Become a Patron!

to Invest OR Not to invest is the question...

to invest or not invest

• NO save your $$$

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

DaBunny

Silver Contributor
Member For 2 Years
Sep. 9th seems to be looming ever so near...

NOW...
I was NOT one that went Crazy when toilet paper was in fear of low supply..
I did not Invest in NEW Programs when the Y2K scare happen..

YET i do stock up in BULK on Hard to get items.
or use alot and thats a GREAT price no shelf life.

so i ask myself ...
should i get a LOT of stock of EVERYTHING that i use and like in surplus.
batterys,,, nicore, VG, PG, a couple more tesla mods.. MORE DEAD RABBITS,, Bacon
and Flavors... LOTS of da LARGE size Flavors dat I like..

or NOT.

cuz i don't wanna get stuck in da black market of the unknown.

11 Days to 9/9 and counting

Huckleberried

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
Over a 4 year period, I've stocked, when I can, on stuff that I've used often and really like. Some of those items are really hard to get now. Don't know what the future really holds, so I feel better prepared, than not. Pretty much everything I own is at the lower end of the cost spectrum, or purchased 2nd hand from a member of the forum.

Mods/RTAs/RDAs/Glass
Nic (could be taxed HEAVILY in the near future), and I'm happier to have paid less than $5000 for a liter.
Spare parts (when I can find them)

Stuff I feel safer not stocking, since I feel like they'll be more available still::

Flavors, used in the food industry and don't want to take a chance on spoilage or flavor loss.
PG/VG, used in beauty and soap making.
Wire, since I can use kanthal if I have to, though I do have several spools for my simple single round wire builds.
Wicking, because I buy it at a beauty supply.
Batteries, at least at this time.

If they come back and miraculously tell us that they''ll let us live our lives freely, ha, then those of us stocked, can sell, pif, or whatever we choose.

Several of us have talked about this for years, have tried to encourage people to become self sufficient. Learn to build, learn to mix. Me, I don't want to go back to smoking.

wildgypsy70

“Widgy Pidgy”
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon

NOW...

so i ask myself ...
batterys,,, nicore, VG, PG, a couple more tesla mods.. MORE DEAD RABBITS,, Bacon

or NOT.

I would.

I don’t want to ever go back to smoking. Ever. I don’t want to take a chance that things I need won’t be there. So I’ve spent 4 years slowly stocking up.

Take Hucks advice. Grab what you can of your favorite RDA/RTAs. Get a few mech mods....take care of them and they’ll outlive you. If you use tanks, get spare glass. Get spare o rings. Get squonk bottles. GET NICOTINE. All other diy stuff is ok, for now. I’m hoping we can sneak packages by from China and Europe, but it is taking a chance.

Wire and cotton can be had somewhere. But if you find a good deal, might as well stock up!

~Don~

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
This is my take on everything for us that DIY.

Wire: I see zero issue moving forward obtaining

VG/PG: I see zero issue...

Flavoring: I see zero issue...

Nic: I see no immediate issue, it’s not a completed juice compound as described by deeming regs.

Batteries: I see no immediate issue...

Cotton: I see zero issues...

Now, if you’re worried, sure buy up enough nic, this is the one thing all DIYrs should of stock and or stocked, worst case is plain vg/pg/nic... it’s not awful, but as many of us rather have flavored

Additionally... if you’re a puff bar, drop in coil vaper... yeah you will need to convert to DIY or buy years worth...

One thing I saw a lot of members do and at first I chuckled... then I was like... man these peeps are brilliant... they bought up older gear (sub ohm tanks) for pennies on the dollar... like old Smok tanks that came with 5-10 coils for under $9... and seeing them buy 20 of these deals... that’s 100-200 coils... and spare parts galore, which can easily be 18 months of vaping enjoyment for $10 a month... Brilliant!

Anyway, buy or not, nic is the only thing that I have any concern about and have 8 years worth...

I’ll probably for shits and giggles buy 4 more 150ml pg Salt nic to round it off to 12 years, and honestly if I’m vaping still then... I just suck at life

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

JuicyLucy

My name is Lucy and I am a squonkaholic
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years

NOW...

so i ask myself ...

or NOT.

