Become a Patron!

TOO LITTLE TOO LATE? EVOLV DNA40 ALREADY DEAD TECH?

MKPM

AMG
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
ECF Refugee
I don't get that information on my juice bottles.

Talon4x4

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Nor was my post directed at you. Why did you think it was? Oh well...take it easy!
I guess that's what happens when you click the reply button on someone's post. They assume your response is directed at them.

I would have to agree with most of the sentiments in this thread, this technology is far from dead. I think high wattage sub-ohm vaping represents a very, very small percentage of all the vapers. Here is an example, this past 4th of July we spent a week at the Jersey shore. There was no shortage of people vaping on the boardwalk and in that area in general. However, the only thing I ever saw people using were ego setups and cigalikes. My wife and I were the only ones with mech mods.

Talon4x4

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I never get gunk buildup, but I also do not vape dark juices. Gunk will collect at lower temps btw.

So you are able to vape a .2ohm coil at 100+ watts and don't get gunk or buildup on your coils?!? How the hell do you manage that?? Unless you are changing coils daily. After just a couple days of vaping on .3-.7ohm coils on my gennies my coils look like shit. Please, share your secret for stopping the buildup of junk on the coils. And in my case it has nothing to do with dark juices, because nearly everything I vape is clear or close to it.

MKPM

AMG
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
ECF Refugee
Where did I say I vape at 100+ watts? How do I manage that?? Beats me, it just never happens.

MKPM

AMG
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
ECF Refugee
TpJSzZq.png

Coil = just under two weeks Wick, 8 days
Im0Pd1A.png

The numbers I use for that build.

Pancho_Brown

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
So you are able to vape a .2ohm coil at 100+ watts and don't get gunk or buildup on your coils?!? How the hell do you manage that?? Unless you are changing coils daily. After just a couple days of vaping on .3-.7ohm coils on my gennies my coils look like shit. Please, share your secret for stopping the buildup of junk on the coils. And in my case it has nothing to do with dark juices, because nearly everything I vape is clear or close to it.
I vape any where from .4 to .2 and I don't have any build up. I change wicks every week or so and coils every few weeks. I vape max VG juices so maybe that's the secrete? Other than that i would have no idea why I don't have any gunk build up..

ciro

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years

With the advent of cheap wattage coming from China - is the Evolv DNA40 already dead tech?

We know you can change the temperature with this new chip, but does that really matter to anyone? Is it just a gimmick or a stop gap to separate themselves from current Chinese wattage chips? How long until that small upgrade is cloned?

On the flip side one vaper told me at VCCTN "to control temperature is a way to enter the dry herb market".
It did make me raise my eyebrow for a moment.

Either way -- it seems to be too little to late. China is crushing America in the wattage market. It comes down to watt per dollar. Currently you can get 180 watts (with the god mod) for less then $1.00 per watt. With 200 watts+ on the horizon can Evolv even compete in this game anymore?

With something as tiny and inexpensive as the Eleaf iStick - China is all the rage at the moment in terms of regulated devices. Mod makers are feeling the pinch. No longer can they complain about being cloned. They are being squeezed out by simple innovation at cheap prices.

Tube mods are dieing -- box mods are the new baby. Box mods are easy to build and cheap.. With this latest trend every Tom, Dick and Harry can become a pretty decent mod maker.

This blogger welcomes this new trend. Mod making has reverted back to its early days when it wasn't about exclusivity.

....Its about whats effective.

J_TkMY-wfa4

Click here to get more information on this deal....

ciro

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
[QUOTE="VaporJoes, post: 141233, member

With the advent of cheap wattage coming from China - is the Evolv DNA40 already dead tech?

We know you can change the temperature with this new chip, but does that really matter to anyone? Is it just a gimmick or a stop gap to separate themselves from current Chinese wattage chips? How long until that small upgrade is cloned?

On the flip side one vaper told me at VCCTN "to control temperature is a way to enter the dry herb market".
It did make me raise my eyebrow for a moment.

