MIT Brickman: Why Vaping Can't Survive http://www.real-tobacco-extract.com/mitbrickman---why-vaping-can-t-survive.html

"...I realized that the government can’t allow vaping to survive. I didn’t say won’t – I said can’t. Why?...."

AndriaD

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
As long as there are any of us with functional vape hardware and nic in the freezer, vaping WILL survive.

Andria

Rossum

Gold Contributor
Member For 3 Years
I know that if vaping products were banned l couldn't and wouldn't go back to smoking.
Me either, but only because I'm well stocked, and even if something were to happen to all my stockpiles (which is unlikely because they are geographically dispersed) I'm confident there will be an informal market to tap. No government has ever eliminated anything by banning it.

Rossum

Gold Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Ummmm the FDA, Governor, State Congress and Senate of PA, IN, KY, and WI. Those are the people I know of that are in authority that believe this way. Gov. Wolf of PA has stated that smoking pot is better than vaping.
I'm not at all convinced they believe that. Sure, the may claim to, but I think that's just cover because they can't admit their real motives.

gingerbread

Silver Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Me either, but only because I'm well stocked, and even if something were to happen to all my stockpiles (which is unlikely because they are geographically dispersed) I'm confident there will be an informal market to tap. No government has ever eliminated anything by banning it.
No need for me to stock up just yet as l am in the UK, will see how are regs pan out in May 2017. Government and medical community is pro vaping, our saving grace plus brexit.
Geographical splitting up your stock, lol

AndriaD

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
I really don't want to go back to smoking, but fear that without my vapestuffs, there's a good chance I would.

Likewise. It would probably require some rather lengthy period of reacquiring a taste for tobacco, and my husband would NOT be pleased, but I know as well as I know my name, if I couldn't vape, I'd be back to smoking inside a week.

But I've got about 14 mods, 3 Achilles and 2 magma RDAs, plus a couple of KFL+'s, and 3 liters of nicotine, a gal and a half of PG, a quart and a half of Vg, and quite a lot of flavors, that say I don't have to face that.

Andria

VU Sponsors