Tom Holland Remembers How He Discovered Uncharted While Filming Spider-Man

Status
Not open for further replies.

VUBot

Staff member
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Vape Media
When Tom Holland wasn't swinging around the set of Spider-Man: Homecoming, he was swinging around Madagascar with Nathan Drake's grappling hook. Speaking on-stage at CES 2022, Holland described his first experience with Naughty Dog's iconic video game franchise, which eventually led him to take the role of Nathan Drake in the new movie series.

It seems that Sony, producer of both the Spider-Man and Uncharted franchises, provided Holland with a PlayStation in his trailer while filming Spider-Man: Homecoming in 2016. It was here that Holland first jumped into Drake's shoes and the world of Uncharted.

“I'm a huge fan of the games. I hadn’t discovered the games until I started making Spider-Man: Homecoming,” Holland said. “And one of the luxuries of making these Spider-Man movies is they’re made by Sony, and one of the luxuries of working for Sony is PlayStation. So all the actors’ trailers were outfitted with the best TVs and the newest PlayStation, and one of the games they'd given me was Uncharted."

Holland got hooked on the franchise after starting it, to the point that the Spider-Man crew apparently struggled to get Holland out of his trailer and back to work.

“So my best friend and I while we were making Spider-Man 1 started playing the Uncharted series," Holland said. "As soon as we started we didn’t stop. I remember them trying to drag me out of my trailer to come back to set, I was like ‘No no no, we’re about to complete this mission, leave me alone!’”

Holland says it was after he started playing the games that he and Sony began discussing his part in the Uncharted movie.

The Uncharted movie is just a few weeks away, coming to theaters on February 11 in the UK, and February 18 in the US. The movie endured an extremely rough production process that included multiple directors departing the project.

Check out the latest trailer for Uncharted, which shows Nate and Sully (with a moustache) in action. You can also watch a new extended look at the cargo plane scene that has been heavily featured in the trailers.

Logan Plant is a freelance writer for IGN. You can find him on Twitter @LoganJPlant.

Continue reading...

Status
Not open for further replies.

VU Sponsors