Become a Patron!

Tightening post screw ruins my coil

Scuba Steve

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Basically I make a 26ga micro coil, looks great all touching until I start to tighten the screw on my igo w. As I snug it down the coil is pulled apart and twisted. I fire the coil til it glows red and pinch with my tweezers to try and get it right again but although it helps I can't get it as good as I'd like.

This has been happening for a long time and as a perfectionist it drives me crazy when my coil looks great until I get it on the device. Figured I would ask if anyone has a solution to this? Seems like its unavoidable since tightening the screws will always pull on the coil but I've seen a lot of pics of micro coils that are perfectly lined up and in position with no gaps so clearly its possible. Open to any and all suggestions, thanks -SS

VH fan

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Keep the screws screwed down almost fully so you only have to turn them very little , on another note , don't sweat if the coils are spaced a little and not compacted . After trying countless times with all types i see zero difference in the vape.

Scuba Steve

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Good advice thanks. I know it doesn't make much if any difference in the vape I just want it to look good ;-)
So I'll file the screws flat, get some more bits of various sizes and try to leave just enough room for the
wires and see how it goes.

VH fan

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Good advice thanks. I know it doesn't make much if any difference in the vape I just want it to look good ;-)
So I'll file the screws flat, get some more bits of various sizes and try to leave just enough room for the
wires and see how it goes.

Even if the screws are set low and you need to turn them very little, if you wrap one end of the wire completely around the post it will still move when you turn it.

What you need to do is (like others have mentioned) is insert the drill bit /mandrel through the coil to stabilize it and when the coil is positioned correctly then tighten down the first leg . This means that the other end of the wire and your coil should be in the exact position you want it to be before you tighten down the last leg.

MKPM

AMG
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
ECF Refugee
When I still used IGO w's, I upgraded the screws with ones from FatDaddy. This is not unique to any particular RDA.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Dutzy

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Put two 90 degree staggers(an s curve but cleaner) on your neg leg of coil. Gives you more of center post alignment at same time

VU Sponsors