Either way -- it seems to be too little to late. China is crushing America in the wattage market. It comes down to watt per dollar. Currently you can get 180 watts (with the god mod) for less then $1.00 per watt. With 200 watts+ on the horizon can Evolv even compete in this game anymore?

With something as tiny and inexpensive as the Eleaf iStick - China is all the rage at the moment in terms of regulated devices. Mod makers are feeling the pinch. No longer can they complain about being cloned. They are being squeezed out by simple innovation at cheap prices.

Tube mods are dieing -- box mods are the new baby. Box mods are easy to build and cheap.. With this latest trend every Tom, Dick and Harry can become a pretty decent mod maker.

This blogger welcomes this new trend. Mod making has reverted back to its early days when it wasn't about exclusivity.

....Its about whats effective.

J_TkMY-wfa4

Click here to get more information on this deal....[/QUOTE]

Tripster

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Trippy's Honest Opinion/Observation............................................

What I continue to observe strictly within Online Vaping Communities is that a very small minority are delusional in believing "power is king", I know for a fact that it isn't. If you must need 30w-Infinite Wattage to experience a pleasurable Vape Session, so be it but never attempt to manipulate others into this belief of yours. What devices did you first invest in? Did those Devices safely and successfully allow you to quit smoking Analogs? How has Vaping with said beginner Devices impacted your health after the first 6 months of no Analogs? I could go on and on asking questions but I know for a fact that the answer/s would be rhetorical and or in the lines of "It's my life and I'll do what I want!" That is fine but what isn't is Trendsetters, Bandwagoneers, Cultists, Elitism, and Show Off's. I understand this comes with the territory and what not butt damn it, Vaping has saved countless lives and continues to do so. We have been sabotaged by Agent Provocateurs even if you say otherwise and Federal, State, County, and City Governments and BT/BP/Lobbyists are doing everything they can do to fucking completely make Vaping/E-Cigs illegal and classified as Schedule Narcotics. We are being torn apart from within our very own community by sadistic mother fuckers who's sole Agenda is to strip us of our Individual Rights and force us to do the unthinkable.

Ask yourself this...when will a rogue manufacturer produce a Device/E-Juice that is tainted for the sole purpose of proving that Vaping is dangerous in which is all that would be needed to completely outlaw Vaping altogether? Do you truly need more then 30w for a pleasurable vape session, honestly....do you? As far as I'm concerned High Wattage Vaping between 0mg-6mg is not only a gimmick but an obvious pyramid scheme to force you to spend an arm and a leg.

When will someone get severely injured and or killed from reckless vaping? That thought scares the literal shit out my ass.

Capitalism at it's finest and scariest part, this is an early stage of the takeover.

Divide & Conquer, it's working and continues it's motion at an alarming speed.

I am not attacking anyone individually nor any group period, the way I typed this is to my best format and if it angers you, upsets you, and the like...it isn't supposed to period. I am not the greatest at getting my points/opinions across, I sincerely apologize. This is my raw uncensored opinion, not an act of war, conflict, attack, and the like. This is something I have observed since 2008 when folks were experiencing a pleasurable vape session with 1st Gen Cig-A-Likes/eGo's before mods became an innovation.

I am sadden to observed what I have, that's all.

If this offends you, please press the report button instead of directly attacking me...Much appreciated.

I will now take a leave of absence for the fear of fellow vapers backlash that will ensue.

Constructive and on topic criticism about my opinion is always welcomed!

pink-vape-on.jpg

Kevin2112

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Tripster, I totally agree, as i Vape my 1.7 ohm coil at 14 watts. This industry is growing very fast. With some manufactures thinking all we want is more watts more power and giving it to us with very little concern for safety. But that's OK because we are all adults capable of making good decisions . Then you also have companies like Provape and Evolve who also see this growth but are extremely concerned with our safety and produce products that can deliver very satisfying Vape quality with very little risk and now with the DNA40 that realm of safety has expanded. I've been vaping for a long time now and in my opinion this DNA40 gives the power, safety and will add to the consistency of the Vape I think most of us are looking for. My hats off to Evolve for exploring this type of control and creating a product with the idea that vaping must always be safer than smoking.

dave7x

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Im all for the temp control. It just kinda sucks I bought a vs rdna 30 2 months ago, wish I would've waited. 40 watts is plenty for me.

