The Witcher Season 3 Is Almost Fully Written

Status
Not open for further replies.

VUBot

Staff member
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Vape Media
The Witcher Season 3 is almost completely written, but the Netflix show is not going to be back in production anytime soon.

During an interview with TechRadar, showrunner Lauren Schmidt Hissrich revealed that The Witcher Season 3 is still in early development.

“Actually, this is our last week [December 3] in the writers’ room," she revealed. “We’re almost done with the scripting phase, and it’s amazing. I’m really thrilled with how the season is shaping up because it’s based on my favorite book in the saga, which is The Time of Contempt.”

Time of Contempt is the second novel in The Witcher saga by author Andrzej Sapkowski, focusing on the rising tension between the Northern Kingdoms and Nilfgaard as the two prepare for all-out war.

The Northern Kings are still conspiring with one another as they attempt to lure Nilfgaard into war. Meanwhile, Ciri is due to be enrolled at Aretuza in order to study magic, but soon comes into contact with some of the most powerful sorceresses on The Continent. With a brutal and bloody war looking inevitable, Ciri goes on the run with a group of bandits.

If you’re interested in the novels, we’ve worked out the perfect order to read them.

Don't expect the team to move straight into filming, though. Hissrich explained that the scripts have only just been written, and that the “creative process was only just starting”.

“I feel like Seasons 1 and 2 have been laying the playing field for everything huge that’s about to happen,” she added. “But the creative process is now really just starting. We have the scripts, and now we’ll bring directors on, the actors back in, and really start delving in deeper and reflecting back and making sure that it’s the perfect season.”

Season 2 of The Witcher is already going down well with fans, despite almost derailing Henry Cavill’s action career. But with a seven season plan, it looks as though Cavill and the rest of the cast are in it for the long haul.

Ryan Leston is an entertainment journalist and film critic for IGN. You can follow him on Twitter.

Continue reading...

Status
Not open for further replies.

VU Sponsors