Staff member
VU Administrator
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Press Corps
Member For 5 Years
Mod Team Leader
http://www.richmond.com/opinion/the...cle_d8ddb511-ab86-564c-8534-3acd01fb11fa.html

This has to be one of the WORSE takes on the FDA's deeming regulations that I have ever heard.

Thia asshole keeps calling vaping "tobacco products" over and over.

I don't know about you, but I don't feel that the stroke of a pen magically turns a battery, some wire, or even nicotine into "tobacco"

Oh wait, this explains it - A Big Tobacco corporate suck up FDA dick rider:

"Joe Murillo is vice president, regulatory affairs, for Altria Client Services, which provides professional services and support to Altria Group and its operating companies. Altria, which is based in Richmond, is one of the world’s largest tobacco companies."

Now I understand why he doesn't give a shit about us vapers - 5150

freemind

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
I don't agree with or like it either.

However, we already opened Pandora's box.

I can't buy cold medicine without showing my ID and signing for it because it is considered a "precursor". Because of the war on drugs, one thing is automatically classed as something else.

Welcome to politics!

gingerbread

Silver Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years

I can't buy cold medicine without showing my ID and signing for it because it is considered a "precursor". Because of the war on drugs, one thing is automatically classed as something else.

Welcome to politics!
ID and signing for cold medicine :eek:. What's as happened to the land of the free? :crazy:

gingerbread

Silver Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
I'm not that new here...lol, and I thought I had more posts than this!
Really! I never thought in a million years that us in the EU would be the only ones with common sence. Well you can blow me down with a feather.

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

gingerbread

Silver Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
That's like saying gonorrhea is better than syphilis. :D
Maybe it is wouldn't know mate. Given the choice (which we don't have) of the FDA regs and the EU regs which each EU country can interpret into their own laws. I'll take what we've got in the UK. Further my government and established medical community is pro vaping l am very happy with that notion.

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

5150sick

Under Ground Hustler
Staff member
VU Administrator
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Press Corps
Member For 5 Years
Mod Team Leader

Welcome to politics!

That is because m*th heads were going into stores and buying all of it then flooding the streets with garbage 6 hours later.
It IS a precursor since m*th is now as popular as the other big two hard drugs (H & C).

I just can't see ANYTHING as a tobacco product except maybe eliquid with nic in it. (and that's a stretch)

All a vendor would have to do is start selling "dry herb" vaporizers and put "not for use with nicotine" on the box.
What would the FDA do?
Dry Herb is legal in some capacity in half of the United States and probably 2/3 of the US after the elections.

I just don't think that their logic will hold up in a court of law:

1) Eliquid with nicotine is a tobacco product because it has nicotine derived from tobacco in it.

2) A mod or Atty is a tobacco product because it CAN POSSIBLY be used with eliquid that has nicotine derived from tobacco in it.

3) Eliquid that DOESN'T contain nicotine is a tobacco product because it can be used in a mod or atty since they are tobacco products.

I can't see 2 or 3 holding up in a court of law because like I said if 2 can be proven wrong (dry herb vaporizers) then 3 can not even exist.

Last edited:

freemind

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
That is because m*th heads were going into stores and buying all of it then flooding the streets with garbage 6 hours later.
It IS a precursor since m*th is now as popular as the other big two hard drugs (H & C).

I just can't see ANYTHING as a tobacco product except maybe eliquid with nic in it. (and that's a stretch)

All a vendor would have to do is start selling "dry herb" vaporizers and put "not for use with nicotine" on the box.
What would the FDA do?
D** Herb is legal in some capacity in half of the United States and probably 2/3 of the US after the elections.

I just don't think that their logic will hold up in a court of law:

1) Eliquid with nicotine is a tobacco product because it has nicotine derived from tobacco in it.

2) A mod or Atty is a tobacco product because it CAN POSSIBLY be used with eliquid that has nicotine derived from tobacco in it.

3) Eliquid that DOESN'T contain nicotine is a tobacco product because it can be used in a mod or atty since they are tobacco products.

I can't see 2 or 3 holding up in a court of law because like I said if 2 can be proven wrong (d** herb vaporizers) then 3 can not even exist.
What you refer to, is STILL classified as a schedule 1 substance. Just like H and C.

Even the "glass" stuff falls under the regs.

Unless someone with A LOT of money enters the fight, it WILL stand.

5150sick

Under Ground Hustler
Staff member
VU Administrator
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Press Corps
Member For 5 Years
Mod Team Leader
What you refer to, is STILL classified as a schedule 1 substance. Just like H and C.

Even the "glass" stuff falls under the regs.

Unless someone with A LOT of money enters the fight, it WILL stand.

I am confused at the fact that all of the stoner groups have remained silent during the deeming.
They use vaporizers and have come out against bans and taxes in the past.

Jim_MDP

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I don't know about you, but I don't feel that the stroke of a pen magically turns a battery, some wire, or even nicotine into "tobacco"

Unless you're Tom... it would be nice if you noted when you quote someone.

From the comments section on your link...

----
"T***********
Big Tobacco doesn't care about vaping or all of the millions of vapers who quit smoking using open system vapor products.
You want proof? Just read the article above.

I am not stupid evough to believe that the stroke of a pen on August 8th 2016 magically turned metal tanks, batteries, and some wire & cotton into "tobacco".
I doubt a Judge will be that stupid either."
----

Quoting without citation is wrong on many levels, but in a casual "non-commercial" context it makes it difficult to distinguish your thoughts from those you've reproduced... and you wouldn't want that. ;)

And if you are Tom... there's no "v" in enough. :D

5150sick

Under Ground Hustler
Staff member
VU Administrator
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Press Corps
Member For 5 Years
Mod Team Leader

Jim_MDP

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Cool beans (the first reply... though it'd be great if you can edit a media page comment).
I actually checked your profile page first but managed to miss the FB nik. Sorry.

:p

5150sick

Under Ground Hustler
Staff member
VU Administrator
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Press Corps
Member For 5 Years
Mod Team Leader
Cool beans (the first reply... though it'd be great if you can edit a media page comment).
I actually checked your profile page first but managed to miss the FB nik. Sorry.

:p

I edited it. The "V" is now an "N" :stars:

AndriaD

Yes, I DO wear a mask! I'm vaccinated, too!
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
I am confused at the fact that all of the stoner groups have remained silent during the deeming.

Probably because stoners don't really give a shit what the law says -- they're gonna do what they do, regardless of law. :)

Andria

Jim_MDP

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I edited it. The "V" is now an "N" :stars:

That was just a dig. I needed something to end with in case you were the author. :p

I don't feel so bad about not seeing an FB nik... I've looked again at both your VU profile page and the comment on the linked site and nothing pops out.

But... I'm not an FB user (and don't have an FB plugin... whatever that is) so things may display differently for me.

5150sick

Under Ground Hustler
Staff member
VU Administrator
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Press Corps
Member For 5 Years
Mod Team Leader
I'm not an FB user (and don't have an FB plugin... whatever that is) so things may display differently for me.

That must be what it is.

freemind

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years

Probably because it isn't going to affect them. It is a legal substance in their State, so what makes you think devices will be affected there?

It will however, have an affect in States where it isn't legal.

AndriaD

Yes, I DO wear a mask! I'm vaccinated, too!
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Probably because it isn't going to affect them. It is a legal substance in their State, so what makes you think devices will be affected there?

It will however, have an affect in States where it isn't legal.

I think it won't affect them because they don't care about law -- devices will still be available, but you might have to go to the local Starship or other similar store to find them -- at a huge markup.

Andria

VU Sponsors