Become a Patron!

Think Vape Finder DNA75/200/250 (75, 133, 167 watts) Dual 18650

Wingsfan0310

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
As the title says Think Vape is releasing a dual 18650 DNA75 (Finder) that looks like the Therion. I like the look. Black Tempered glass on the top and bottom, Carbon Fiber on the battery cover, and Abalone on the fire button.

Edit It's now being sold with a DNA200 chip (133 watts). It's about time.

9ed6db1562ce48fcb7672c460c8c5784.png

5355901-1.jpg

0Rv1QtG.jpg
UKmZVDq.jpg

Cheers,
Steve

Edit: I changed the title because I now see it's being sold with a DNA200 chip.

Last edited:

Nailz

FUCK the FDA
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Must have been typing at the same time :p. Did you order one?

Yes we was lol

No not ordered one, if they had come out before the therion, then probably would've of gone with the finder, as think be more durable over time, but not sure I want another dual DNA 75 mod, already got 4 DNA 75 mods now, do I really need 5, nope but never stopped me before :xD:

SmilinVapor

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Yes we was lol

No not ordered one, if they had come out before the therion, then probably would've of gone with the finder, as think be more durable over time, but not sure I want another dual DNA 75 mod, already got 4 DNA 75 mods now, do I really need 5, nope but never stopped me before :xD:
I hear ya man. I think I am still in hoarde mode with the new regs. At least the China vendors aren't asking for SSN, DL, first born, etc to order yet like some here in the states.

SmilinVapor

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
BTW, I hate to admit it, but I have 5 DNA 75s also (two are saved in the war chest). Can't hurt to have one more. I really like the form factor of the Therion.

Nailz

FUCK the FDA
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Yea I think I will probably end up with one if I can, as really do like the looks of it, but would've liked to got from a US vendor, and don't think that will happen now.

MercuryVaper

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
I saw this a week or so ago when they dropped a few teaser pics. Very nice looking. Looks modern industrial. I loved the Therion when it hit the market, but was turned off because I saw discussion of the lack of daughter board. I'm wondering if this has same "lack of" issue. If that is even an issue with a parallel dna. Very nice looks and the price is way less than I was expecting.

MercuryVaper

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
From the looks of the 510 it seems like 25mm attys would fit with no overhang. I really don't need another mod but I hear it calling my name :p

Cheers,
Steve
Hey, I was hoping you were answering my concern on the daughter board lol...I here you, it's sharp looking. I only have one 75 and I just ordered it last night, so I deserve another one, at least. I see pics of a silver w/black door. Very nice.

Wingsfan0310

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I saw this a week or so ago when they dropped a few teaser pics. Very nice looking. Looks modern industrial. I loved the Therion when it hit the market, but was turned off because I saw discussion of the lack of daughter board. I'm wondering if this has same "lack of" issue. If that is even an issue with a parallel dna. Very nice looks and the price is way less than I was expecting.
I'm not sure if the DNA75 has reverse polarity protection built in. I would think with them being parallel both cells would be positive up. I would think that but I seem to remember a review where the cell was negative up (Maybe one of the Hcigar DNA75's). I'll research it and post when I know for sure.

Cheers,
Steve

MercuryVaper

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
I'm not sure if the DNA75 has reverse polarity protection built in. I would think with them being parallel both cells would be positive up. I would think that but I seem to remember a review where the cell was negative up (Maybe one of the Hcigar DNA75's). I'll research it and post when I know for sure.

Cheers,
Steve
I figured you knew this on the fly. Thanks Steve. I'll poke around also.

Wingsfan0310

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I figured you knew this on the fly. Thanks Steve. I'll poke around also.
Reverse Polarity Protection
The DNA 75 includes built in Reverse Polarity Protection to protect the user, board, device, and
battery in the event that a battery is inserted backwards

It's on page 11. I figured it did since it was designed for 18650/26650, not Lipos.
http://evolvapor.forumchitchat.com/file?id=2905969

Cheers,
Steve

MercuryVaper

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years

Wingsfan0310

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Last edited:

MercuryVaper

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
I did see that but a search didn't turn up anything. If you know where to find it I'd appreciate a heads up. I'll edit the title and add it to the first post.

Cheers,
Steve

Edit This is all I could find, even on Think Vape's own site

b3.jpg
I was just about to edit my post about no info found...Dead end. We can still dream though.

PaulS

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I've ordered numerous items from 3Fvape. Now shipping is slow. Otherwise customer service is pretty darn good. Just ordered a second mage tank and a bunch of drip tips for mage/goon/kennedy/510s. They sell them really cheap. I trust them. I cannot decide between this and the Therion TBH.

