VU Administrator
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Press Corps
Member For 5 Years
Mod Team Leader
https://www.yahoo.com/news/smoking-diaries-4-e-cigs-055400095.html

This almost makes me feel as if the author is trying to pimp Allen Carr’s Easyway To Stop Smoking plan.

She basically starts off telling people that her friend quit smoking but is so addicted to nicotine now that she is standing on the corner all day sucking dick for eliquid.

Then she goes on to link to Allen Carr’s book, Allen Carr’s organization's statement on the evils of vaping , then mentions Allen Carr’s name 2 or 3 more times.

Then finishes with saying she found an ecig just sitting around in a bag at her house (i guess they give them away free with purses and makeup where she lives?) and is trying to just take a puff here or there.

What do you guys think? - 5150

KDodds

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
You know how it reads? It reads like a sheltered, SLC fundamentalist Mormon writing an article about Satanism in the NYC Hardcore scene, or a Watchtower pamphlet describing how it is biologically possible for a lion to become a vegetarian and literally lie down with a lamb. IOW, fiction presented as non-fiction. It's pretty clear that the author has no familiarity with the subject personally, and also that he or she sees it as some kind if alien technology. And, it completely ignores the fact that we are pretty all, en masse, following the same decreasing nicotine usage curve. I started at 18 and quickly dropped to 12, then 6, then 0, and now 3 down 0, and experience NO withdrawal symptoms whatsoever (much the same for me as caffeine, so some people must still get some symptoms, I would think). Now that I've started DIY, I'm probably going to drop to 1.5 fairly soon, or trade off 3 and 0 throughout the day. Oh, yeah, some say, but you use more liquid. Not me, not really. I still do about 12ml/day, same as where I started.

Rossum

Gold Contributor
Member For 3 Years
smokers are being funnelled into behaviour that will ensure they remain addicted, continue to suffer the mental and financial hardship caused by that
What mental hardship? I'm HAPPY to be vaping, and my family and employees, who figured I would never stop smoking, are thrilled as well.

What financial hardship? DYI juice costs me about $0.25 a day.

VU Sponsors