Become a Patron!

The Stupidest Thing You Will See All Week - Man Sues Airline After Being Burned By E-Cigarette

5150sick

Under Ground Hustler
Staff member
VU Administrator
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Press Corps
Member For 5 Years
Mod Team Leader
http://www.travelpulse.com/news/airlines/man-sues-airline-after-being-burned-by-e-cigarette.html

A Connecticut man traveling from London to New York recently suffered third-degree burns to his right hand and first- and second-degree burns to his left hand when his electronic cigarette overheated. It was charging in the outlet and began smoldering in the seat-back pocket in front of him after he fell asleep.

Naturally, being a member of the most litigious society in the world, the man has decided to file suit.

Yep, the man, Eric T. Wiberg, says it’s Norwegian Air Shuttle’s fault in the first place for even letting him charge his device. The suit was filed in Brooklyn federal court.

Presumably, he is suing over a faulty outlet, but in court papers he said the incident would never have happened if Norwegian Air had not allowed him to charge the device in the first place.

When the e-cigarette began to overheat and smolder, Wiberg awoke from the smell and the “panicked crew,” as described in the suit, quickly ran over with a bucket of water.

Wiberg said he sustained the burns to his hands when he grabbed the device and plunged it into the bucket.

Yes, You read that right this total moron is blaming someone else's electrical socket for his shitty device and choices.

This is as frivolous as frivolous gets.
It's up there with the guy who tried to sue red bull when he didn't grow wings:facepalm:

Welcome to a place where people have become so pussified that if they are in a room full of people and as little as a single person uses a word they don't like they demand to be placed in a safe space.

A place where YOU can be a total fuck up and sue somebody else for it.

If our forefathers could have somehow seen into the future they all would have either committed mass suicide or just went back to england - 5150

Last edited:

JuicyLucy

My name is Lucy and I am a squonkaholic
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
http://www.travelpulse.com/news/airlines/man-sues-airline-after-being-burned-by-e-cigarette.html

A Connecticut man traveling from London to New York recently suffered third-degree burns to his right hand and first- and second-degree burns to his left hand when his electronic cigarette overheated. It was charging in the outlet and began smoldering in the seat-back pocket in front of him after he fell asleep.

Naturally, being a member of the most litigious society in the world, the man has decided to file suit.

Yep, the man, Eric T. Wiberg, says it’s Norwegian Air Shuttle’s fault in the first place for even letting him charge his device. The suit was filed in Brooklyn federal court.

Presumably, he is suing over a faulty outlet, but in court papers he said the incident would never have happened if Norwegian Air had not allowed him to charge the device in the first place.

When the e-cigarette began to overheat and smolder, Wiberg awoke from the smell and the “panicked crew,” as described in the suit, quickly ran over with a bucket of water.

Wiberg said he sustained the burns to his hands when he grabbed the device and plunged it into the bucket.

Yes, You read that right this total moron is blaming someone else's electrical socket for his shitty device and choices.

This is a frivolous as frivolous gets.
It's up there with the guy who tried to sue red bull when he didn't grow wings:facepalm:

Welcome to a place where people have become so pussified that if they are in a room full of people and as little as a single person uses a word they don't like they demand to be placed in a safe space.

A place where YOU can be a total fuck up and sue somebody else for it.

If our forefathers could have somehow seen into the future they all would have either committed mass suicide or just went back to england - 5150

I surely hope there is a special place in HELL for these kind of idiots who go out of their way to do dumb ass shit to make vapers look stupid and add to the anti-vaping hysteria that gives gravitas for arguments to further restrict vaping :slowclap:

nightshard

It's VG/PG not PG/VG
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
1. If something is burning don't grab it.
2. If something is burning and you do grab it with one hand, don't pass it to the other hand.
3. Suing someone because of your own stupidity is the american way I guess, so if the courts allow it and the airline has insurance then why not (besides giving vaping a bad name, but people are selfish, so..).

5150sick

Under Ground Hustler
Staff member
VU Administrator
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Press Corps
Member For 5 Years
Mod Team Leader
1. If something is burning don't grab it.
2. If something is burning and you do grab it with one hand, don't pass it to the other hand.
3. Suing someone because of your own stupidity is the american way I guess, so if the courts allow it and the airline has insurance then why not (besides giving vaping a bad name, but people are selfish, so..).

The fucked up thing is I had a group of doctors give me a hospital born infection that damn near killed me and had me laid up for close to 3 years.

I did not sue them because I don't believe in that type of shit.

When I went to the hospital with a broken hip stem from a previous hip replacement I needed the hip revision.

I signed paperwork informing me that surgery is risky, something could go wrong and could even result in death.
I signed that paperwork stating I understood that risk and was willing to take it.

So why would I turn around and sue them when something went wrong?

I feel that suing someone unless that person did something illegal or immoral to cause direct injury and hardship to me (such as a drunk driver hitting me with their car while I'm walking down the side of the road) is totally UnAmerican.

It goes against the values and morals I was taught growing up.

nightshard

It's VG/PG not PG/VG
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Is it morally right? no, but when most people are presented with the possibility of receiving a few millions their moral compass goes sideway.
The problem is not with people suing, it's with the courts allowing outrageous/stupid cases and allowing outrageous/stupid sums of money.

UncleRJ

Will write reviews for Beer!
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Reviewer
Wouldn't you think that knowing using an E-Cig on a plane is against the law would lead you to think that charging one on the plane was a good idea?:crazy::cuss2:

nightshard

It's VG/PG not PG/VG
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
How is it their fault for letting him charge?
It's like if it happened at home he would sue the electric company.
He should sue the company that made that faulty mod but can't so he's suing them instead.

OldGrump

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
The only person that really wins in a court case is the lawyers. They get paid whatever the case outcome is.

Moving towards a tobacco free World!

VU Sponsors