AdamSenior

Bronze Contributor
Member For 5 Years
No the DNA 40 will not be "dead tech".
In fact it will be more than the majority of will need,.
Just because subohming, and cloud chasing is all the rage now, it is still just a niche market, China is gonna cash in quickly since they know whats popular today will eventually be old news.
I personally prefer the reliability of a DNA powered device over some cheaper, overpowered device.
And for those that think real DNA devices are hard to get and Evolv can't keep up with demand , theres plenty around if you look, in fact the top 3 DNA 30 devices, the Hana, Vaporshark,and ZNA are all in stock at various site right now, as for the diy boards The house of vapor has them in stock .
So no there is no shortage on Evolvs part, they just don't sell directly to the public any more unless you plan on buying in bulk.
you are wrong you can go to evolve website right now and buy one DNA chip I agree with everything else you said though I can't wait for this DNA 40 to come out

MKPM

AMG
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
ECF Refugee
All I was doing was poking a bit at features that seem to replace common sense. In retrospect I do have to remind myself that not everyone has this "common sense". Whilst I do vape SOME of my rigs at super low numbers, there are others that I do not...or CAN not. For example, my Sat22, even set up for cotton autodripping, just tastes off at anything below .7ohms/23w on a mech (I do not use gennies on regulated devices). For me it all comes to what works best for any particular juice...some are great at cooler settings, but as I normally vape "bakery" type juices....I like that "fresh from the oven" heat. I am NOT a cloud chaser as my combat disability greatly reduced my lung capacity and function. But I AM a flavour chaser and a technology minimalist.

SMOKIE

THE MODFATHER
Staff member
VU Senior Leadership
VU Senior Administrator
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
VU Live Leadership
Show Host
Reviewer
Vape Media
VU Live Host
Member For 5 Years
In my serious honest opinion this coil temp was made for other then e-juice vaping because of the temperature control. DABs! Which might get frowned upon in this vaping community from most. Just giving some more ammunition to our government for banning vaping.Capturetge4g.JPG Capturehrhb3g3t4t.JPG

Tripster

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
In my serious honest opinion this coil temp was made for other then e-juice vaping because of the temperature control. DABs! Which might get frowned upon in this vaping community from most. Just giving some more ammunition to our government for banning vaping.View attachment 7055 View attachment 7056

I use Medicinal Cannabis and have been since I was 10 years young, this Temp Control isn't new at all and is strictly for controlling the Temp for BHO or other forms of Cannabis.

Vapers don't need a Temp Control System period.

Zamazam

Evil Vulcan's do it with Logic
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I regulate my coil temperature by the build and how many watts I pump into it. No need for a temp control feature for me.

Dj Xy

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
you are wrong you can go to evolve website right now and buy one DNA chip I agree with everything else you said though I can't wait for this DNA 40 to come out
You are correct, it seems Evolv keeps changing this, cause about 6 months ago they were telling anyone that contacted them about retail that they weren't selling direct anymore and to get one from an authorized vender.
I didn't realize they started retail sale again.

Dj Xy

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
The more I read about the new chip, the better it sounds.
Just read the spec sheet on the DNA40, Its seems your can use nickel wire as a heating element, which is what the temperature control is for.

Last edited:

Zamazam

Evil Vulcan's do it with Logic
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Vaporshark has released their rDNA 40 watt model for $189. I'll wait for a review before thinking about buying one.

