Become a Patron!

Tobaccomisu

VAPESWAPSHOP

VU Donator
Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Tobacco/Tiramisu mix
I ordered FA Virginia because I heard good things but it is a very strong one to work with imo. When I smell it and taste it I distinctly get a coffee bean aroma from it. I am not a big coffee fan but I knew this flavor would mix well with it seeing how similar they were. Added some others to boost the non espresso part of the tiramisu and even at this percent without the tpa smooth it was tasty, just extremely strong in coffee/tobacco, to me anyways. If you make this and dont have smooth you may want to try it cut in half first. If not just let it steep, it is a tobacco after all and booster is a steeper too I believe. Hope you like it!

Tobaccomisu N.W.
Ingredient %
Acetyl Pyrazine 5% 0.1
Black Fire (FA) 0.5
Booster (Tiramisu) (FA) 1.25
Bourbon (Vanilla Bourbon) (FA) 1
Cookie (Biscotto) (FA) 0.5
Cream Fresh (FA) 1
Double Chocolate (Clear) (TPA) 0.5
Marshmallow (FA) 1
Smooth (TPA) 0.25
Virginia (FA) 2

Flavor total: 8.1%

HvyMtl

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Ever try Hangsens Virginia? I think it's the best available. I'm vaping it right now. Nice looking recipe.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

VAPESWAPSHOP

VU Donator
Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Ever try Hangsens Virginia? I think it's the best available. I'm vaping it right now. Nice looking recipe.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I got Hanseng 555 and its nice but seems light and I havent figured a good % for mixing with it yet but 2-4% doesnt seem enough and thats quite odd for a tobacco. I heard with Hanseng flavors you need to use around 10%? I tried researching some popular tobaccos but opinions about them are mostly scattered and different, plus theres soooo many bad ones out there!! I am looking particularly for american type cig flavor and many have other notes in them that throws it off for me. Trying to make some really great cig vapes for friends that need to quit. Im convinced if they taste a better version than the real thing in a recipe that they like, itll be easy for them to put it down!

scotdc

Member For 4 Years
I got Hanseng 555 and its nice but seems light and I havent figured a good % for mixing with it yet but 2-4% doesnt seem enough and thats quite odd for a tobacco. I heard with Hanseng flavors you need to use around 10%? I tried researching some popular tobaccos but opinions about them are mostly scattered and different, plus theres soooo many bad ones out there!! I am looking particularly for american type cig flavor and many have other notes in them that throws it off for me. Trying to make some really great cig vapes for friends that need to quit. Im convinced if they taste a better version than the real thing in a recipe that they like, itll be easy for them to put it down!
Hangsen are some of the best tasting tobaccos out there in my opinion, nice tobacco flavor but without the harshness and ashy qualities of FA tobaccos, Inawera a close second.

I find them best at 6% to 7%, steeped for 3 to 4 weeks. Try HA Desert Ship, which is nothing like FA Desert Ship.

VAPESWAPSHOP

VU Donator
Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Hangsen are some of the best tasting tobaccos out there in my opinion, nice tobacco flavor but without the harshness and ashy qualities of FA tobaccos, Inawera a close second.
I find them best at 6% to 7%, steeped for 3 to 4 weeks. Try HA Desert Ship, which is nothing like FA Desert Ship.
Do you happen to have the 555? I am not complaining about Hanseng in general just hoping someone had a % the HA 555 worked well at. I DO like the flavor of this tobacco so my next Marb smooth mix I make I will try it at around 6-7%........What kind of notes other than tobacco does that desert ship have? Looking for good simple, plain tobaccos that I can use fairly universally in different tobacco mixes.

Ever try Hangsens Virginia?
Is this the type tobacco I am looking for? you use it around 6-7% too?

AndriaD

Yes, I DO wear a mask! I'm vaccinated, too!
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
I think the "Flavor Express" ("Tobacco Express") Virginia is the best I've tried. I thought FA's Virginia tasted a lot like rotten celery when it sits in the crisper for 6 months until it liquefies. Ugh.

Andria

scotdc

Member For 4 Years
Do you happen to have the 555? I am not complaining about Hanseng in general just hoping someone had a % the HA 555 worked well at. I DO like the flavor of this tobacco so my next Marb smooth mix I make I will try it at around 6-7%........What kind of notes other than tobacco does that desert ship have? Looking for good simple, plain tobaccos that I can use fairly universally in different tobacco mixes.

