Become a Patron!

Today's Best Gaming Deal: The Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword HD for Nintendo Switch Is on Sale

Status
Not open for further replies.

VUBot

Staff member
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Vape Media
The Legend of Zelda: Skyword Sword HD is the latest entry in this legendary Nintendo series to get the HD treatment. While it's not the WInd Waker revival many of us hoped we'd see come to Switch, it's arguably an overdue remastering of one of the more divisive Zelda games out there. Make sure to check out our Skyward Sword HD review to see what reviewer Travis Northup thinks of it.

With Breath of the Wild 2 not coming out until next year, this is the best chance to scratch that Legend of Zelda itch until 2022. The good news is this new-release game is on sale, which is perfect since I paid full price on the Nintendo eShop like a sucker. Don't be like me. Seize this opportunity.

Zelda: Skyward Sword HD Deal​

[poilib element="commerceDeal" parameters="slug=the-legend-of-zelda-skyward-sword-hd-deal"]

More Opportunities to Save on Zelda Games​

Of course, there are lots of opportunities to play Zelda on your Nintendo Switch, this is just the latest. You can still pick up The Legend of Zelda: Link's Awakening on sale, although the price drop is not quite as dramatic as it was during Prime Day. There's also Breath of the Wild, my pick for best Switch game of all time and maybe my pick for the best game of all time. And hey, guess what? Breath of the Wild is marked down 25% right now.

If you'd rather go a little more old-school with your Zelda games, you can play The Legend of Zelda, The Legend of Zelda II and The Legend of Zelda: A Link to the Past through the Nintendo Online service. There's actually a deal going on right now, where you can get a 128GB microSD card and a 12-month subscription to Nintendo Online for $46.98, or you can just sign up for 12-months of Nintendo Online for $19.99.

Looking a little further down the pike, you can still preorder the Legend of Zelda Game & Watch at some retailers, and you can preorder Breath of the Wild 2 right now, in spite of the fact we know that's not the official name. What an age we live in.

[widget path="global/article/imagegallery" parameters="slug=the-legend-of-zelda-skyward-sword-hd-screenshots&captions=true"]

[poilib element="accentDivider"]
Seth Macy is IGN's Executive Editor, Commerce.

Continue reading...

Status
Not open for further replies.

VU Sponsors