Become a Patron!

Things with custard

Bucky205

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I am a big custard base fan, Strawberry, peach, apple, whatever. I keep a big bottle of 17% Cap V1 at 3 mg steeping. Needed to mix a new liter and had about 30 ML left in the bottle that had been steeping couple weeks. Decided I was going to pour it into a 30 ML add 3% banana and let it steep some more. Well the steeping idea lasted about 2 days. I kept deciding I needed to taste it to see how it was doing. I'll mix a bigger bottle and see how it is after steeping. What are some of the things everyone is mixing with custard? Straight, Strawberry, Peach, Banana, Blueberry, are all good.

As a note: An additional 2 minutes of steeping doesn't change the flavor much.

LOL, Might be a shorter list of whats not good mixed with custard.

Last edited:

Neunerball

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
ECF Refugee
I like CAP Vanilla Custard V2 and FA Honey. Personally, I like it at 2.5% VC and 0.5% Honey.

Bucky205

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I like CAP Vanilla Custard V2 and FA Honey. Personally, I like it at 2.5% VC and 0.5% Honey.

I've got some Honey from Ecigexpress, says product of Poland. Not FA, but I'm going to try it, it sounds good.

Neunerball

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
ECF Refugee
I've got some Honey from Ecigexpress, says product of Poland. Not FA, but I'm going to try it, it sounds good.
I love it! You might want to adjust the percentages to your liking though.

Bucky205

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
when do you notice the steeping reaches a point for your main custard mix to start tasting its best @ 17%?
After about 5 days it starts to get a nice gold color and the flavor to me almost smooths and sweetens. After that it seems to improve up to about 30 days. I don't have have much experience past 30 days. I have usually used it up by then, and make another batch. I had the end of a bottle last night that I added 3% of banana, It was really good.

newyork13

Bronze Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I'm going to have to get some Cap custard. Never tried it, but my curiosity is overwhelming me. There doesn't seem a middle ground on it. So many folks love it, and those that don't seem to hate it. Gonna have to try it. I do like the FA custard, being of Italian extraction, as it does remind me of the custard desserts of my childhood. But, it's not quite the "custard", if you know what I mean.

FL_David

Silver Contributor
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
I have CAP Custard V2, and FA Custard which are both good to use in different ways. I am sold on using Game Over Custard from Mama J's when making a full on something and custard. I use it around 7% depending on the mix. The steeping time is cut way down to a few days wait at least with the batch I have.
GOC isn't a clean custard, but the flavor is so addicting one could overlook that flaw. I'm taking a break from custards to keep the flavor exciting. I think you would be hard pressed to find a flavor that would not be good with custard.

newyork13

Bronze Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I haven't checked in the last few days, but Mama J's seems to be unavailable everywhere. I heard how nice it is, but can't find it in stock. Maybe soon.

B_vapes89

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I want to try custard with toasted almond and bourbon. I think that would be awesome

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

Bucky205

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I mixed 10 mls of this and vaping it now. My VC that was steeped was 15%, so I Nic'd up some VG, and brought it down to 7.5% VC, and added 2% honey. Not exact, but it brought it closer to your 5:1 ratios for flavoring. Very tasty.

Last edited:

Neunerball

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
ECF Refugee
I mixed 10 mls of this and vaping it now. My VC that was steeped was 15%, so I Nic'd up some VG, and brought it down to 7.5% VC, and added 2% honey. Not exact, but it brought it closer to your 5:1 ratios for flavoring. Very tasty.
Thank you!

I've never seen a recipe utilizing Vanilla Custard with Honey, unless posted by myself already. However, I love the combination of just those two flavors! In addition, it could be a base of some other good custard recipes as well. Including some, I'm working on myself.

VU Sponsors