The Witcher Showrunner Lauren Schmidt Hissrich Signs Overall Deal With Netflix

Status
Not open for further replies.

VUBot

Staff member
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Vape Media
Netflix has signed a multi-year overall deal with The Witcher showrunner Lauren Schmidt Hissrich.

The streaming giant announced on Thursday that it has entered into a new creative partnership with Schmidt Hissrich that will see her write and produce scripted series content and other creative projects for the platform, while also continuing to serve as showrunner and executive producer on Netflix's hit series The Witcher.

"I am so thrilled to have found my home at Netflix, and can't wait to continue what's been an incredibly fulfilling creative partnership," Schmidt Hissrich said in a statement. "While my heart belongs to The Witcher Franchise, I equally look forward to digging in on other exciting projects for their global audience in the years to come."

Before The Witcher, Schmidt Hissrich served as a co-executive producer on two Marvel shows for Netflix, 2017's The Defenders and Daredevil, which ran for a total of three seasons from 2015-2018. She also worked as a co-executive producer on the Starz show Power, a New York-based drama starring Omari Hardwick.

"Lauren is a formidable talent with a strong creative vision and diverse skill-set that she brings to every project she touches," added Bela Bajaria, Netflix's head of global TV. "Lauren's work on The Witcher has firmly established her as both a preeminent creator and showrunner, and we're excited to continue working with her on future projects."

Schmidt Hissrich is currently assigned to multiple projects in the world of The Witcher, including The Witcher Season 2, debuting on Netflix on December 17, as well as the upcoming prequel series The Witcher: Blood Origin and anime series The Witcher: Nightmare of the Wolf, which just unveiled seven new character posters ahead of its premiere this month.

Adele Ankers is a freelance writer for IGN. Follow her on Twitter.

Continue reading...

Status
Not open for further replies.

VU Sponsors