Become a Patron!

time to step my game up..

batts

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
So I have been using e cigs to stop smoking/cut down and it's been working good most of the time.. now I'm looking to get into cloud chasing and flavor drafting... So I just got my first mech mod and drip tip (clone #sorrynotsorry)after much research. Still doing a lot of reading about coils and battery outputs.. anyways I can't wait to get my stuff in the mail and get to work.. just wanted to say hi. I'm sure I'll be posting questions and photos. Should have a pretty bad ads hammer/cartel Frankenstein dripper. Any help on a duel coil build for a 18350 30a battery build would be rad.. if not I'm sure I'll find what I need on the forums.

BigNasty

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
UGH. Ditch the hammer or pick up the extension tube, do not try to sub ohm on a 350.. do not try to sug ohm on a hammer without switch correction and a 350. you are going to set yourself up for a handful of hot venting battery.

batts

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
i do plan on replacing the top cap and button with king or cartel parts.so the only part of the hammer that will be used is the body(maybe an extension tube) im not dead set on sub ohm or anything. Im still researching options for the 18350 and 18500. What would you say i look into for my friend build on this?

batts

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
oh and the hammer came with a doge v2 so i might use that as well. or i might get a Stillare v2. not as wide open..

BigNasty

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
for the 18350, or 500 there is not much but well over ohm and in a doge that is just pointless.
Stop with the tinkering, esp. starting out you are setting your friend for a painful failure and yourself.

Get a 18650 tube mod that is well done, not some shit you need to tinker with.
25-35 amp bateries for safety.

TiGs

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
... Should have a pretty bad ads hammer/cartel Frankenstein dripper. Any help on a duel coil build for a 18350 30a battery build would be rad.. if not I'm sure I'll find what I need on the forums.

Hi. Where to get a 30A 18350? Last time I checked 30A 18350 doesn't exist. The newest AW 18350 batteries are 12A while the older ones are 6A

batts

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I took bignastys advise and got something bigger. I went with the cartel boss 26650.. just to have the frfreedoto do whatever as I get started. I might revisit the hammer idea after I know more. I just love the style..Thanks for the battery info.

skocha361

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Start with a build of .8 ohm or so. You'll wanna move lower soon, but don't get ahead of yourself. I'd get some 30g and 26g.

Use steam-engine.org and watch a bunch of micro coil builds! And look up how to use steam-engine.org

8 wraps of 30g around a 1/16" rod/bit will give you .8 ohms if you dual-coil. Tear up some STERILE cotton balls, wick it, and you're set.

The same coil with 26g will give you .37 ohm, a great cloud chasing build, but PLEASE triple check your battery's amp rating (Efest lies!) and work your way up slowly, as you gain knowledge.

Read, watch, read, watch, read, read, read, then do. Good luck.

batts

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Start with a build of .8 ohm or so. You'll wanna move lower soon, but don't get ahead of yourself. I'd get some 30g and 26g.

Use steam-engine.org and watch a bunch of micro coil builds! And look up how to use steam-engine.org

8 wraps of 30g around a 1/16" rod/bit will give you .8 ohms if you dual-coil. Tear up some STERILE cotton balls, wick it, and you're set.

The same coil with 26g will give you .37 ohm, a great cloud chasing build, but PLEASE triple check your battery's amp rating (Efest lies!) and work your way up slowly, as you gain knowledge.

Read, watch, read, watch, read, read, read, then do. Good luck.
Thank you so much man! Just the help I was looking for and I a step ahead of you on the reading reading reading thing. Haha. My friend just walked me though a duel coil build on his set up and we sat around ripping it for a bit. I'm not at the "DO " STAGE yet but when I do I'll shoot for that duel coil .8 build! With a high end 26650 battery by what I have read should be pretty safe. But again I'm still doing a lot of reading haha.

nightshard

It's VG/PG not PG/VG
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
No such thing a 18350 30A battery.
Get an ohm meter, check the actual continues amp rating of the battery and be careful with your ohms.

VU Sponsors