Tony Hawk Just Sold 100 Skateboards With His Literal Blood in Them

Status
Not open for further replies.

VUBot

Staff member
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Vape Media
Tony Hawk would like to sell you his own blood, in skateboard form. The skating legend has partnered with water and merchandise company Liquid Death for a limited run of skateboards, each with Hawk's blood mixed into the deck paint.

Input Mag reports that this promotion will consist of 100 skateboards, each with "a vial's worth of Hawk's DNA" as a part of the deck paint. The boards cost $500 apiece and were up for sale through Liquid Death, with the decks designed as a very appropriately red-forward advertisement for the subscription-based water sellers.

Per the sale page, the Liquid Death Skateboard is "infused with 100% real Tony Hawk."

A portion of the proceeds from each board will go to 5 Gyres -- a 5013 non-profit engaged in reducing plastic consumption and pollution -- as well as The Skateboard Project, a public skatepark fund run by Hawk himself.

Unfortunately, at the time this article was written, the 100 bloody skateboards were already sold out.

"I am deeply thankful to have a connection with my fans, and I appreciate how Liquid Death connects with theirs,” said Hawk. "This collaboration is taking those connections to a new level, as I have literally put my blood (and soul?) into these decks."

Rebekah Valentine is a news reporter for IGN. You can find her on Twitter @duckvalentine.

Continue reading...

Status
Not open for further replies.

VU Sponsors