Tom Hardy Was an Extra During Filming For The Matrix Resurrections

Status
Not open for further replies.

VUBot

Staff member
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Vape Media
The Matrix Resurrections may feature a surprise cameo from none other than Tom Hardy – if his scenes make the film’s final cut.

During an interview with Den of Geek, actress Jessica Henwick , who stars in The Matrix Resurrections, revealed that she might be spotted in the background of some scenes along with Venom star, Tom Hardy.

“We were filming in San Francisco at the same time as Venom 2, and I met Tom Hardy,” she revealed. “And so, Tom Hardy and I are running in the background of one of the scenes. And I’m so curious to see whether it made the cut.”

Jessica Henwick stars as Bugs, a new character introduced in the upcoming Matrix sequel. According to Henwick, she would often visit the set on days when she wasn’t filming, just to watch Keanu Reeves and Carrie-Anne Moss.

“I can’t wait to get a digital copy of the film, because I’m actually in the background in a bunch of scenes as me, Jess,” she said. “So, if someone zooms in, they’ll be like, ‘Wait. Is that Bugs in the background, in the mob, running?'”

Henwick has already been quite vocal about the quality of The Matrix Resurrections, claiming that the upcoming sci-fi sequel will “revolutionise” the film industry.

“It’s a trip,” she added. “It’s the nostalgia and seeing Keanu and Carrie Anne on screen, it’s magical to see these two absolute Hollywood heavyweights returning to the characters that made them famous. As a fan, I loved it.”

Henwick also recently revealed that she was forced to choose between The Matrix Resurrections and a role in Shang Chi and the Legend of the Ten Rings.

“It was a red-pill/blue-pill moment for me,” she explained.

The Matrix Resurrections sees the return of Keanu Reeves as Neo, with Carrie-Anne Moss reprising the role of trinity from the original Matrix trilogy. Henwick joins the casts along with newcomer Yahyah Abdul Mateen II who has been cast as a younger version of classic Matrix character, Morpheus.

The Matrix Resurrections heads to theatres and HBO Max on December 22, 2021.

Ryan Leston is an entertainment journalist and film critic for IGN. You can follow him on Twitter.

Continue reading...

Status
Not open for further replies.

VU Sponsors