Become a Patron!

Translate drops to % ?

Snowy

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
So i just made a quite nice mix. But counted drops instead of ml (really small batch, just for fun). It ended up pretty nice, so how do i math this properly?

5ml batch consisting of:
  • FA Vanilla Classic: 1 drop
  • FA Fresh Cream: 2 drops
  • TPA Honey Suckle: 5 drops
  • TPA Granny Smith Apple: 3 drops

Hope there's someone out there, that can help. The recipe still needs some tweaking, but it would be nice to do it "properly" instead of guessing percentages.

Thanks in advance. :)

Huckleberried

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
So i just made a quite nice mix. But counted drops instead of ml (really small batch, just for fun). It ended up pretty nice, so how do i math this properly?

5ml batch consisting of:
  • FA Vanilla Classic: 1 drop
  • FA Fresh Cream: 2 drops
  • TPA Honey Suckle: 5 drops
  • TPA Granny Smith Apple: 3 drops

Hope there's someone out there, that can help. The recipe still needs some tweaking, but it would be nice to do it "properly" instead of guessing percentages.

Thanks in advance. :)
Are these the needle tipped droppers (example on the right, in the crappy pic), or the average, ordinary kind (example on the left, in the crappy pic)?

upload_2016-11-15_11-54-30.png

Snowy

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
kQx6L04.jpg

FA flavorings are in the standard FA bottle. TPA flavorings is like the one in the middle.
The one to the right, is a standard needle shaped (for comparisons sake).

Huckleberried

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
Frustrating... they had to go and change everything once people figured out what was what! With those skinnier ones, like you have, the numbers per ml have been all over the place, with the others, they worked out to 33 drops per ml. Those used to work out to:

1 drop = 1% in 5ml
1 drop = 0.5% in 10ml
1 drop = 0.25% in 15ml

I realize this doesn't answer your question specifically... and I hope someone pops in to give you definitive answers, but those skinnier tips will be a little more than half of those measurements. At a guess, with what you posted...

5ml batch consisting of:
FA Vanilla Classic: 1 drop
FA Fresh Cream: 2 drops
TPA Honey Suckle: 5 drops
TPA Granny Smith Apple: 3 drops
0.75%
1.5%
3.75%
2.25%

Snowy

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Cool application @Bobx - and thank you for the screenshot.
Going to download it now. Looks nice. :)

Huckleberried

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
This may get you started but you may have to play a bit.

View attachment 66598
I thought about doing this, too, but the 20 drops per ml doesn't sit well with me, based on the other tips being a higher number, anywhere from the 40 drops, up to 60 drops, that I've seen posted around the DIY section.

Snowy

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Frustrating... they had to go and change everything once people figured out what was what! With those skinnier ones, like you have, the numbers per ml have been all over the place, with the others, they worked out to 33 drops per ml. Those used to work out to:

1 drop = 1% in 5ml
1 drop = 0.5% in 10ml
1 drop = 0.25% in 15ml

I realize this doesn't answer your question specifically... and I hope someone pops in to give you definitive answers, but those skinnier tips will be a little more than half of those measurements. At a guess, with what you posted...

0.75%
1.5%
3.75%
2.25%

I will use those as reference, will be reporting back tomorrow. Currently vaping the first batch, oh my oh my this is a summer vape. :p

Bobx

Bronze Contributor
Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I thought about doing this, too, but the 20 drops per ml doesn't sit well with me, based on the other tips being a higher number, anywhere from the 40 drops, up to 60 drops, that I've seen posted around the DIY section.
Yea I hear you but like I said he may have to play with it a bit. If the industry stayed with a stander tip life would be a little more easier. To be right on one would have to check each bottle and each liquid as to how many drops make 1ml.:confused::confused:. If you buy the same flavor and they change the bottle then you would have to recheck:gaah::gaah: Then when you use the calculator you have to change the 20 to what ever for each flavor that you add:xD:

Huckleberried

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
Yea I hear you but like I said he may have to play with it a bit. If the industry stayed with a stander tip life would be a little more easier. To be right on one would have to check each bottle and each liquid as to how many drops make 1ml.:confused::confused:. If you buy the same flavor and they change the bottle then you would have to recheck:gaah::gaah: Then when you use the calculator you have to change the 20 to what ever for each flavor that you add:xD:
LOL!! OMG isn't that all the truth?? The Saga of the :cuss2:DIYer.

newyork13

Bronze Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I was thinking about getting a scale, but then I (being a Mac user) couldn't find an app which would give me weights.
Am I missing something?

BKTOAD

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I was thinking about getting a scale, but then I (being a Mac user) couldn't find an app which would give me weights.
Am I missing something?

Pre-iphone app called a "pen, paper, and calculator." Works everytime.

8f7d2ea68bf8b7f4fdbac8f50ab21b3b.jpg

A little cheatsheet i made for myself. Weights for pg and pg based flavors.

Huckleberried

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
Mixing by weight is a lot less fuss, for sure. Far less clean up. I don't so much go for the accuracy of it all, as long as my vapes stay consistent in taste, I'm happy.

There are sites that don't care if you're using a Mac, Windows, or whatever. This is just one of them. http://e-liquid-recipes.com/

VU Sponsors