Tom Holland Hoping for an MCU Spider-Man and Daredevil Team-Up

Status
Not open for further replies.

VUBot

Staff member
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Vape Media
Warning: This article contains spoilers for Spider-Man: No Way Home!

Tom Holland has revealed his hopes for a future MCU team-up between Spider-Man and Daredevil, admitting that he was a "big fan" of the Charlie Cox-led series on Netflix.

Spider-Man: No Way Home featured a ton of fan-pleasing cameos, including a brief on-screen appearance from Charlie Cox's Matt Murdock. Holland recently reflected on the scene he shared with Cox, praising his experience on set with the Daredevil actor and hinting that the crossover "teased the future of what could be" for their characters in the MCU.

"Working with Charlie was incredibly exciting," Holland told The Hollywood Reporter in a recent interview. "I was a big fan of the Daredevil series, and I think he's a fantastic actor. He's done a wonderful job with that character, and albeit it was a small cameo, it obviously teased the future of what could be. It was a real actors' piece, that scene."

"It felt like an actors' workshop while working with people I really look up to, and Charlie was a lot of fun," he continued. "It was really cool to see him snap back into a character that I am really a fan of and that he has a lot of love for, obviously. So it was pretty awesome, and I hope that one day we find a way for Spider-Man and Daredevil to team up again."

No Way Home saw Cox reprise his role as Matt Murdock for the first time since 2018, though instead of suiting up as Daredevil, he suits up to play Peter Parker's lawyer in a scene with Marisa Tomei's Aunt May and Jon Favreau's Happy Hogan together with Holland's Spider-Man, who is facing trouble after being framed for murder and having his identity unmasked.

The two characters only shared a fleeting moment together on-screen but it looks like we'll be getting even more of Cox's cameo when No Way Home arrives on Blu-ray and DVD. The discs will apparently boast over 100 minutes of bonus footage, including some deleted scenes — one of which is titled "Happy's Very Good Lawyer," running for 1 minute and 35 seconds.

In addition to its Blu-ray and DVD release, No Way Home will swing its way to Starz "sometime over the next six months." Many people had hoped that the third Holland Spider-Man movie would go to Netflix and Disney+, especially after the deals Sony made with the streaming giants, however, their deals only covered Sony's films from 2022-2022.

Adele Ankers-Range is a freelance writer for IGN. Follow her on Twitter.

Continue reading...

Status
Not open for further replies.

VU Sponsors