Become a Patron!

Tips for pomagranite, strawberry vanilla please

formernuke

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I want to make up one of these. I'm planning on starting the pom at 3%. I'm wondering which strawberry and which vanilla to use and at what percentages? Also should I add a sweetener or marshmallow or would that make it too sweet.

Thanks for any inputs

AndriaD

Yes, I DO wear a mask! I'm vaccinated, too!
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
The strawberry & cream I do is actually somewhat more like strawberry custard, but if you reduced the DX Bavarian and increased the Vanilla Swirl and Sweet Cream, it might be what you're looking for.

Inawera Shisha Strawberry 15.6%
TFA DX Bavarian Cream 5.7%
TFA Vanilla Swirl 4.3%
CAP Sweet Cream 1.9%
TFA Sweetener 2.5%

I'd say, drop the DX Bavarian down to about 4%... increase the Vanilla Swirl to about 5%, and the Sweet Cream to about 3%. Definitely need sweetener -- you wouldn't make a cake without sugar, would you? :)

Andria

Huckleberried

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
I'm a BIG fan of FA Vanilla Classic. LOVE that stuff. I'm not crazy about strawberry vapes, but many like FA Strawberry for a fresh strawberry taste, Caps for a candy strawberry taste and Shisha, as mentioned above, but I haven't tried it yet. For my own tastes, I wouldn't find sweetener necessary. Everything I've ever mixed was sweet enough on it's own. YMMV.

Sounds like a tasty mix, though. Good luck!

Heabob

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
I made a mix of Pomegranate 2.5% + Hangsen Cream 0.5% that was pretty good.
Reminded me of Blueberries or Blackberries sort of.
I'd try adding INW Shisha Strawberry at 1-1.5% to start, or FA should be close to the same.

And, depending on which Vanilla you have.
FA Vanilla Classic 1-2%
TFA Vanilla Swirl 1-3%
INW Vanilla Bourbon 1-2%
DIYFS French Vanilla 1-2% (or pretty much any French Vanilla)

Adding a small amount of Cream to the Vanilla works nice too, as they seem to fit together so well in combination.

FA Marshmallow adds just a touch of sweetness and some body, or fluff. (safe to add to just about anything IMO).

Sweetener is kind of a "last resort", as many mixes really don't need it.

Chrispdx

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
As for strawberry it is going to be trial and error. I would suggest having Atleast two strawberrys in your tool box to start.

Neunerball

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
ECF Refugee
I want to make up one of these. I'm planning on starting the pom at 3%. I'm wondering which strawberry and which vanilla to use and at what percentages? Also should I add a sweetener or marshmallow or would that make it too sweet.

Thanks for any inputs
It's always good to know, what brand of flavors you're referring to. Every brand you utilize has different percentages.

SirErick

Member For 4 Years
The strawberry & cream I do is actually somewhat more like strawberry custard, but if you reduced the DX Bavarian and increased the Vanilla Swirl and Sweet Cream, it might be what you're looking for.

Inawera Shisha Strawberry 15.6%
TFA DX Bavarian Cream 5.7%
TFA Vanilla Swirl 4.3%
CAP Sweet Cream 1.9%
TFA Sweetener 2.5%

I'd say, drop the DX Bavarian down to about 4%... increase the Vanilla Swirl to about 5%, and the Sweet Cream to about 3%. Definitely need sweetener -- you wouldn't make a cake without sugar, would you? :)

Andria
Just made this, turned down the % a little. Wow the custard on the finish is amazing. First time using Shisha strawberry, can't wait to let it steep.

AndriaD

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Just made this, turned down the % a little. Wow the custard on the finish is amazing. First time using Shisha strawberry, can't wait to let it steep.

It really doesn't need to steep, or only maybe 3-ish days or so. It does get a lot stronger and sweeter over time, so it's good you lessened the percentages.

In the last couple weeks while I had a cold, my smeller was totally out of whack, and this great juice really didn't hit me well at all, so I knocked off vaping it for a while. I'm thinking it's time to decrease the percentages, since it's been nearly 2 yrs since I quit the coffin nails. The odd amounts were from my first reduction, 5% on all the ingredients except the sweetener; maybe I'll do a 10% reduction now, from those odd amounts.

Since I quit vaping it for a while, and dedicated the Achilles I was using for it to another juice, it's possible I can get back to vaping it in one of my Kayfuns -- after vaping it for over a year in an Achilles, I just couldn't taste it from a Kayfun; maybe the break from it will have fixed that.