Oh hell, even the price of VG tripled for awhile there due to the pandemic - everyone was buying it up for hand sanitizer

You do what you feel is right - I didn't panic buy TP either

But, few will have pity on you and I will not share my four-years-of-hoarding all of the above mentioned supplies when the Deeming Regs do kick in - I sure hope they don't, but it's not like the FDA hasn't been warning us

Bare minimum: nicotine, some mech mods and plenty of decent rebuildable atomizers and whatever spare parts you can glean for the hardware

While Nic will not fall under the Deeming Regs, the above-mentioned pending outrageous tax will make it near impossible for regular people to afford

The Cromwell

I am a BOT
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Like Huck and others I have been prepping for the coming vape apocalypse since before 8-8-2016.
Remember that anything not on the US market prior to 8-8-2016 was not legal to be sold.
That all got delayed. for enforcement only, still was not legal to be sold.
I have been picking up vape stuff I found I liked and was cheap and suited me, along with spare parts for it. Most is not available any more.
But I like it and it serves me well. Have been daily vaping my first Pico Squeeze for over 2 years. Daily vaping with a 50W Kbox mini for over 4 years. Picked up 9 more of each before they were discontinued and have less money in the 20 of them than some spend on one mod.
Most were $20 or less each. Have about 75 replacement bottles for the Squeezes as well.
Plus about 30 other low to moderate priced mechs and regulated mods.
About 40 atomizers of various types, most picked up on clearance but were ones I like.
along with lots of spare glass and Orings, etc.

I pretty much quit prepping over a year ago and have only picked up a few odds and ends good deals since then. I have spent under $100 on vape hardware over the past year. And even during my most aggressive months of vape gear acquisition. I never spent over 1/3 of what smoking would have cost me.
For the past 2-3 years my monthly vape cost has been in the neighborhood of $20 on average.

In summary all told I have spent less on vaping than I would have spent on 1 years worth of smoking and have enough vape stuff to last the rest of my life and have been smoke free for 5.5 years.
A big win from my point of view.

DIY? No issues with it and the Sept 9 date as Lucy and others have stated.

Last edited:

Ms. Trixy

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Reddit Exile
VU Patreon
I'll be stocking up from now until Labor Day. I'll be cutting it close on Labor Day but there is sure to be some amazing sales going on. Actually, I believe sales could start as early as 9/1. I knew you were already prepped, @The Cromwell . Same with you, @JuicyLucy .

I have enough nic for a lifetime. I can always get flavorings. I'll order VG though since I accidently OD'd on PG at the onset.
I have flavoring from 2016 and 2017. Do you think they're still good? Been in the fridge since I got them. I have a few that are not though.
2020 has to be the worse year for all of us. The stocking up of our vape gear is the only thing that can be considered safe compared to COVID-19.

@Huckleberried I'm going to follow your protocol. That seems the most logical to me.
@DaBunny How are you doing with all of this now?
@~Don~ I've already got an order coming for my newly found Vaptasia 12mg Blackberry and Pink Lemonade. I'm lucky is it's a BOGO!
I'm well stocked on my others so I can finally delve into DIY with a vengeance.

And I found out 3 days ago that AZ is proposing a flavor ban. I didn't see that coming.

Carambrda

Platinum Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Now would be an excellent time to buy a few good mech mods. Ones that don't have issues, are easy to maintain, and are comfortable to use would be your best option IMO. And maybe also consider the fact a pure solid silver firing contact can lessen the arcing damage significantly so that it will be loads easier to maintain so, unless you don't mind having to remove the high points (just the high points...) on the firing contacts' surfaces (and on the battery, if the firing switch is not the constant contact type of firing switch) multiple times per day with the Heavy Duty version of 3M scouring pads, look specifically for mechs that either are already equipped with a pure solid silver firing contact such as the Clutch mech mod, to name only one example (and one that isn't all too expensive) or are upgradable in the particular sense that the firing contact can easily be replaced due to you being able to still buy the matching solid silver firing contact upgrade part for them, before it will finally be too late.