Is this the type tobacco I am looking for? you use it around 6-7% too?
I recommended Desert Ship because you said you were looking for a tobacco that was simple without "other notes." Desert Ship is a nice smooth tobacco that many have compared to smoking Camel cigs. Hangsen doesn't have the spicy and herbal notes of other Desert Ship varieties, and I use it universally in several mixes with nuts, bakery notes, etc.

If by Hangsen 555 you mean Highway (I don't know of one specifically named 555), yes use it at the same percentages as Desert Ship, 6% to 8% depending on how you like it. Mix a sample at 6% and another at 8% and see what you like. Percentages usually hold true for each manufacturer, Hangsen at 6% to 8%, Inawera at 2% to 4%, Flavourart at 3% to 5% and so on. Of course there are exceptions to each, but in general it's a good place to start.

Do yourself a favor and dial in the tobacco percentage first by making stand alone samples, then when you find the percentage you like you can begin to make mixes or just add the ingredients to the steeped tobacco.

Trust me, I went through this too because I wanted to make a great recipes, but that's a mistake. Get a good sense of everything alone first - you should make a small sample of every flavor and take notes before you try a recipe. When you have a good grasp on your individual ingredients you can make better recipes by knowing what flavors you are adding into it.

scotdc

Member For 4 Years
I think the "Flavor Express" ("Tobacco Express") Virginia is the best I've tried. I thought FA's Virginia tasted a lot like rotten celery when it sits in the crisper for 6 months until it liquefies. Ugh.

Andria
I've found most Virginia tobaccos to be a bit grassy in taste, but then again, I haven't tried them all. Still, I can't recommend them either.

AndriaD

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
I've found most Virginia tobaccos to be a bit grassy in taste, but then again, I haven't tried them all. Still, I can't recommend them either.

The Tobacco Express one doesn't have that grassy, vegetative taste, but light, dry, faintly bitter-sweet... almost ciderish. I used to make my virginia by mixing together MFS' Virginia with PipeSauce "Oak Barrel cider" and a smidge of cinnamon, and that combo quite resembled the taste of the Virginia slims cigarettes I smoked for 30+ yrs. I havent' vaped it in nearly 2 yrs though; once I tasted fruit, and pastry-flavored vapes, there was no going back to tobacco, especially not the bitter cigarette kind; now, I can tolerate a little sweet tobacco or sweet smoky flavor mixed in with other flavors -- smocha, cherry-vanilla pipe tobacco, that sort of thing.

Andria

HvyMtl

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
I don't think Hangsens does, either. A lot of people like Desert Ship so that was a good recommendation. Another is Arabic. And to the op yes, depending on the flavor I use anywhere from 6-8%. Something like red USA mix is a stronger flavor already so I'd use 6 on that.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

AndriaD

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Oh man, I got a sample of that stuff when I first started vaping.... soooooo goddamn good!

Yes, though it was a little sweeter than what I wanted -- it was the first one that actually reminded me in any way of the taste of my cigarettes (Virginia Slims).

I also liked PipeSauce's "Long Bottom Leaf", but their juice is sooooooooo high in VG, I had to eventually toss 'em out; no way I could vape them. When I added Oak Barrel Cider to my Virginia, I was only using a smidge, to get a little of that cidery taste. I initially started working on my "Smocha" mix as an attempt at a clone of Long Bottom Leaf... and it might have gotten close, but never really hit it. It still turned out pretty good though. :)

Andria

riverdan

VU Donator
Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Now that I think of it. I think it was the sweet georgia peach that I really like from them. Now I need to order some!

This looks like an awesome recipe. Can i substitute double chocolate with Caramel, butterscotch or vanilla custard??or witj graham cracker? Which option will be the best?
Tobacco/Tiramisu mix
I ordered FA Virginia because I heard good things but it is a very strong one to work with imo. When I smell it and taste it I distinctly get a coffee bean aroma from it. I am not a big coffee fan but I knew this flavor would mix well with it seeing how similar they were. Added some others to boost the non espresso part of the tiramisu and even at this percent without the tpa smooth it was tasty, just extremely strong in coffee/tobacco, to me anyways. If you make this and dont have smooth you may want to try it cut in half first. If not just let it steep, it is a tobacco after all and booster is a steeper too I believe. Hope you like it!

Tobaccomisu N.W.
Ingredient %
Acetyl Pyrazine 5% 0.1
Black Fire (FA) 0.5
Booster (Tiramisu) (FA) 1.25
Bourbon (Vanilla Bourbon) (FA) 1
Cookie (Biscotto) (FA) 0.5
Cream Fresh (FA) 1
Double Chocolate (Clear) (TPA) 0.5
Marshmallow (FA) 1
Smooth (TPA) 0.25
Virginia (FA) 2