The Witcher: Henry Cavill Says Timeline Criticism From Season One Was 'Fair'

Status
Not open for further replies.

VUBot

Staff member
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Vape Media
Though The Witcher has proven to be one of Netflix's most popular shows in recent years, the first season's wonky timeline-hopping drew pretty universal criticism. Episodes occasionally bounced between Geralt's adventures prior to Ciri's birth and "current" time, to the confusion of many. Henry Cavill, Geralt himself, said in a new interview with Digital Spy that the criticism of the timeline framing is "fair. Absolutely fair."

"It's tough to keep track of those things, especially when you're following three different characters," Cavill said. "Even if you know the lore, it's two of the characters in a completely original story. To keep up with it is tricky."

Season two follows a much more straightforward sense of progression, plus or minus a few trippy sequences, and Cavill seems to think things are considerably easier to follow this time around.

"I think it's a bit more clear. And I think that's a good thing," Cavill said.

Cavill also commented on what he called a "taxing" season two shoot, which required cast and crew work with COVID safety restrictions.

"I think the most difficult thing about the whole pandemic of it all was, honestly, everyone wearing masks on set, because it removes a lot of the human component," Cavill said. "You can't shake people's hands. You can't hug them and you can't see their faces. They can see my face, but I can't see their face, so I'm missing a lot of the normal human signals you get."

You can check out IGN's review of The Witcher season 2 episodes 1-6, plus individual reviews for episode 7, episode 8, and The Witcher season 2 ending explained. Showrunner Lauren Hissrich has also revealed that season 3's script is almost fully finished.

Don't forget to also check out our guide to the Witcher novels.

Joseph Knoop is a writer/producer/leshy for IGN.

Continue reading...

Status
Not open for further replies.

VU Sponsors