The same with RBAs... stockpile on the good quality ones that also have your preference. But if you are mostly into RTAs rather than RDAs, you might want to also stockpile on matching spare glasses so choose wisely, and, for squonkers (if you use them) the spare quonk bottles will also eventually be needed. As for regulated mods, yes, if you haven't yet learned how to handle a mech, buying a few additional regulated mods will give you more time to do the learning. That leaves only the bottles of nicotine base liquid that you can store in the freezer for many years to come, and maybe also some juices if you don't know anyone trustworthy who can DIY mix juices for you and you haven't yet learned DIY mixing.

DaBunny

Silver Contributor
Member For 2 Years
I'll be stocking up from now until Labor Day. I'll be cutting it close on Labor Day but there is sure to be some amazing sales going on.
@Huckleberried I'm going to follow your protocol. That seems the most logical to me.
@DaBunny How are you doing with all of this now?
And I found out 3 days ago that AZ is proposing a flavor ban. I didn't see that coming.
well still confused.. wish the gov would not screw this up for us.
yes us as in 2 sparkey and i to watch out for.
yet am looking at 10 new dead rabbits for reserve
10 in play 4 in reserve so 10 more
have never broke a glass yet {knocks wood} so would have 24 total in reserve
and the tesla I LIKE they don't make anymore.
Tesal thanks.jpg

{{ got my first 2 here at VU loved em so much got 2 more from fast tec}}

is there a differnt SINGLE 18650 Battery mod NOT some heavy sucker.
a nice little mod like what I just LOVE of GOOD quality i should be looking at.
an NO I CAN NOT AFFORD those wonderful hardwood custom mods.
unless its da DEAL OF THE CENTURY.

Last edited:

Creature0069

VU Donator
Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
well still confused.. wish the gov would not screw this up for us.
yes us as in 2 sparkey and i to watch out for.
yet am looking at 10 new dead rabbits for reserve
10 in play 4 in reserve so 10 more
have never broke a glass yet {knocks wood} so would have 24 total in reserve
and the tesla I LIKE they don't make anymore.
View attachment 167943

{{ got my first 2 here at VU loved em so much got 2 more from fast tec}}

is there a differnt SINGLE 18650 Battery mod NOT some heavy sucker.
a nice little mod like what I just LOVE of GOOD quality i should be looking at.
an NO I CAN NOT AFFORD those wonderful hardwood custom mods.
unless its da DEAL OF THE CENTURY.

Asmodus has a 50% off sale (if you spend $50 or more). You could get 2 of these for the price of one. https://www.asmodus.com/collections...us-colossal-80w-box-mod?variant=9056461815873

Most of my single battery mods are squonkers and mechs. I'm sure someone will have other recommendations here soon.

Huckleberried

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
Asmodus has a 50% off sale (if you spend $50 or more). You could get 2 of these for the price of one. https://www.asmodus.com/collections...us-colossal-80w-box-mod?variant=9056461815873

Most of my single battery mods are squonkers and mechs. I'm sure someone will have other recommendations here soon.
I have that mod, picked up more of them because I really like it. It does have a touch screen, not everyone cares for those. Once I got used to the screen, it doesn't bother me. Nice hand feel, too.

Creature0069

VU Donator
Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I have that mod, picked up more of them because I really like it. It does have a touch screen, not everyone cares for those. Once I got used to the screen, it doesn't bother me. Nice hand feel, too.

I have the touch screen on the Luna. I actually like it a lot just for the fact I can't change the wattage by accident as I'm known to do quite often since I never lock my devices. lol

DaBunny

Silver Contributor
Member For 2 Years

thanks for noticing never a sqanker have i ever REALLY seen.
YET O MY I love THIS..
1598800554330.png
I LOVE the way you can change settings { Dats why i love da tesla}

ONLY THING... is sparkey. 2 sec an in his hands SWIP he have dem setting so screwed up
I be ready to ring his neck..
{{example : the moto cel phone can to go RING RING if ya don't go swipping an randomly pushing buttons}}

could get it for me yet he would swipe it SCREW IT UP
an I still be ready to ring his neck.
yet dang dats cool! PERFECT SIZE..

will be discussed... i like it

DaBunny

Silver Contributor
Member For 2 Years
Thank you thank you thank you
after watching that and seeing how you have to go into your setting to
set your ohms EVERY TIME you change your top..
That would drive ME nuts.
I kept looking

like the single trigger action of da tesla.
WANT the small size.
kept looking
well look at that.. same thing with HOLES down the sides.
1598810085260.png
and if i don't like the holes can always swap da sleeves with da old ones.
PERFECT!
sold
order.jpg

put a fork in me AM DONE!

arn't I?
or is der ANYTHING ELSE am going to really regret if i don't get it now.
10 days and counting.

