Become a Patron!

The Small Dripper - dual-mode Big Dripper hack

Giraut

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
You know the Big Dripper RTDA and its signature pump-action tank sitting on top of the deck? Well, it's certainly a fantastic topper, but the tank bit is long and heavy.

Most of the time, I drip in my Big Drippers the usual way - with the juice bottle through the drip tip. I really only use the tank feature when I drive. So usually, the tank just sits there, being heavy and unwieldy for nothing. Ever since I got them atomizers, I've wished an extra, non-tanky bell had been included in the package, to turn the RTDA into a regular RDA, for when I want to eschew the tank.

Today I rummaged in my parts box, and found a bell that fits perfectly on the Big Dripper's deck: it's the bell from an AGA T2+ Genesis atomizer. It really is a perfect fit: it's exactly the same inner diameter, and the ceiling of the bell is very close to the top of the posts, making the chamber as small as possible. All I had to do was cut a pair of air slots at the right height with a Dremel and a 2mm mill bit.

Check it out:

modified_AGA_T2_bell_on_Big_Dripper_deck_zps97568fe5.jpg

Now all I have to do is swap the tank with the modified AGA T2+ bell to turn the Big Dripper into a really Small Dripper: with a short drip tip, it's even shorter than a Smok Dripper RDA, which is quite a feat. And the vape it produces is super flavorful and hotter than a Turkish steam bath. I love it!

As for the donor AGA T2+, the bell is still usable on it, but it's a bit airy now. Fortunately, nothing of value was lost, as it's possibly the most craptastic Genesis atomizer I've ever come across.

Last edited:

Giraut

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Well, the Big Dripper in its normal configuration is already usable as a single coil atty - although to be honest, it really only shines as a dual coiler. I haven't tried it, but I suppose the shorter bell would definitely help bring out the flavor and warmth of the vape.

Kemosabe

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
oh ok. i thought the big dripper was dual or quad only. that must have just been the clones i was looking at that were like that.

Giraut

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Big Drippers are 3-post atomizers - be it a clone or the genuine article. I believe they're really ideal for dual coil setups, but if you insist, you can mount four coils on it I guess :)

VH fan

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Oh great now a choice , what first , Orchid or Big Dripper ?

Giraut

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Pretty easy choice really: one is a dripper with an optional tank feed, the other is strictly tank-fed. If you're after versatility and you like dripping, it's a no brainer.

VH fan

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I need both actually , which one first lol. I'll figure it out

Kemosabe

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I went for a big dripper clone. im more of a dripper guy than a tank guy. my friend did pick up an orchid so ill have the pleasure of trying that out. if the tank impresses me, i'll scoop one. however id have to choose between the Erlkonigin, the Rose v2, the Squape Reloaded, and the Orchid v4. and frankly that's more research than I feel like doing LOL

but anyway, Giraut I like you modification. I have an AGA-T that I don't use anymore so I think I'll try your modification.

VU Sponsors