Andria

SirErick

Member For 4 Years
You are right! I wont have to steep 3 weeks.. Not using custards.

I did these %

Shisha Straw 7%
Bavarian 5%
Vanilla Swirl 4%
Sweet Cream 1%
Vanilla classic FA .5% because of Huckleberried:)
Coconut FA .5% for a thicker custard.

3-5 drops of sweetener per 50ml. Still trying to figure out my comfort zone with sweeteners.

Excited about this one!

AndriaD

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
You are right! I wont have to steep 3 weeks.. Not using custards.

I did these %

Shisha Straw 7%
Bavarian 5%
Vanilla Swirl 4%
Sweet Cream 1%
Vanilla classic FA .5% because of Huckleberried:)
Coconut FA .5% for a thicker custard.

3-5 drops of sweetener per 50ml. Still trying to figure out my comfort zone with sweeteners.

Excited about this one!

I've sometimes thought about adding a smidge of coconut to it, just because I sometimes get just a hint of coconut from it, maybe from the vanilla or bavarian, not sure. But the only coconuts I have are the 3 Inawera ones that someone PIFed me a small amount of, to try out, and I'm not really impressed with any of them. They all seem kinda... dry? I think I've got some flavor west coconut cream, but I'm pretty sure it has diketones, so i won't use it.

Andria

Heabob

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
I've sometimes thought about adding a smidge of coconut to it, just because I sometimes get just a hint of coconut from it, maybe from the vanilla or bavarian, not sure. But the only coconuts I have are the 3 Inawera ones that someone PIFed me a small amount of, to try out, and I'm not really impressed with any of them. They all seem kinda... dry? I think I've got some flavor west coconut cream, but I'm pretty sure it has diketones, so i won't use it.

Andria

FA Coconut is pretty decent and it seems to have different effects depending on how much is being used.

AndriaD

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
FA Coconut is pretty decent and it seems to have different effects depending on how much is being used.

I think I need to invest in a lot more FA flavors; I see a lot of interesting recipes around here that use them. FA flavors are mostly all diketone-free, right?

I got off on the wrong foot with FA, when I tried their Virginia; it's just horrible. But I don't like tobacco flavors much at all anymore, so I need to just get over it already. :D

Andria

Heabob

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
I think I need to invest in a lot more FA flavors; I see a lot of interesting recipes around here that use them. FA flavors are mostly all diketone-free, right?

I got off on the wrong foot with FA, when I tried their Virginia; it's just horrible. But I don't like tobacco flavors much at all anymore, so I need to just get over it already. :D

Andria

Far as I know all the FA is D-free, except the Kitchen Magic line, like Whipped Cream.

I tried several of the FA tobaccos and didn't like any myself, they were either to floral or had other things added.
Wanted just Tobacco only, bought a bunch of FE Tobaccos I haven't even tried yet cause I'm not liking the Tobacco types myself anymore.
But a few I did try were pretty good, along with some INW stuff.

HeadInClouds

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Vape Media
Unlisted Vendor

Just a general comment: every pom flavoring I've ever tried is WAY way stronger than every strawberry flavoring I've ever tried. And as they age, even more so. So to get a balance of the two flavors, you'll probably want at least 2:1 or 3:1 strawberry : pom.

Last edited:

AndriaD

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Far as I know all the FA is D-free, except the Kitchen Magic line, like Whipped Cream.

I tried several of the FA tobaccos and didn't like any myself, they were either to floral or had other things added.
Wanted just Tobacco only, bought a bunch of FE Tobaccos I haven't even tried yet cause I'm not liking the Tobacco types myself anymore.
But a few I did try were pretty good, along with some INW stuff.

FE is flavor express, right? Or Tobacco Express for the tobaccos? The virginia in that line is VERY good. Didn't care as much for the Golden Virginia, it had a little of the same taste as the FA virginia, that "rotten celery" taste I call it. But the tobacco express regular Virginia was great, mild, smooth, none of that rotten green-vegetable taste.

I don't like "just tobacco" anymore at all, but some of the sweet mixes are pretty good; the cherry-vanilla pipe tobacco recipe I posted the other day is great! None of the flavoring in it is "in your face," the cherry OR the tobacco; it's just mild and sweet and you get a hint of the cherry, a hint of the smokiness.

Andria

formernuke

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Made up a batch, pretty good I'm going to steap it for a while and see. I've found I like taking a base recipe and playing around with it.

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

VU Sponsors