Last edited:

wildgypsy70

“Widgy Pidgy”
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon

Agreed with this one. I have one and may try for another. Pretty colors and fits well in the hand. Pretty decent battery life, as well.

DaBunny

Silver Contributor
Member For 2 Years
Agreed with this one. I have one and may try for another. Pretty colors and fits well in the hand. Pretty decent battery life, as well.
your TEMPTING ME!

cut it out.. dats da FIRST mod i looked at seriously.
{am a big mozart fan} ...so they spell ike i do.
and it is sexy as all sin.
yet at that time thought thats a lot to program that thing.
now i understand more and still seems a lot more then really needed.
I like high tech idiot proof...

Last edited:

DaBunny

Silver Contributor
Member For 2 Years
ok got a couple more liters of nicotine so now 7 liters total for the freezer had 5
and just cuz got another gallon of VG have a lot of pg on hand an i use more VG
river supply has a heck of a clearance sale going on lots of flavors for under a buck.
sooooooooooo tosses a ?? few ?? in da cart.
60 cents ya can't go wrong espically when its what you already like. :rolleyes:

so if am careful should be okdoky for a good long time.
and all this CRAZY shopping today still cost less then the total of
One month of our old smoking days.

should be criminal to ban vaping.

Huckleberried

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
Thank you thank you thank you
after watching that and seeing how you have to go into your setting to
set your ohms EVERY TIME you change your top..
That would drive ME nuts.
I kept looking
Not sure what you mean, I have mine set and left it. Took me a minute to get used to a touch screen, but I haven't had any issues at all with it.

And the WYE 2... I have 2 of those. Love how lightweight it is. I won't take it to work, I drop shit too much. Jackaroo goes to work with me. It takes my abuse.

DaBunny

Silver Contributor
Member For 2 Years
Not sure what you mean, I have mine set and left it. Took me a minute to get used to a touch screen, but I haven't had any issues at all with it.

And the WYE 2... I have 2 of those. Love how lightweight it is. I won't take it to work, I drop shit too much. Jackaroo goes to work with me. It takes my abuse.

I have sparkey.. he is 73 now and not very good at not going nuts with the swipes and buttons.
the moto cel phone example is true. i get scolded all the time cuz i called and you did not answeer.
never heard the phone ring it was just my sparkey swipping and randomly pressing buttons AGAIN.

THIS HAS to be taken into concideration...

the WYE series is sweet. i love the light weight and way it fits in your hand
just feels right. and best of all sparkey can not swipe his way into the setting.

yet i love that baby Asmodus i think its REALLY neat.

and my issue at timing19:28/28.33 in the video he talks about going into the setting to
change the ohms.

I swap out atomizers all the time. so i like the easy operation of the WYE bassicaly automatic

nadalama

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Patreon
are you saying i should get wire to????
o geezzzzzzzzzzz
have you folks ever relized how much i HATE shopping?
make me want to smoke... picks up er tesla an vapes off @wildgypsy70 lemony pie.

see ya saved me again!

Let's just say this: I want to be able to decide what kind of wire I use, so I stocked up on wire as much as I could.

The Cromwell

I am a BOT
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I never viewed buying vape stuff as a financial investment.

All consumables to me. Just much cheaper than smoking and FAR less unhealthy.

investment in living longer? Yep.
Saved my life nope? But VERY likely extended it some.

DaBunny

Silver Contributor
Member For 2 Years
just thought i tell ya..
moo cow man just stopped by asking if we wanted corn.
said he was calling all day YESTERDAY... no answeer

sparkeyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy....... i sware

VU Sponsors