Become a Patron!

total lack of vapour (kanger subox)

nmclemente

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Gonna apologize before hand for posting yet another question, but the more I try to figure this out myself the harder it gets!

For the past few days my Kanger subox mini (0.5 ohm OCC coil) seems to be producing really minimal vapour. I'm running it between 23-29W which is where I usually have it at (when) it works fine. I've cleaned out my tank, around the coil, switched the coil and nothing seems to be working.

A few days prior I used my first RBA coil for half a day or so and then replaced it with the kanger 0.5 OCC coil, which is when the vapour diminished. Not sure if changing coils like that would cause an issue like this?

My boyfriend has the same mod, running the same wattage and using the same juice and his vapour production vs mine is like night and day.

If anyone knows anything that might cause this I'd love to know, it's driving me nuts. I really would like a satisfying vape!

xx

nmclemente

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
bad coil, had two in my kit.
I've used two coils so far with the same result. Could both of them be this bad? Totally deducting points from Kanger if that's the case :(

skiibo4200

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I've used two coils so far with the same result. Could both of them be this bad? Totally deducting points from Kanger if that's the case :(
Yeah its possible I've seen multiple bad in a row, it makes sense cause if they get a bad stretch of wire and make 10 coils in a row with it all 10 will be bad and they pump out so many coils QC sometimes will miss them.

Sent from my SM-G900R4 using Tapatalk

BigNasty

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
If you have an ohm meter it will bounce around it could be a short, an insulator gone bad or just a bad coil.

nmclemente

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Thanks for the help guys, When I'm out next I'll pick up a new pack. Hopefully that solves everything. Is there anything that I could be doing that's causing this, just incase the next pack is doing the same thing?

skiibo4200

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Thanks for the help guys, When I'm out next I'll pick up a new pack. Hopefully that solves everything. Is there anything that I could be doing that's causing this, just incase the next pack is doing the same thing?
Prime your coils and make sure your not running 100 pg juice :)

Sent from my SM-G900R4 using Tapatalk

Bucky205

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Gonna apologize before hand for posting yet another question, but the more I try to figure this out myself the harder it gets!

For the past few days my Kanger subox mini (0.5 ohm OCC coil) seems to be producing really minimal vapour. I'm running it between 23-29W which is where I usually have it at (when) it works fine. I've cleaned out my tank, around the coil, switched the coil and nothing seems to be working.

A few days prior I used my first RBA coil for half a day or so and then replaced it with the kanger 0.5 OCC coil, which is when the vapour diminished. Not sure if changing coils like that would cause an issue like this?

My boyfriend has the same mod, running the same wattage and using the same juice and his vapour production vs mine is like night and day.

If anyone knows anything that might cause this I'd love to know, it's driving me nuts. I really would like a satisfying vape!

xx
With your boyfriend having the same setup, you have known good parts to troubleshoot with. Put his tank on your device, does it vape well? Now put his coil in your tank with his juice, does it vape well? Get rid of variables by replacement until you have your answer. My guess is going to be the OCC.

xibilius

Member For 4 Years
Hello there,

So i just bought a subox mini yesterday with a mini v2 subtank, and had a similar issue
One thing is to try to change the "air-hole" with the three type of them you could easily change the air flow and that could help increasing the vape
Another thing is trying to change the battery, I use a Sony VTC6 it runs 2600mAh and with much more amperage I could easily make vape with just 15 or 16W "I don't know if that's a real deal but as a noobie it's just a guess
Last idea is just to make sure to maybe overheat it a little bit (push it for the 10sec limit) and then try to puff with it...
I hope this helps, and if you find out how to fix it please share with us.

Regards

VU Sponsors