Become a Patron!

THIS IS WHY YOU NEED TO BE CAREFUL SENDING A COPY OF YOUR ID AND LAST 4 DIGITS OF YOUR SOCIAL

Rossum

Gold Contributor
Member For 3 Years
vaporjoose.composted that if you simply close the bluecheck popup window the order goes through and looks to the vendor the customer was verified by lbuecheck.
I expect they fixed that, or it was not properly integrated with that vendor's shopping cart software. In any case, that did NOT work for me with the vendor I wanted stuff from this weekend. Closing the BlueCheck pop-up cleared all my billing & shipping info from the check-out screen and cleared the "I'm of legal age" checkbox. The moment I clicked that checkbox again, the BlueCheck pop-up was back. I couldn't find a way around it.

5150sick

Under Ground Hustler
Staff member
VU Administrator
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Press Corps
Member For 5 Years
Mod Team Leader
ok so getting the last 4 is realtively easy for a tennager to do
now CC..hmmm mom and dad gave me $20 for cutting teh lawn, oh and $20 more to hang out at the mall, and aunt mary gave me $5 for my bday etc etc.

now while at said mall...go buy a visa gift card
register visa gift card online under mom or dads name and home shipping address.

now they have Your CC

from my understanding.,,,, thats enough to get past bluecheck
a credit card with teh same billing address as shipping address
b last 4 of the ss of teh persons name on cc

This whole thing could easily be avoided by making those visa give cards, greendot, cards, etc... 18+ only.
I never understood the part where it's illegal to hold a contract with a minor.... but they can buy that company's "gift card", go home, and buy whatever the fuck they want.

Why are those cards not adult only?

Because MONEY!!! They know that it's a kids only option for internet shopping while avoiding parental consent.

I wonder why congress don't give a shit?

Think of the Children™ !!!

5150sick

Under Ground Hustler
Staff member
VU Administrator
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Press Corps
Member For 5 Years
Mod Team Leader
I would speculate that BlueCheck costs the vendors under $1.00 per check, a sum they can far more easily absorb than the $6.00 it costs to go signature required, and way too many vapers are too cheap to be willing to pony up the $6.00 themselves.

But if they gave vapers the CHOICE between the two I'd be willing to bet that the vapers who cared about their identity would just save up and place one large order and kick out the 6 bucks.

One thing I know for sure about vapers is that they love options

JuicyLucy

My name is Lucy and I am a squonkaholic
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
But if they gave vapers the CHOICE between the two I'd be willing to bet that the vapers who cared about their identity would just save up and place one large order and kick out the 6 bucks.

One thing I know for sure about vapers is that they love options

Sure, before 8/8 I rarely made a purchase under then minimum needed for free shipping

It would suck if you were 18 and legally able to buy in your state but couldn't buy online because you won't give up your SSN and aren't 21 to sign though

I still say if online wine sellers can get away with verifying with your cc, vape sellers should too.

I almost suspect BlueCheck is going around scaring the online vending community.

I've seen several posts claiming that there is no third-party age verification requirement and have yet to see someone claiming that there is showing proof: i.e.: where is says that in the deeming regs.

I can't begin to read through all 499 pages or whatever it is to find out.

I made it to about 100 pages and started getting confused and quit. My bad, but I tried :)

AndriaD

Yes, I DO wear a mask! I'm vaccinated, too!
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Sure, before 8/8 I rarely made a purchase under then minimum needed for free shipping

It would suck if you were 18 and legally able to buy in your state but couldn't buy online because you won't give up your SSN and aren't 21 to sign though

I still say if online wine sellers can get away with verifying with your cc, vape sellers should too.

I almost suspect BlueCheck is going around scaring the online vending community.

I've seen several posts claiming that there is no third-party age verification requirement and have yet to see someone claiming that there is showing proof: i.e.: where is says that in the deeming regs.

I made it to about 100 pages and started getting confused and quit. My bad, but I tried :)

I'm pretty sure that "massive confusion" was precisely what the FDfuckingA was aiming for.

Andria

JuicyLucy

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
I'm pretty sure that "massive confusion" was precisely what the FDfuckingA was aiming for.

Andria

I do suspect a con job

As a self-employed person, I can tell you it is very easy to freak people out by telling them their livelihood is threatened and if an entity claims they can protect your business many will cave easily to the pressure.

Rossum

Gold Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Agreed. In fact when I e-mailed the vendor on Monday to ask if they had any alternatives to BlueCheck, I offered to pay for "Adult Sig Req'd" shipping.

lordmage

The Sky has Fallen. the End is Here.
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
i know some states require local sale to have an id verified not on file. ie face to face then the same state requires online purchases within that state to have an id on file with the vendor but not out of state sale as of yet. Texas comes to mind and one other just not sure. the whole blue check thing is taking advantage of the second part and vendors who wish to be complaint with all possible customers so there for they do it to all.

The Cromwell

I am a BOT
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
i know some states require local sale to have an id verified not on file. ie face to face then the same state requires online purchases within that state to have an id on file with the vendor but not out of state sale as of yet. Texas comes to mind and one other just not sure. the whole blue check thing is taking advantage of the second part and vendors who wish to be complaint with all possible customers so there for they do it to all.
Post 8-8-2016 all Tobacco products require proof of 18 yrs of age per FDA Deeming regulations.
Online and in person. All vaping intended stuff if now tobacco products.
Exactly how to do that was not spelled out definitively for online vape gear transactions.
But is required.

lordmage

Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Post 8-8-2016 all Tobacco products require proof of 18 yrs of age per FDA Deeming regulations.
Online and in person. All vaping intended stuff if now tobacco products.
Exactly how to do that was not spelled out definitively for online vape gear transactions.
But is required.
interesting sweet vapes must be using a credit processor based system just ordered coils from them and nothing extra was required other than payment

JuicyLucy

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years

Hmm is right.

Your post seems to back up my suspicions

Artemis

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
interesting sweet vapes must be using a credit processor based system just ordered coils from them and nothing extra was required other than payment
According to their site they are implementing by the end of the month. Earlier this month that was not displayed. They never replied to my inquiry about their third part verification. I do hope they come to their senses and not use Bluecheck.

http://sweet-vapes.com//bluecheck/?___store=default

lordmage

Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years

lordmage

Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
well after some research it seems that shops running Bigcommerce as their backend support are picking bluecrap due to the expense of switching everything over to support a most trusted AVS.

lordmage

Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
I'm going to buy my coils at ecig.com. I heard they don't use bluecrapola any more.
you are correct my post a few up has a list of ones that do or don't from my findings

Doots

VU Donator
Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
We used Bluecheck at first for Doodlebugsejuice, but after a few days decided not to. We only require a pic of your drivers license or ID and you can cover the number of your DL if you like. Sales have increased since our decision to abandon Bluecheck.. Shipping address must be the same as your id however.

Mattp169

Platinum Contributor
Vape Media
Member For 5 Years
We used Bluecheck at first for Doodlebugsejuice, but after a few days decided not to. We only require a pic of your drivers license or ID and you can cover the number of your DL if you like. Sales have increased since our decision to abandon Bluecheck.. Shipping address must be the same as your id however.

THIS! THIS MAKES SENSE. I can come up with a mission impossible way for a minor to fool you if you want to know it.

Now must you do this for every order or only the first order?

JuicyLucy

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years

Just as this dude said 3 years ago. The thread is great, but while i was reading it i was thinking about the fact that i need some popcorn. I am interested if there is anyone from active from this thread. How do you feel about the id verifications right now in 2020?

They still suck balls and still won't give up any digits of my SSN

VU Sponsors