Evolv DNA-40 dead tech?? LoL. Not hardly. This product is the most high tech board on the market. Mega high wattage DOESNT equal superior technology nor vaping. Do you know what temperature you're producing at 100W, 150w, 180W ?? Do you know at what temperarure your ejuice breaks down and becomes harmful? Do you know at what temp your wicking becomes combustible?
These are issues that are addressed, with dangers avoided, in the Evolv DNA-40 board. When using the nickel 200 wire you can set your temp and never burn your wick, get the horrible taste, break down you're liquid, etc... Once you find you're preferred temp & wattage setting you can get a consistant, near perfect Vape, every time. You can still Vape up to 40 watts which will allow you some nice clouds with a proper build.
The Watts race isn't necessarily a good thing. Dangers aside, vaping at 150 watts is so hot on the lungs that it isn't enjoyable for most anyhow. The only upside I see to the ultra high wattage devices is having 2 batteries. Unless you're trying to Vape at the ultra high wattages then the battery life will be extended considerably with 2 of them.
Everyone has the right to Vape with what they prefer but Evolv certainly isn't losing the tech race. They are actually innovating & bringing NEW technology to the market.
Vape On & have a blessed day.

wally

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
I agree I also think the temp control is a great Idea and many must be thinking the same because evolve is doing very well right now. I'M thinking who is copying who? and why. Perhaps it is due to the fact Americans were always innovative this is what built America and why it is what it is. So it won't be long before this board like all others will be copied and for good reason. The first e cig was invented in 1963 by Herbert Gilbert the problem was the public was not ready for it at that time.
ac19a79c3662d6fd5a0dc733375a5f2b.jpg

Caloy

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
or go to you tube and watch it

I can't wait you can vape a dripper until its out of juice and you wont ever get a nasty hit. crazy just watch the video and you will see.
Fantastic video!

Anyone know if there's a DIY box mod that will accept a DNA 40 board?

Caloy

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Thanks for replying, but I don't see anything that says DNA 40, will it work on a DNA 30 DIY box? I would assume you need to cut the rails for this.

Midniteoyl

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Thanks for replying, but I don't see anything that says DNA 40, will it work on a DNA 30 DIY box? I would assume you need to cut the rails for this.
Anything that will fit the DNA30 will fit the DNA40.. You need to snap the rails off the DNA40 board first though as they leave them on.. Yes, its same board as the DNA30. They just use to snap the rails off for you on the DNA30.

2c5000

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ecig vapers dont need temp control???

i would strongly dissagree. anytime your coil gets to a certain temp you sre inhaling nasty stuff. not to mention if your coil ever glows red hot that you are producing oxidation of which is harmful.

a temp controlled device can gurantee niether of these happen.

how can that NOT be useful to ecig vapers?

in my eyes temp controlled ecig equipment is the future and will be the standard at some point. we did get into this for health reasons afterall.

You are completely wrong. With the temp control using nickel wire you will never get a dry burn. So if you have it at 40 watts at 480 temp you can have dry cotton and it will not get hot enough to burn. When you add eliquid the vaper production is just like any other chip without the overkill and dryburn. Do some research before you blab about something you have no idea what your talking about. DNA 40 will be new age changing the path of ecig evolution.

wally

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
You are completely wrong. With the temp control using nickel wire you will never get a dry burn. So if you have it at 40 watts at 480 temp you can have dry cotton and it will not get hot enough to burn. When you add eliquid the vaper production is just like any other chip without the overkill and dryburn. Do some research before you blab about something you have no idea what your talking about. DNA 40 will be new age changing the path of ecig evolution.
I agree with you, they act like they know all about something and know nothing. I think they get there information from fasttech lol

It's cost prohibitive for Evolv, and that's why there isn't an Evolv DNA 100 or 150, and so F'ING what? Yihi is the reason we can have temp control, 100+ watts, and go down to. 05 vaping for less than 100, and we are seeing non temp control sub 100 watt QUALITY vapes for 50.00 and dropping daily. Want USA built? Buy a Provari, and I'll get a 39.00 TC 70 WATT ELEAF and laugh. It's what we as American people ask for, cheaper and higher power and quality, and we have it don't we?

bondo

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
TC is slowly but surely becoming the new standard so why pose a chinese vs. american made argument in an 8 month old "new tech" thread?
Hell,the last post before yesterday is almost four months old and we all know how fast this stuff progresses.
******* made is a childish and petty argument to begin with but is even more rediculous when referring to vape gear.
it doesn't matter who makes it,the bottom line is does it work?

VU Sponsors