MR. MAYHEM

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Sorry guys. Just a question. I just ordered my first ever DNA product which is the lava box mini DNA75. I'm primarily only using a tank on it. But I noticed a couple take dual 18650 and a couple take a single 18650 like the lava box. Just wondering why all of these considering its not a high power device with 75 watts will a device use a dual battery.

Sent from my SM-G935T using Tapatalk

Wingsfan0310

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Sorry guys. Just a question. I just ordered my first ever DNA product which is the lava box mini DNA75. I'm primarily only using a tank on it. But I noticed a couple take dual 18650 and a couple take a single 18650 like the lava box. Just wondering why all of these considering its not a high power device with 75 watts will a device use a dual battery.

Sent from my SM-G935T using Tapatalk
Two reasons:
Better battery life and less voltage sag. Especially when using it at it's upper power limit.

PS I just recently received the Lavabox DNA75. In my signature is a link to my Ecig file for it if you are interested.

Cheers,
Steve

all_thumbs

Bronze Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
It looks like they added red/brown leather models in addition to the carbon ones, in both stainless and black. Price ($95.69) at FT is less than the carbon. It looks like it still has the tempered glass though.

I went with a Therion instead because the dimensions are slightly smaller and I think it looks nicer. Just my opinion though and I did consider both.

f1r3b1rd

https://cookingwithlegs.com/
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
I totally dig the bronze... but does anyone know if that abalone inlay is removable?

mjag

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I totally dig the bronze... but does anyone know if that abalone inlay is removable?
Yeah, I really dig this mod too but can do without the abalone power button.

Still a very unique looking mod, preferable if you want to stand out from the crowd vs the Therion 133 which is also a real looker.

Sent from my SM-N910P using Tapatalk

f1r3b1rd

https://cookingwithlegs.com/
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
I'm starting to think I must be the only one here that likes Abalone. Heck I just bought a Duo because of the Abalone. Just something different from the normal stuff. I think it looks sharp.

Cheers,
Steve
It reminds me lf my dead grandmother's earrings. :teehee:

mjag

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I don't mind abalone but on the finder 133 fire button I just think it looks out of place. Not a deterrent to buying one, just a preference.

Sent from my SM-N910P using Tapatalk

Wingsfan0310

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Thanks to a heads up from @BoostAddict I now see the Finder is available for order with a DNA250 chip (167 watts). It's coming with a Croc battery sleeve. It looks sweet. I think it's going to be available in a variety of choices. Here's a review (not English) of the Finder 167. :cheers:

Cheers,
Steve

Last edited:

Wingsfan0310

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Here's some pictures I've found of a few different color variations of the Finder 167 (I wonder if they are also going to have the Bronze I saw on the 133 watt model in post #33 earlier on this page ^^^):

Black (looks more like Gun Metal to me)
6200501-1.jpg

Silver
6200500-1.jpg

Blue
6229100-1.jpg

A few different Cover variations I've found
authentic-thinkvape-finder-dna-167-tc-vw-variable-wattage-box-mod-red-5167w-2-x-18650-200600-f-100300-c.jpg
IMG_20161101_150707-500x554.jpg
IMG_20161101_150803-500x554.jpg

Cheers,
Steve

Last edited:

SirRichardRear

AKA Anthony Vapes on Youtube
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Reviewer
Here's some pictures I've found of a few different color variations of the Finder 167 (I wonder if they are also going to have the Bronze I saw in the 133 posted earlier on this page^^^):

Black (looks more like Gun Metal to me)
6200501-1.jpg

Silver
6200500-1.jpg

Blue
6229100-1.jpg

A few different Cover variations I've found
authentic-thinkvape-finder-dna-167-tc-vw-variable-wattage-box-mod-red-5167w-2-x-18650-200600-f-100300-c.jpg
IMG_20161101_150707-500x554.jpg
IMG_20161101_150803-500x554.jpg

Cheers,
Steve
Those all look good but I really like the copper one. 2 weeks till black Friday

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

Wingsfan0310

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I received my shipping notice from 3FVape... My Finder 167 shipped out yesterday:cheers:
I figured it was going to ship when I saw the 24 hour tag on it. Only the Black had that tag. Congrats my friend. Let me know what you think when it comes in along with some pictures :D :cheers:

PS How long does shipping usually take from 3F? I've never ordered from them before.

BoostAddict

Silver Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I figured it was going to ship when I saw the 24 hour tag on it. Only the Black had that tag. Congrats my friend. Let me know what you think when it comes in along with some pictures :D :cheers:

PS How long does shipping usually take from 3F? I've never ordered from them before.

I just received a couple rta's from them. 10 -12 days..probably the fastest China shipper IMO

Thanks Steve...I think the Gunmetal Supreme is going on this mod:cheers: The mod doesn't really look black, looks like Gunmetal lol:crazy:

VU Sponsors