Become a Patron!

Thoughts on ohm reader with fire

Casums180

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Hello all. Happy holidays!

TL;DR
Want a quality ohm reader that fires without breaking the bank. Whats good? Is there a new version of the coil master 521 coming out?

I am in the market for a 1st ohm reader. I have decided that I no longer want to build on my model and would like an ohm reader.

Ideally I would like a well built meter that is sturdy enough for me to build on (use it as a base), accurate, and also has the ability to fire the atomizer.

I have been looking around and found a couple that I like but I I turning to you fine folks for some info and hopefully a hidden gem.

Anyways, I saw the USA ohm duel 18650 for about $80 or so and I don't want to drop that amount.

I also saw some tab 521s. The coil master and geekvape ones.
From what I gather the CM one is better overall.
BUT the coil master 521 tab seems to be hard to find.
In my experience with this, it means that they may have stopped making it???
If that is anyway accurate, does anyone know if there is a new version coming out?

Any info on the CM or any other recommendations for a meter that fires is greatly appreciated.

Love you all!

TL;DR
Want a quality ohm reader that fires without breaking the bank. Whats good? Is there a new version of the coil master 521 coming out?

PhantomOp

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
I purchased a Geekvape 521 Tab Mini this week.

My personal experience ... I had purchased (and sent back to Amazon) the Coil Master 521 Tab (non-mini, new version) but had bad experiences with it not reading multiple different coil builds on different decks.

HOWEVER, there are many other members on here that HAVE used the new model CM 521 Tab without issues. I think I just got a POS from Amazon.
The Geekvape is on order, the Coil Master Mini will be next month. --- I like the idea of having two different units to double check.

http://www.efun.top/geekvape-521-tab-mini.html -- $19.99
http://www.coil-master.net/product/coil-master-521-mini-tab -- $19.99

PhantomOp

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Again -- if you have Amazon Prime, you can get the entire Coil Master Kit v3 for under $50.00 --- includes everything you will need for building coils and give you some extra stuff if you already have some of it. ( :D batteries not included)

r055co

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I started with the CM 521, really liked it and it works well if you build => 0.2 ohms, but it won't fire below that. This is actually good since it's only a single battery. I got the USA Ohm Meter's Fire Meter parallel which will and an excellent build, ohm reader, pulsing deck. So IMO if you've got the scratch it's worth it, plus USA Ohm Meter's are known to have the most accurate Ohm readers. The build quality is also excellent, only con I would say is the grooves from the 3D printing. Not a deal killer but I wish they would set the 3D printer a bit finer so as not to have the grooves. Other than that the construction is top quality, much, much better than the CM.

PhantomOp

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
I started with the CM 521, really liked it and it works well if you build => 0.2 ohms, but it won't fire below that. This is actually good since it's only a single battery. I got the USA Ohm Meter's Fire Meter parallel which will and an excellent build, ohm reader, pulsing deck. So IMO if you've got the scratch it's worth it, plus USA Ohm Meter's are known to have the most accurate Ohm readers. The build quality is also excellent, only con I would say is the grooves from the 3D printing. Not a deal killer but I wish they would set the 3D printer a bit finer so as not to have the grooves. Other than that the construction is top quality, much, much better than the CM.

I agree with this one --- I just didn't have the $$ for the USA Meter currently. Eventually I'll get the USA Meter and trade/sell off my other(s).

wheelie

VU Donator
Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Love my Geek Vape 521 Tab. Resistance is bang on with my Fluke Meter. I(could not be happier than I am with it. I would by another in a heartbeat. CHEERS!

TrackDay

VU Donator
Silver Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
ECF Refugee
Geekvape 521 Tab Mini all the way.

leadpipe58

Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
I have the 521 mini and find that it take a while to get the coils to heat up.I have tried different coils and wire and with a fully charged known good battery.It may take a minute to start to glow..Get the full size.

VU Sponsors