Become a Patron!

Trader Joe's Liquid Stevia - Safe to vape?

CaFF

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I know there is pure liquid Stevia available, what I'd like to know if this sounds like the same stuff?
I got this at my local TJ's for about $7 and I can't get any from anywhere else locally unless I wanted to take multiple buses...which negates the savings over buying online. Bleh.

So it'd be cool if it was usable for something other than coffee. :)

Not knowing where it is ACTUALLY sourced or who makes it, I'm hesitant to try vaping it. Seems fine in coffee though. Do the ingredients look ok?

I've been using just regular 10% EM solution since 2012, and I'm good with that, just curious.

The Cromwell

I am a BOT
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I think @The Cromwell uses stevia. If I remember correctly. I could be mistaken though
You are correct. I have only tried 2 types though. Some powdered stuff from grocery store. Horrible and Nu Naturals Clear Nu Stevia liquid, nice stuff.
Been using the latter for close to 5 years now.
They have 2 different varieties of the one I use. I use the variety with alcohol in it. Never noticed the alc and I have the bitter gene and tend to notice alcohol.
Never tried the alc free variety. Just found the one containing alc first at GNC and decided it was fine so quit looking.

Reason for Stevia for me?
ALL artificial sweeteners are very horrible tasting to me. some do taste more horrible than others though :)

Last edited:

CaFF

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Hmm. Here's the ingredients on that one...IDK how they compare?

Snap1165.jpg

739223001777-01-09_1024x1024.jpg

CaFF

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
This one I have does seem to have an minimal ingredient list though.

Sounds to me like nobody knows for sure..so I'll just put it in my coffee as intended. ;-)

The Cromwell

I am a BOT
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
This one I have does seem to have an minimal ingredient list though.

Sounds to me like nobody knows for sure..so I'll just put it in my coffee as intended. ;-)
I dunno yours sounds fine from the ingredients.
Try it out and see? Do not think it will harm you.

I use 6 drops in 120 ml of Cromwells custard.

CaFF

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I dunno yours sounds fine from the ingredients.
Try it out and see? Do not think it will harm you.

I use 6 drops in 120 ml of Cromwells custard.

Thanks! Mainly wanted a sanity check on if those ingredients sound OK.

I will probably try a small test batch of something familiar and simple like my Hangsen RY4 and see. I vape like 14mg 25/75 PG/VG so most of my stuff doesn't need much sweetening anyways.

Can't be worse than breathing the air here. :huh:

The Cromwell

I am a BOT
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Thanks! Mainly wanted a sanity check on if those ingredients sound OK.

I will probably try a small test batch of something familiar and simple like my Hangsen RY4 and see. I vape like 14mg 25/75 PG/VG so most of my stuff doesn't need much sweetening anyways.

Can't be worse than breathing the air here. :huh:

Start low shake well let sit overnight and try.
Not sweet enough? add a bit more and repeat until you figure out how much works for you.

Rhianne

Diamond Contributor
Member For 2 Years
ECF Refugee
Start low shake well let sit overnight and try.
Not sweet enough? add a bit more and repeat until you figure out how much works for you.

If you steep it in an open bottle after mixing, maybe the alcohol will evaporate a bit. I get liquid stevia in glycerine, but for 2oz, it’s really expensive. I’m switching to the alcohol one next time.

The Cromwell

I am a BOT
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
If you steep it in an open bottle after mixing, maybe the alcohol will evaporate a bit. I get liquid stevia in glycerine, but for 2oz, it’s really expensive. I’m switching to the alcohol one next time.
The Nu naturals stevia I get is $9.95 from amazon for a 2 oz bottle. almost finished the first bottle after over 4 years of use. Have another one in the wings as backup.

Rhianne

Diamond Contributor
Member For 2 Years
ECF Refugee
The Nu naturals stevia I get is $9.95 from amazon for a 2 oz bottle. almost finished the first bottle after over 4 years of use. Have another one in the wings as backup.

I was using it for coffee, so it ended up going pretty quickly. I’ll look for Nu Naturals. Thanks.

CaFF

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Follow up: I tried it in a few mixes and had no adverse effects I can tell of. May gunk up coils a wee bit more then EM.

Seems to work well, if just a slight bitterness to it compared to my old standby of 10% EM solution.
I got a vial of EM crystals back in 2012 and DIY my own solution. I've had that same vial to this day. :D

Rhianne

Diamond Contributor
Member For 2 Years
ECF Refugee
Follow up: I tried it in a few mixes and had no adverse effects I can tell of. May gunk up coils a wee bit more then EM.

Seems to work well, if just a slight bitterness to it compared to my old standby of 10% EM solution.
I got a vial of EM crystals back in 2012 and DIY my own solution. I've had that same vial to this day. :D

That bitterness is what stevia usually has. Some extracts more than others. Try the TJ stevia in coffee or tea and see how it tastes.
I had a brand called Pyure Organic Stevia liquid which had the least after taste. But for coffee, it goes really fast. I haven’t tried any sweetener in my diy mixes yet.

Hugs to you and Milly!

VU Sponsors